Hello Guest April 20, 2024, 01:58:44 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Visual Damage on Ships & other questions  (Read 1471 times)

Aslad

• Forum member
Visual Damage on Ships & other questions
« on: March 16, 2013, 19:25:22 »

Hi
As I am fairly new to this game, I have a few questions;

1. I spend most of my time on multiplayer, not free roaming or missions, so I was wondering-do ships get visual damage when they collide with things? (I mean if... say a Cutter hits Orient Star-would it cut through the hull or bounce off and sink? Another example-if a ship hits a wall, will the paint be scratched off etc?)

2. When I watched the game trailer, I noticed a destroyer, but having got the game, I cannot see one. Is it a DLC?

3. Today, the servers are gone from the list. Does anyone know why?

4. On multiplayer, sometimes other ships start flying or capsizing on my screen, but the other players may not notice anything..?

5. I can't seem to use Oceana or her tender on multiplayer...?

I would be really grateful if you could answer these questions.
Thanks, Aslas
"A good captain takes care of his crew and his ship. Endeavour to be that good captain"

VirtualSkipper

• Forum member
Re: Visual Damage on Ships & other questions
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 19:39:13 »

Hi
As I am fairly new to this game, I have a few questions;

1. I spend most of my time on multiplayer, not free roaming or missions, so I was wondering-do ships get visual damage when they collide with things? (I mean if... say a Cutter hits Orient Star-would it cut through the hull or bounce off and sink? Another example-if a ship hits a wall, will the paint be scratched off etc?)

I haven't played SSE multiplay in a long while, but I thought damage (to the point of sinking) was disabled in a patch, because it became a sensitive subject around the forums and in the servers to stop idiots sinking other players. And no, ships won't just pass through each other with that kind of visible damage. The damage would just look like scratch marks or can't be seen at all sometimes.

2. When I watched the game trailer, I noticed a destroyer, but having got the game, I cannot see one. Is it a DLC?

That's just a promotional video which was released even before SSE hit the market. It can be found in the Mission Editor but you won't be able to sail with it (so it's not a DLC).

3. Today, the servers are gone from the list. Does anyone know why?

Probably just server maintenance. Any admins who could confirm that?

4. On multiplayer, sometimes other ships start flying or capsizing on my screen, but the other players may not notice anything..?

That's one of the known bugs in the SSE servers. It also depends on how powerfull the PC of a player is, I believe.

5. I can't seem to use Oceana or her tender on multiplayer...?

The Oceana (and her tender) should first be available for the server first. I guess you've seen that some servers had like 'Sigita+Deniz Doga' behind the server name?

I would be really grateful if you could answer these questions.
Thanks, Aslas
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 19:41:09 by VirtualSkipper »
"There is a plaque laid next to the remnants of the Titanic which reads, "Only Chuck Norris is unsinkable"

Aslad

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 19:58:14 »

Thanks VirtualSkipper
"A good captain takes care of his crew and his ship. Endeavour to be that good captain"

cptdave1958

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 16:21:41 »

It looks like the servers have been down for some time. Every weekend when I get on, I can't link to the server. At first I thought it was me... But since I have seen other posts here, then it has to be them...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines