Hello Guest March 29, 2024, 11:41:57 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ship Sim Magazine  (Read 2820 times)

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
Ship Sim Magazine
« on: November 02, 2013, 17:21:15 »

Hey
As many people know ship sim magazine closed down a while ago and i was just wondering was anyone interested in another ship simulator magazine?
Hopefully this would be more successful than ship tv (lets not go there what happened in the end  :doh:)
Anyone interested and got ideas?
Captain Cadet
Please don't message me for technical support!

GeoP17

• Forum member
Re: Ship Sim Magazine
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 19:54:24 »

yeah, it would be great if a ShipSim Magazine would be published or posted here  :captain:  ;)

Thanks a lot stormforce!

Dannypenguin

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 20:40:38 »

I would be interested :)

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 22:48:55 »

Hey
If it was to be created what would you like to see in it?
Captain Cadet

Dannypenguin

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2013, 13:08:04 »

Photo of the month? News? Member profiles? Stuff like that.

I would be happy to help create it too if help is required. :)

petecaler

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2013, 19:16:33 »

I would be interested....

IRI5HJ4CK

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2013, 06:59:27 »

Hi CC,

I'm actually very good (real life) friends with "ShipAddict"...the original "author" of the Ship Sim Magazine. He was very dedicated to the idea, but as me and him both discussed, unless a new instalment of the series comes along which is of generally better quality and success, similar to SS08, then there's no future in something like it. It's completely reliant on the input of the community, which is why I also closed down IJTS, as once SSE was released the community died on it's feet, sadly. I really do hope to see a resurgence in the community one day with a new, quality instalment; but we'll see. I'd happily venture into Multiplayer Forums and "community" ideas again if it were of benefit to a broad community as we once had before.

Jack.

Kind Regards,
Jack.

GeoP17

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2013, 13:35:27 »

also, it would be great if at a ShipSim Magazine there were the best pictures of the month, the best videos and other things like that...what do you say  :angel:

Thanks a lot stormforce!

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2013, 23:45:18 »

Hi CC,

I'm actually very good (real life) friends with "ShipAddict"...the original "author" of the Ship Sim Magazine. He was very dedicated to the idea, but as me and him both discussed, unless a new instalment of the series comes along which is of generally better quality and success, similar to SS08, then there's no future in something like it. It's completely reliant on the input of the community, which is why I also closed down IJTS, as once SSE was released the community died on it's feet, sadly. I really do hope to see a resurgence in the community one day with a new, quality instalment; but we'll see. I'd happily venture into Multiplayer Forums and "community" ideas again if it were of benefit to a broad community as we once had before.

Jack.

I understand where your comming from. I understand it's a lot of work and fiddling but I am prepared to help. Ok someone will have to check my spelling (for obivuse reasons) but I'm wondering how many times could it be downloaded as a trail issue.
It's intressting to see where your comming from though. It's seems to be the issue of the community being too small so maybe it just be a small paper. I spoken to someone who will design it for me and they are happy but they don't check the spellings and so on. So design kinda sorted! Hositing could be an issue though. But it be something I'll look into. We could get this done though a community? I don't know right now as I been kinda been busy after finnishing school (hopefuly everything's died down now).
Thanks for the info though  :thumbs:
But I am looking at what the community thinks and will decide soon weather to push ahead with it or not.
also, it would be great if at a ShipSim Magazine there were the best pictures of the month, the best videos and other things like that...what do you say  :angel:
Good idea I'll take some of the on!  :thumbs:
Captain Cadet
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines