Hello Guest April 20, 2024, 02:30:00 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any plans for a new version?  (Read 3313 times)

Jhham

• Forum member
Any plans for a new version?
« on: June 18, 2013, 01:28:51 »

Hello,

Are there any plans for a new version of Ship Simulator?

I used to enjoy the Simulator but it is VERY full of bugs and takes for ever to load.

I recently upgraded my computer from Vista to Win 7 and now it is unplayably bad.  It crashes half way through any mission I try to do.

Kind regards,  Jhham.

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
Re: Any plans for a new version?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 10:19:47 »

Hi
From what i understand is that there were plans for a new game but due to the failer of SSE i understand that the idea for the next game has been dropped and suttle improvements to SSE.
Captain Cadet
Please don't message me for technical support!

larsdehaan

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 10:54:12 »

Hello,

Are there any plans for a new version of Ship Simulator?

I used to enjoy the Simulator but it is VERY full of bugs and takes for ever to load.

I recently upgraded my computer from Vista to Win 7 and now it is unplayably bad.  It crashes half way through any mission I try to do.

Kind regards,  Jhham.
If you mean a patch, there should be one comming soon.

MokMok

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 14:34:53 »

Hi
From what i understand is that there were plans for a new game but due to the failer of SSE i understand that the idea for the next game has been dropped and suttle improvements to SSE.

Very pity that there are no plans for a next version of ShipSim. Vstep should relase ShipSim Extremes Second Edition, as I am speaking in terms of Windows 98 Second Edition.

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 14:52:33 »

Hi

You must have heard that from an untrustworthy source. No VSTEP official ever claimed there would be a sequel to SSE. And if it was true they especially wouldn't state that SSE was a failure.
So just to clean any suspicions, there isn't and never was any SSE sequel announced.
And before anyone asks, I cannot make any statement of future developments regarding shipsim besides current content.

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 13:00:04 »

You must have heard that from an untrustworthy source. No VSTEP official ever claimed there would be a sequel to SSE. And if it was true they especially wouldn't state that SSE was a failure.
So just to clean any suspicions, there isn't and never was any SSE sequel announced.
And before anyone asks, I cannot make any statement of future developments regarding shipsim besides current content.
I read it somewhere but looking back onto it i noticed it was from someone who has been blocked since.
Sorry for the muck up.
Captain Cadet

MokMok

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2013, 10:51:08 »

Windows keeps involving with new versions, like Windows 8.1. There will be a certain time that Microsoft will release a new version of Windows on which ShipSim Extremes 2010 will not run at all due to compatibility issues! If that happens, we have to say farewell to the Ship Simulator programms, it would be a very pity! :(

I think that a new version of Ship Simulator which will run on a new version of Windows, should be released in the near future!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 10:53:30 by MokMok »

VirtualSkipper

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2013, 12:34:21 »

Windows keeps involving with new versions, like Windows 8.1. There will be a certain time that Microsoft will release a new version of Windows on which ShipSim Extremes 2010 will not run at all due to compatibility issues! If that happens, we have to say farewell to the Ship Simulator programms, it would be a very pity! :(

I think that a new version of Ship Simulator which will run on a new version of Windows, should be released in the near future!

Or you can just not upgrade, if SS is so dear to one.
"There is a plaque laid next to the remnants of the Titanic which reads, "Only Chuck Norris is unsinkable"

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2013, 15:15:46 »

I though, but could be mistaken, that SSE was the final version, with just add-ons being developed, but again stand to be corrected

MokMok

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2013, 15:21:21 »

I though, but could be mistaken, that SSE was the final version, with just add-ons being developed, but again stand to be corrected.

While Vehicle Simulator and Microsoft Flight Simulator are still being developed.

larsdehaan

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2013, 17:54:29 »

While Vehicle Simulator and Microsoft Flight Simulator are still being developed.
Your point being?

boatsimrocks25

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2013, 18:15:36 »

Actually Microsoft Flight Simulator has been shutdown they cancelled any further developments for the FS series.
"Ship Sim Extremes Woohoo!"

"Oceana© is and always will be my Favorite Ship in the Ship Sim© Series

weejam

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2013, 16:52:13 »

Actually Microsoft Flight Simulator has been shutdown they cancelled any further developments for the FS series.

Yep. MS Flight was a flop. Now you have to buy Lockheed Martin's Prepar3d which is still being developed from the FSX platform but tweaked for powerful GPUs and multicore processors. This is what MS should have done instead of trying to create a "one size fits all" program for simmers and gamers.

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2013, 18:16:59 »

Yep it was canncled just after 2 months of being released!  :doh:
Captain Cadet

weejam

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2013, 20:20:13 »

Yep it was canncled just after 2 months of being released!  :doh:

Two months? I didn't really even pay attention other than it was cancelled really soon after it was released. I would rather play sims so with Shipsim, FSX and MSTS I pretty much got it made. Other than spending way too much on download content that is.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines