Hello Guest April 20, 2024, 11:08:55 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Activation key for downloads??  (Read 4599 times)

PLF

• Forum member
Activation key for downloads??
« on: December 18, 2013, 15:20:21 »

Hi ive down loaded ocean star for my son as an addon on Ship Sim 2008. Its worked but when we try to select the ship in the menu there is a padlock symbol and it asks for an activation or something key. What is this? Also even if i had a key where is it suposed to be inputted????
Cheers

PLF

Dannypenguin

• Forum member
Re: Activation key for downloads??
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 10:46:55 »

Did you download the Ocean Star Super Pack from the Shipsim website?  :) If so you will need New Horizons to get the actual Ocean Star, as that is an addon pack that adds lights and stuff.

PLF

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 14:15:01 »

Hi and thanks for replying. The Ocean Star addon is from the Shipsim site. It does say that New Horizons is not required for the down load! Is that a lie then? 
Cheers again

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 14:33:46 »

Hi PLF. I think "No New Horizons required" refers to the mentioned two new San Fransisco missions. You can play them without New Horizons. I agree it's a bit confusing. Dannypenguin is right, to sail the Ocean Star you will need New Horizons.. Sorry..
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 16:19:35 by saltydog »

PLF

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 15:18:58 »

Hi and thankyou for the reply, it is confusing and my boy will be upset now that he cant play with Ocean Star. I assured him it would work as it says no New Horizons needed, oh well poor kid.

Thanx

PLF

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 17:47:58 »

Hi PLF,
Whilst not wanting to appear as if I am "Pushing" sales for Vstep, the New Horizons add-on is only 13.99 Euro (£11.68.) This would allow your boy to have, not only access to "Ocean Star", but an absolute host of updated and new, vessels, all as free downloads, in the form of the Super Packs. There are an awful lot of new missions which he could play also. This would keep him occupied over Christmas for many, many hours. :thumbs: ;) There are 26 Super Packs, including the "Ocean Star" one, as well as "Jumbo Javelin", a great heavy lifting ship, all free to download.

Regards,
Angus.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 17:51:57 by Traddles »
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

Dannypenguin

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2013, 18:51:56 »

Hi PLF,
Whilst not wanting to appear as if I am "Pushing" sales for Vstep, the New Horizons add-on is only 13.99 Euro (£11.68.) This would allow your boy to have, not only access to "Ocean Star", but an absolute host of updated and new, vessels, all as free downloads, in the form of the Super Packs. There are an awful lot of new missions which he could play also. This would keep him occupied over Christmas for many, many hours. :thumbs: ;) There are 26 Super Packs, including the "Ocean Star" one, as well as "Jumbo Javelin", a great heavy lifting ship, all free to download.

Regards,
Angus.

I can vouch for this (also not wanting to sound like a VSTEP salesperson)!  :thumbs:

PLF

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2013, 15:08:17 »

Hi ive now downloaded New Horizons and it looks good, now im stuck as how to transfer the game to my sons computer? Like the picture of the Class 25!!!!!

Dannypenguin

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2013, 15:56:59 »

You've lost me there on the transfer thing, sorry I can't help anymore, and i hope you can get it working.

My profile picture? :D Thats a OO gauge model Class 31 on my layout, but I do have a Class 25, along with a Class 08, a 20, two 26's, a 37, a 45, a 50, and a 55. ::) When my model is finished I'll post a few pics in off topic!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 16:00:51 by Dannypenguin »

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2013, 17:42:07 »

Hi again PLF,
Copy the main SS2008 folder onto a blank DVD and then load it from the DVD onto your sons computer.
If his computer is good enough to play the game it is a simple process. Check the requirements for the game on the Ship Simulator website to be sure. If your sons computer is connected to the internet then once installed you will have to delete the game from your own computer and unregister as you can only have the game on one machine, having done that, register it on his machine. If he is not connected you should be OK for him to play on his machine, but he will not be able to download anything more. I would suggest, now that you have installed New Horizons, that you download all the Super packs and "Jumbo Javelin" to your own machine first. Having done that, then transfer the game to DVD. You will then have a hard copy in case anything goes wrong in the future. :thumbs:

Regards,
Angus.

PLF

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2013, 20:26:37 »

Hi, all sorted now, son is made up!! Thanx for all input!!

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2013, 23:45:07 »

Hi PLF,
I'm really pleased to hear your good news. I hope your boy gets as much pleasure from the game as I, and many others have had, and are still having. :2thumbs:

Angus.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines