Hello Guest April 25, 2024, 16:56:06 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any patch to reduce LATITUDE's and VERMAAS DRAFT??  (Read 1469 times)

Tavares Junior

• Forum member
Any patch to reduce LATITUDE's and VERMAAS DRAFT??
« on: November 07, 2012, 03:48:17 »

Good day Mates;
Does anyone knows if theres any patch to REDUCE the LATITUDE and VERMAAS draft, like we had into the SS08?
Thanks in advance....
Tavares Jr
** Open Sea - Radar observer - SMCP - GPS / Chart Plotters / Certifyed yatch Master

Traddles

• Global Moderator
Re: Any patch to reduce LATITUDE's and VERMAAS DRAFT??
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 12:23:56 »

Hi Tavares,
I'm sorry to say that there is no facility for having reduced draft on "Latitude" or "Vermaas".

Regards,
Angus.
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

Tinchu

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 17:52:04 »

I remember in version 2008 VStep reduced the draft for oil tanker Latitude. Thus is possible. But if VStep doesn`t want now... It`s a pity because the Latitude is impossible to use at any scenery.

Perhaps this is not to right place to mention this. The power regulation in Vermaas doesn`t work properly. When I move only one milimeter the cursor the power of the ship rise till 35%. Is not possible to handle the Vermaas at low speed. ¿Do you know this problem?

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 08:24:51 »

Hi
I do not know how you come to this conclusion I  have made missions for latitude
the vessel can sail in Solent and Hamburg to name 2.
                                                                                                Eric

LucAtC

• Ship Simulator Developer
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 18:30:47 »

Hello Tinchu,

The propulsion layout of some SSEx ships is a direct drive from a main engine to a fixed pitch propeller. Like any other internal combustion engine with or without clutches, the crosshead diesel engines have a minimum rotational speed, 20 - 35% of their maximum r/min. Direct driven engines are therefore stopped and restarted ahead or astern as needed. Given time, the ship speed will eventually settle at a deadslow speed around or slightly less than 20 - 35% of the maximum ship speed, if the engine(eers) allow it.
In SSEx, the indication displayed is not the power but the shaft rpm, and if relevant, also the pitch ratio in % of the controllable pitch propellers.

Regards,
Luc

Tinchu

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2012, 18:42:43 »

Thank you LucATC. I didn`t know it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines