Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 15:22:05 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Teaser  (Read 59074 times)

Swenson

• Ship Simulator Community Manager
  • Forum member
Teaser
« on: October 22, 2012, 09:53:01 »

A small teaser to start the week.
Stay up to date by following our social channels!
http://twitter.com/shipsim
http://www.facebook.com/shipsim

larsdehaan

Re: Teaser
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2012, 12:46:17 »

Nice Swenson! This is what the Franchise needs right now.

wiqvist

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 13:07:24 »

Is this the ship to the Bulkcrane? (4th of Mai so did Swenson released the news that there is coming a "Bulkcrane Dlc")

If it is, I understand that you choose a more simple ship construction than the ship that was on the picture with the crane, but it had been nicer with a ship where you could have "closed" the deck(like the one on the crane picture).

Sorry wiqvist, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
If you cannot show respect, and keep acting like a troll, then you're not allowed to po

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 13:54:44 »

I doubt it's the same ship posted in may  ;)
Looking neat ingame, I can't wait for the release!

danny

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 14:11:36 »

Why is it I get the feeling this DLC might be in response to river simulator 2012...  :doh:
STCW II/1 Unlimited Officer Of the Watch.
Big or small, I'll sail 'em all!

ci

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2012, 15:38:43 »

I hate it when you tease Swenson.Hope this is the new Bulk Crane DLC being released this week. Going by passed DLC releases then it should be Thursday 12 pm GMT.  :thumbs: or  :thumbdown:

The Ferry King

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2012, 15:56:16 »

It seems like the Bulk crane DLC.

I must say, the detail of the ship quite credible, i hope the rest of the pack would be the same.

I hope this teaser isnt going to last too long like the Ferry pack did.. one by one..

You've caught my eye!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 07:55:43 by The Ferry King »

CarterTheCargoMan

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2012, 03:36:16 »

Why is it I get the feeling this DLC might be in response to river simulator 2012...  :doh:

Looks like excellent work Swenson, I'm anticipating the release, another SSE DLC release is just what we need.

River Simulator 2012 actually doesn't look half bad, and yes, I did just google that.  ::)

But I'm sure the real question going through our heads is: Will it be free...?

Best regards,

Carter

Swenson

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2012, 11:06:04 »

What about this beauty?

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2012, 11:38:00 »

Looks like excellent work Swenson, I'm anticipating the release, another SSE DLC release is just what we need.

River Simulator 2012 actually doesn't look half bad, and yes, I did just google that.  ::)

But I'm sure the real question going through our heads is: Will it be free...?

Best regards,

Carter

Hi Carter,
You are not seriously suggesting that a Company which is in business will put in many hours of work and then not charge for it are you. :doh:  If the Ship Simulator games are to survive, then money must be raised to fund the work involved. Surely you would not work for no wages would you. ???  There have been a couple of free DLC's I know, but in each case the work has been paid for from other sources and permission given to offer the results to our players.

Regards,
Traddles.
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

Dreadnought

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2012, 12:06:37 »

No problems about paying for good add ons. Only hope we don't go down the route of Train simulator pricing.

dexter7

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2012, 20:50:56 »

It definiteley reminds me of a push bout I saw on 'How do they do it?'. It is designed to fit the certain  barge that it pushes...
My PC specs:
AMD Phenom II X4 965 (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
600W Power Supply
MSI N760 TF IV OC
8GB or RAM
Acer X213W ~ Cyberpower PC Gamer Ultra 2097 Desktop PC
Favorite games: Ship Simulators, MS Flight Sims, Railworks 3,

CarterTheCargoMan

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2012, 00:06:00 »

Hi Carter,
You are not seriously suggesting that a Company which is in business will put in many hours of work and then not charge for it are you. :doh:  If the Ship Simulator games are to survive, then money must be raised to fund the work involved. Surely you would not work for no wages would you. ???  There have been a couple of free DLC's I know, but in each case the work has been paid for from other sources and permission given to offer the results to our players.

Regards,
Traddles.

Of course I know about that, but it just seems a little tacky, don't you think? I know these projects take a long time to complete, and they sometimes cost a hecka lot of money to make, but I don't think the community, in which receives the addon, should have to pay every expense just to get it?

I've been in gaming for a LONG time, and let me tell you over the years I have bought so many DLCs and addons it's not even funny. In fact, if any of you lucky lovers owns Train Simulator 2013, you would know that every DLC released by the company cost money, there are some freeware addons, but most of which require their payware addons to function properly. And over the years, that company that makes TS2013 has made alot of addons, enough to cost you over $1500 just to buy everything!

I understand the concept of payware DLCs, I really do. But does everything have to cost money? It's a question I'm sure you all have asked yourself at one point or another, atleast I know I have. And I completely agree with Dreadnought by paying for good addons, but just one free addon every once and awhile sounds great, in fact that's why you guys should have a donate page, so people willing to see more DLC could contribute to the cause, it's just an idea though.

But I apologize, I'm getting off-topic. The ship looks like it's coming along very nicely, another barge is splended, I always liked the barges. Can't wait!

Best regards,

Carter
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 00:07:39 by CarterTheCargoMan »

Rbsanford

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2012, 01:03:00 »

Hopefully a river transport pack, including a river cruise ship! ;D
Today's weather:

http://www.lsmma.com/webcam/webcam_st.html

Not to sound cliched, but what a long, strange, trip it's been.

Swenson

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2012, 14:41:24 »

Stunning..

The Ferry King

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2012, 15:19:25 »

3 ships in a week, amazing Swenson.

Cannot wait. It seems like some kind of 'inland harbour' pack.
Any outside teasers maybe? e.g part of a ship?
Once again: Great great work!

« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 15:24:47 by The Ferry King »

ci

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2012, 15:24:54 »

3 ships in a week, amazing Swenson. second that  :thumbs:

wooden interior looks good and all in Rotterdam.

Another teaser tomorrow Swenson or release

The Ferry King

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2012, 15:29:35 »

3 ships in a week, amazing Swenson. second that  :thumbs:

wooden interior looks good and all in Rotterdam.

Another teaser tomorrow Swenson or release

Maybe not the release without a release date.

However, i guess there is more to this pack assuming the ships seem quite medium to small sized. I hope
Funny how they are all taken at near enough a similar position? Did you use that particular way point.?

ci

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2012, 15:40:53 »

Dont think we will be given a release date they always change.Swenson will just make an announcement on forum when its ready.As you say its looking good and i cant wait now.

wiqvist

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2012, 16:35:58 »

Well, now it more lookslike a tugboat-pack.

But, honestly, I hope that the pictures are from an early stage cause they do not look ready. Each instrument looks okay but it looks far from realistic. What you can do with the technology of today so does this looks like it comes from a 10 year old game. What is missing is the shadows, normaly should the light come from one direction and each instrument should throw some shadow, but that does not exist. The first two pictures Swenson have posted looks realy ugly, so I guess that is from a realy early state of creation.

If the finished part looks like this pictures so will few buy this add on I guess. But with some more months of work they could look great enough.

I do not know what you guys are used to, but I am used to game vehicles looks much more realistic.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 17:25:18 by wiqvist »

Sorry wiqvist, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
If you cannot show respect, and keep acting like a troll, then you're not allowed to po

ci

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2012, 16:57:51 »

Well, now it more lookslike a bougsier pack.

But, honestly, I hope that the pictures are from an early stage cause they do not look ready. Each instrument looks okay but it looks far from realistic. What you can do with the technology of today so does this looks like it comes from a 10 year old game. What is missing is the shadows, normaly should the light come from one direction and each instrument should throw some shadow, but that does not exist. The first two pictures Swenson have posted looks realy ugly, so I guess that is from a realy early state of creation.

If the finished part looks like this pictures so will few buy this add on I guess. But with some more months of work they could look great enough.

I do not know what you guys are used to, but I am used to game vehicles looks much more realistic.

@ Wiqvist everyone is entitled to the own opinion of the game,like you i would like it to be more realistic but you know that is not going to happen. Yes we would all like the perfect game and we all live in hope but something is better than nothing. No offence intended Wiqvist     

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2012, 17:18:24 »

This is clearly a graphical issue. And as much as I would love to see dynamic shadows and ambient occlusion with tesslation, I prefer my computer not burning out, as we all know, the gameengine is demanding enough.
Since SS never had this, we should just accept the graphics as they are for now. Compared to SSE standarts, I think the images look great.
Compare it with graphics like Crysis, well.. <Insert your joke here>
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 17:20:02 by mr robville »

Rbsanford

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2012, 22:44:00 »

Stunning..

...very stunning...

Love the wood paneling! You guys have been working hard. Right now I'm crossing my fingers for a river cruise ship. Can't wait for more screenshots! ;D
Today's weather:

http://www.lsmma.com/webcam/webcam_st.html

Not to sound cliched, but what a long, strange, trip it's been.

Swenson

• Forum member
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2012, 08:25:27 »

Another teaser!

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2012, 09:07:33 »

Me like!  ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines