Hello Guest April 25, 2024, 06:42:01 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fast Ferry 'Sea Eagle'  (Read 2202 times)

Aslad

• Forum member
Fast Ferry 'Sea Eagle'
« on: March 23, 2013, 16:34:18 »

Hi!

I came up with the idea of a new fast ferry called Sea Eagle.It would be a catamaran like Red Jet 4, but bigger. It would have two decks & a pilothouse. The lower hulls would be blue, with the upper hull a bright white. The superstructure of the vessel would be white with a green, red & blue stripe going around. It would be structured similar to Red Jet 4, but the lower deck would have a balcony, the upper deck would include a shop/café and the pilothouse would be situated near the stern, like the one on Red Jet 4. Behind this would be an angled mast and no open balcony area like the one on RJ4. On the lower deck, the rear 1/3 would be walled off, and this would be either an exclusive suite or an engine room, containing four engines that can reach 2000rpm. These engines would be connected to water jets that would propel the craft to speeds up to 47 knots. This would partly be because of the engines, but also because of the sleek catamaran hulls. The superstructure would be very streamlined and sleek, with the upper deck having one, big panoramic window that wrapped around the entire deck. The front of the superstructure would be angled forward and slope down to the twin hulls. The lower deck would have panelled windows. The pilothouse itself would be very rounded and sleek, the windows would be, again, panoramic. There would be room for two seats and the control panels. It would be very low in the roof of the vessel. Controls would be similar to Red Jet 4's but there would be bow & stern thrusters on the catamaran hulls. It would have two anchors.

I hope you like this idea!
Aslas
"A good captain takes care of his crew and his ship. Endeavour to be that good captain"

Path_Finder

• Forum member
Re: Fast Ferry 'Sea Eagle'
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 19:13:53 »

Always interesting reading your ideas Aslas...i swear you should be a ship designer  ;)

Aslad

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2013, 23:43:10 »

Thanks   ;p

That is actually what I wanna be when im older   
"A good captain takes care of his crew and his ship. Endeavour to be that good captain"

Path_Finder

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2013, 02:10:56 »

That's brilliant, you should totally go for it and write down all your ideas and plans. I recommend learning how to draw technical specs it would help you immensely later on if that's what you want to do in later years. It's always great to read your ideas on here I'm thinking maybe you should start a thread just for ideas and designs of vessels. As a qualified marine mechanic (I help maintain and fix boats (someone thought I was a marine once)) some of your ideas are truly great and perhaps in years to come you'll achieve your goal and I might get to work on a vessel you designed  8)

sydmichel

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 16:11:38 »

...I'm thinking maybe you should start a thread just for ideas and designs of vessels...

Start a thread?  there is already a whole section of this forum devoted to ideas and suggestions.  its called Feature requests and suggestions .
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 21:18:35 by Mad_Fred »
We're all buddies in boats

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 21:18:59 »

edit - made it clickable for ya.  :thumbs:

Aslad

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 19:48:34 »

Hi,

what do you mean by
edit - made it clickable for ya.  :thumbs:
?

I take it that it has something to do with the posts?
Thanks,
Aslas

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 00:41:35 »

Hi Aslas,

His bit of text that says 'feature requests and suggestions' was just plain text first.

But I made it a link to the actual board, for added ease.  :thumbs:

MokMok

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2013, 10:44:51 »

@Aslas:
Hi!

I came up with the idea of a new fast ferry called Sea Eagle.It would be a catamaran like Red Jet 4, but bigger. It would have two decks & a pilothouse. The lower hulls would be blue, with the upper hull a bright white. The superstructure of the vessel would be white with a green, red & blue stripe going around. It would be structured similar to Red Jet 4, but the lower deck would have a balcony, the upper deck would include a shop/café and the pilothouse would be situated near the stern, like the one on Red Jet 4. Behind this would be an angled mast and no open balcony area like the one on RJ4. On the lower deck, the rear 1/3 would be walled off, and this would be either an exclusive suite or an engine room, containing four engines that can reach 2000rpm. These engines would be connected to water jets that would propel the craft to speeds up to 47 knots. This would partly be because of the engines, but also because of the sleek catamaran hulls. The superstructure would be very streamlined and sleek, with the upper deck having one, big panoramic window that wrapped around the entire deck. The front of the superstructure would be angled forward and slope down to the twin hulls. The lower deck would have panelled windows. The pilothouse itself would be very rounded and sleek, the windows would be, again, panoramic. There would be room for two seats and the control panels. It would be very low in the roof of the vessel. Controls would be similar to Red Jet 4's but there would be bow & stern thrusters on the catamaran hulls. It would have two anchors.

It reminds me to the Stena HSS with the Stena Discovery which sailed between Hook of Holland Harwich in the years 1997-2006. More info, see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stena_HSS.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines