Hello Guest March 29, 2024, 11:19:09 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SSE 1.5.5 Patch Delayed  (Read 8292 times)

zetagundam12

• Forum member
SSE 1.5.5 Patch Delayed
« on: August 24, 2013, 17:03:43 »

Hello All Captains i was wondering what is becoming the new DLC that had some sneak preview 1 year ago i see some server saying 1.5.5 beta test but no body even goes there for some reasons so i was wondering if somebody had information about that subject :D

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
Re: SSE 1.5.5 Patch Delayed
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 17:27:04 »

It's all around the corner. The patch is nearly done. The test server is not open to the public so that's why no one is going on there. The DLC should follow soon after....  keyword 'should'. There's still some testing to do so it's hard to say what might still pop up. And from what I understand Valve have been messing with some things again too so that on their end it's going to take a little longer again as well. And the patch can't be released before all the players, Steam and non-Steam alike, can get their hands on it.

zetagundam12

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 17:30:17 »

thank you for your reply admin and i was wondering if the Titanic would be back on the game because i really wish it to come back :) my favorite ship ever and! i wanted to know if the graphic engine is going to be updated i mean the wake dosen't look like the realistic wake we see in the pictures of the game :) also! the multiplayer server need mooring pedestale sorry am not english you know when you dock where you guys connect the mooring lines :)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 17:35:13 by zetagundam12 »

clanky

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 18:08:23 »

It's all around the corner.

It's just a really long corner.

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 18:40:29 »

It is indeed. I wish there had been more news and progress sooner.

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 18:43:04 »

thank you for your reply admin and i was wondering if the Titanic would be back on the game because i really wish it to come back :) my favorite ship ever and! i wanted to know if the graphic engine is going to be updated i mean the wake dosen't look like the realistic wake we see in the pictures of the game :) also! the multiplayer server need mooring pedestale sorry am not english you know when you dock where you guys connect the mooring lines :)

You are welcome. And unfortunately the Titanic is not making a come-back anymore. That was pretty much laid to rest some time ago already.

About the rest, don't expect any miracles or major overhauls anymore at this stage. But further details will follow when the changelog is made public, before the patch is released.

ci

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2013, 19:52:34 »

Thanks Mad_Fred, at least you could give an answer to that. Thats more than Vstep can do, shame you have to reply for them. But at least we all know that it is still going to happen because i think most of us had given up on any more updates after the long wait  :thumbs:

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2013, 21:31:48 »

I will be paying VSTEP a visit Monday. We will have a final look on the Patch and DLC and I expect to be able to share a release date and patch notes when I'm there.

ci

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2013, 22:55:05 »

I will be paying VSTEP a visit Monday. We will have a final look on the Patch and DLC and I expect to be able to share a release date and patch notes when I'm there.

thanks  Mr Robville lets hope its good news

MokMok

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2013, 15:07:02 »

I hope that the new 1.5.5 patch will fix annoying bugs, improve performance a lot and that it won't introduce new problems like an earlier patch did some two years ago, which caused a bad performance with very low frame rates.

The SSE 2010 software has been built in such a complex way that applying a patch can introduce some new problems.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 16:45:43 by MokMok »

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2013, 16:34:54 »

We've reviewed the tested patch and the DLC yesterday and they are almost ready for release. There are merely a few small things to finalize yet. We're also waiting for the green light so at this moment we can't give the final date, as much as I had hoped and liked to do, but we can only say that it is planned to be released in the coming few weeks if all goes according to plan. It's not just down to Vstep on this, so we'll have to be a little more patient right now. More specific information will follow immediately when the date is set in stone.
My expectancy to already share a release date in my previous post was a misunderstanding of mine. My apologies.

@MokMok,
I'll quote what Fred mentioned earlier:
About the rest, don't expect any miracles or major overhauls anymore at this stage. But further details will follow when the changelog is made public, before the patch is released.

ci

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2013, 19:35:56 »

We've reviewed the tested patch and the DLC yesterday and they are almost ready for release. There are merely a few small things to finalize yet. We're also waiting for the green light so at this moment we can't give the final date, as much as I had hoped and liked to do, but we can only say that it is planned to be released in the coming few weeks if all goes according to plan. It's not just down to Vstep on this, so we'll have to be a little more patient right now. More specific information will follow immediately when the date is set in stone.
My expectancy to already share a release date in my previous post was a misunderstanding of mine. My apologies.

Thanks Mr Robville, at least we all now know that it`s still going to happen. As to the release date, well we all know how Vstep works so it will be a while yet.  :thumbs:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines