Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 16:51:42 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3.7Ghz AMD A10 processor, HD8760 Graphics card and 12 Gigs of RAM. Will it work?  (Read 4366 times)

weejam

• Forum member

Just got another Computer with SSE in mind, tire of Ship sim 08 ya' know. The title says it all but kinda' scared. Just wondering if SSE will run good enough to be a sim or will Ih ave to look at pretty pictures at !or @ FPS. Thanks in advance from all you kind folks.

Traddles

• Global Moderator

If your graphics card is the 2GB version it should give perfectly good results with that processor and RAM
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

MokMok

• Forum member

Post your DXdiag please. So that we can take a closer look at the hardware specs.

weejam

• Forum member

Never mind. Just couldn't wait. Impatience is my downfall ;D but not this time. Runs good and smooth except for water on full high. Thanks for the replies.

Captain Cadet

• Forum member

Just got another Computer with SSE in mind, tire of Ship sim 08 ya' know. The title says it all but kinda' scared. Just wondering if SSE will run good enough to be a sim or will Ih ave to look at pretty pictures at !or @ FPS. Thanks in advance from all you kind folks.
:o
Some impressive specs there!
The processor and the RAM will work. I guess your using a 64bit processor and that also works.  As traddles said you just need to make sure that the graphics card has at least 2gb of VRAM!
Captain Cadet
Please don't message me for technical support!

weejam

• Forum member

:o
Some impressive specs there!
The processor and the RAM will work. I guess your using a 64bit processor and that also works.  As traddles said you just need to make sure that the graphics card has at least 2gb of VRAM!

Well, let me put it this way... I am hellaciously impressed with it. Got it for a steal and I love the AMD A10 Processor. probably more than I do Intel??? FSX runs high detail aircraft with the settings maxed except for the water and I always keep that to 1 high and the mesh a little lower but no stutters and very few frame drops. It's rare to see below 20FPS even in NYC. SSE doesn't quite do that good but good enough to be smooth. I still need an NVidia card to run an older game that ATI cards don't work with Windows 8 and will probably go upwards from there. Plus a little higher PSU. But it really beats building one because I get that Tim Taylor syndrome with more power (insert monkey grunt here).

Captain Cadet

• Forum member

Good to hear it all works well with you! FSX would work better i guess than SSE as Microsoft will use their "Super" skills and knowledge and all the money in the world to get the game to play at one frame per second more on a basic graphics card!  :doh:
Captain Cadet

weejam

• Forum member

Good to hear it all works well with you! FSX would work better i guess than SSE as Microsoft will use their "Super" skills and knowledge and all the money in the world to get the game to play at one frame per second more on a basic graphics card!  :doh:

MS, sheesh. If it wasn't for the mini monopoly they have on the operating system software the suits would have drove it into the ground long ago. It seems they really messed up trying to lump simmers and gamers into the same group, ala MS Flight. We all know how that crashed and burned (pun intended). And Windows 8?? It's a good platform but way too many things that I don't need or will ever use.

connorpiper

• Forum member

I have noticed that SSE is a very GPU reliant game. My GPU runs at 100% and my CPU runs at 15-35%
But my GPU is crap and my CPU is very good. So that sucks for me, And may affect my results.

Specs:
CPU: Intel 3570K @ 4.0GHz
GPU: GT610 1GB
RAM: 12GB 1666MHz

weejam

• Forum member

I have noticed that SSE is a very GPU reliant game. My GPU runs at 100% and my CPU runs at 15-35%
But my GPU is crap and my CPU is very good. So that sucks for me, And may affect my results.

Specs:
CPU: Intel 3570K @ 4.0GHz
GPU: GT610 1GB
RAM: 12GB 1666MHz

A couple of suggestions. Go into your GPU settings and disable anistropic filtering. For some reason my graphics hate it with SSE (I believe it is the water). With AF disabled I can run everything in game at max settings except for refractions(never really cared for that too much anyway even on SS08) and still get a smooth experience. Not sure of the FPS though but I guestimate 20 plus or minus. I can't see too much of a difference but it quadruples my frame rate with it off. You can also set everything to performance instead of quality and then start adding more until you find the sweet spot.

Not really familiar with your GPU but mine is an HD8670D with 762mb dedicated and the rest shared up to 6400mb total memory and I do OK.

Does your GPU even fall within the minimum requirements? GPU model numbers always confuse me and usually have to compare them online to see which ones are better, faster and so on. Just try dumbing down your GPU settings, you might be surprised.

Captain Cadet

• Forum member

The way I usually check for GPU is to have a look on how much VRAM they have. Then if I'm still not sure, put the price into Amazon and f it's around £50 it should be good enough.
Captain Cadet
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines