Hello Guest March 29, 2024, 14:30:07 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Free Roaming crossing from one environment to another!  (Read 6105 times)

Bostik

• Forum member
Free Roaming crossing from one environment to another!
« on: December 27, 2013, 08:44:23 »

Hi all,
I was thinking about an idea on free roaming. Would be nice if devs may add (like in some missions) areas that when are crossed, teleport the vessel in another environment. In example, Dover, if the vessel gets past the Lower Eastern corner, it will be teleported to Rotterdam, the upper Eastern corner to Artic Sea, the eastern border to Hamburg and so on...
Could be interesting for people who likes more a departure and arrival maneuver in the same game.
I can provide an example of my idea on one of the charts or even all of them if you find it achievable in an eventual next development!

Dannypenguin

• Forum member
Re: Free Roaming crossing from one environment to another!
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 10:37:33 »

In SS08 you get a globe button to change enviroments wherever you are, and also if you stray too far to the edge of an enviroment you get the globe appear to let you change eviro.  :) I guess you're talking about SSE though...?

Bostik

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 11:08:33 »

Correct...talking about SSE!

I give you an example...sailing from Dover with Pride of Rotterdam, a bit of navigation up to eastern corner. Then "teleport" to Rotterdam for arrival maneuver.
or another one. Sailing Southampton, travelling west, teleport to Atlantic environment, travel SE, then teleport to Marseille so I have sailing - navigation - arrival.

May sound stupid...but I would really enjoy this kind of setup.

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2013, 14:13:02 »

ita one of the features I miss about SS08 - teleporting. Would like to see it back or when you arrive near the end of an environment, it offers to take you to another environment.
Captain Cadet
Please don't message me for technical support!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines