Hello Guest March 29, 2024, 08:11:31 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi all, Noob here. A few questions...  (Read 2410 times)

4Paws

• Forum member
Hi all, Noob here. A few questions...
« on: July 26, 2013, 00:26:32 »

Greetings all.  I have a few questions if you would be so kind.  The first is about maneuvering the Orient Star.  I read a few threads about that but didn't find what I was looking for.  I'm pretty sure I understand the function of the main controls.  I assume the control on the far right that can only be slid left or right is the bow thruster.  

The issue that I have is that sometimes it seems to work and sometimes it doesn't.  I'm trying to complete the first challenge in "Tourist Tales" where you eventually have to dock at Southampton.  The problem I'm having is when I get close to the dock the thruster just seems to stop working.  Even though I have it slid to the right, I can hear an increase in motor noise, I can see the RPM rise but the nose of the ship just sits there.  Has anyone else experienced this?  Am I doing something wrong?

Also I was wondering if there was a way to basically raise your seat.  Trying to pilot the motor yacht from the cabin I simply can't see out the front window.

Thanks for any assistance.

Path_Finder

• Forum member
Re: Hi all, Noob here. A few questions...
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 01:18:15 »

In response to your questions, that is indeed the bow thruster control for the Orient Star but make sure you're doing less than 5kts (knots) overall speed or the bow thruster effectively becomes useless other than that I know of no reason why it shouldn't work. As for the seating position for the motor yacht this is a common complaint that I believe has been raised with VSTEP I may be mistaken in that fact so don't quote me on that.

Hope that helps you out.

~Path Finder

4Paws

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2013, 01:34:34 »

Thanks path finder.  Yeah, the 5 knot speed wasn't an issue.  I was pretty much stationary.  I even when back to a saved point in the challenge and approached the dock again with the same results.

Path_Finder

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2013, 03:13:16 »

Hmm there's not much more I can suggest then really, I've never had this issue before I'm sorry perhaps someone else may have another suggestion or solution

~Path Finder

Reagan C. Reese

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 08:02:19 »

Just use your mad skills to dock your ship like a pro.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines