Hello Guest April 20, 2024, 10:36:24 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: backing out Oceania  (Read 1211 times)

swap

• Forum member
backing out Oceania
« on: November 03, 2012, 20:55:38 »

Hi all, I need some help please. Ocean voyage part 3. I am in the Sydney harbour and all 3 mooring lines are off, the ship backs up for a little distance and then stops. The ship is not aground. I have tried all Azipod settings but the ship will not back out of its mooring dock. Any help would be much appreciated. Regards Peter

sydmichel

• Forum member
Re: backing out Oceania
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 16:37:53 »

I have just tried it and managed to back out without problem.  Ergo, the problem must be with your setup.  You could try deleting and re-loading the mission just in case the gremlins have got into your first download of the mission.
We're all buddies in boats

swap

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 17:25:10 »

Thank you Sydmichel, I managed to back out the Oceana by moving it sideways away from the dock about 10 feet both bow  and stern. Now when trying to back out I turned the Azipods 180 degrees and applied forward throttles. The ship went ahead. This should not be. Also the bow thrusters were working in reverse while backing up setting the thrusters full to port had the bow moving to starboard. Backing out should not reverse the thrusters . Port should remain port even when you change the motion from forward to reverse. Anyway I managed to back it out by not turning the Azipods 180 degrees and just applied reverse on the throttle quadrant with the pods at zero degrees rotation. My ship controls work normally on other vessels. Regards Peter

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 18:16:07 »

Hi Swap,
i have just tried this one out for you. You must push the stern of "OCEANA" well clear of the shallow patch near the red bouy at her stern by using one of the inner engines rotated 900. Once that is done if you come astern on both inner engines until she is coming astern at a low speed then you may use the bow thrusters to swing the bow to port. I attach 4 pictures which show the sequence clearly. You can see the positions of the controls as the ship clears her berth.
The engines on "OCEANA" must be moved to the ASTERN position, OR rotated 1800 and moved to the AHEAD position, as you can see in the pictures. A little confusing I know, but you soon get the idea I hope. I am somewhat baffled by the fact that your controls would appear to be  working incorrectly. ???

Regards,
Traddles
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 18:32:15 by Traddles »
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

swap

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 21:46:49 »

Thank you very much Traddles, the shallow spot near the buoy is the problem even though the depth indicator does not show the stern to be aground. As I said I managed to do it by moving the entire ship sideways. The bow thruster reverse direction is a mystery. I will not worry about it. Thank you again for your help. Regards Peter
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines