Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 19:45:54 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Teaser  (Read 59076 times)

mastermax10

• Forum member
Re: Teaser
« Reply #100 on: June 05, 2013, 18:15:58 »

ok i lolled there on those picture's ;D,,,
I would be awesome if it is something entirely different,, like a new map (rivers?? :o)

We will wait!
Playing under the name off::::: Max_NL
MCS Guna
*Tonnage 3489 ton
*Lengte 135 m
*Breedte 11,45 m
*Diepgang 3,31 m
*Voorstuwing Caterpillar 2 x 2028 pk           *Motortype 3516 (B) DI-TA electronic         *Kopschroef 2 x 610 pk Caterpillar van Tiem.

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #101 on: June 05, 2013, 21:08:11 »

Alright in all seriousness.  ;)

It's killing me not being able to say everything. And I certainly want to avoid the "soon" word.
It's safe to say that we are now doing some beta tests on the DLC and Patch.

Just for fun (although not too new for everyone) I made these screenshots of Deo Favente:

For those (I forgot who) that addressed the need of visible glass. It's now there.

Pictures of the real vessel:

(Pictures © of various people from MarineTraffic.com)

If anyone likes, I could share some WIP screenshots during the modeling stages.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 21:09:55 by Mr Robville »

Rbsanford

• Forum member
« Reply #102 on: June 05, 2013, 23:28:15 »

Very interesting, how the barge bridge raises like that. I assume we can't raise it in the game version?
Today's weather:

http://www.lsmma.com/webcam/webcam_st.html

Not to sound cliched, but what a long, strange, trip it's been.

danny

• Forum member
« Reply #103 on: June 06, 2013, 00:35:05 »

Does someone at vstep have an obsession with barges & azimuth thrusters? When the DV is released both of SSE's barges will be approximately the same size, and have EXACTLY the same propulsion system (1 FPP prop, 1 rudder and a bow mounted azimuth). Thats an amazing amount of variety!
Can we please have something that uses a bowthruster (which seem to work OK in SSE) as obsessed to the azimuth thrusters which, lets face it, can be temperamental on the best of days...
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 00:38:25 by danny »
STCW II/1 Unlimited Officer Of the Watch.
Big or small, I'll sail 'em all!

mastermax10

• Forum member
« Reply #104 on: June 06, 2013, 00:42:16 »

Does someone at vstep have an obsession with barges & azimuth thrusters?
Well the dutch have the biggest inland shipping fleet (Percentage) of the world..... so mayby that,,, and i would still love to see a map of an river, like in Holland :thumbs:
MCS Guna
*Tonnage 3489 ton
*Lengte 135 m
*Breedte 11,45 m
*Diepgang 3,31 m
*Voorstuwing Caterpillar 2 x 2028 pk           *Motortype 3516 (B) DI-TA electronic         *Kopschroef 2 x 610 pk Caterpillar van Tiem.

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #105 on: June 06, 2013, 08:49:42 »

Does someone at vstep have an obsession with barges & azimuth thrusters? When the DV is released both of SSE's

For an Inland DLC it's not that strange isn't it? barges. ::) There were many requests for these type of vessels. Again not strange considering that a decent amount of players are professional captains/sailors of inland vessels. I second mastermax' statement.
And it was never mentioned that Deo had an azimuth thruster. It uses a conventional propulsion system and does have a bow thruster.

...both of SSE's barges will be approximately the same size,
I see barges sail by next to my school every day. Except some minor difference, the overall design is practically the same. Especially the size since these are fixed limit sizes within the regulations. A builder cannot simply say "let's build a 200 meter barge!"

Very interesting, how the barge bridge raises like that. I assume we can't raise it in the game version?
Unfortunately not.  :-\ There were some technical difficulties trying to make that work.

danny

• Forum member
« Reply #106 on: June 06, 2013, 13:51:30 »

For an Inland DLC it's not that strange isn't it? barges. ::) There were many requests for these type of vessels. Again not strange considering that a decent amount of players are professional captains/sailors of inland vessels. I second mastermax' statement.
I really need to work on how I phrase things... I wasn't complaining about the barge, I was complaining about both ships having azimuthing thrusters!

And it was never mentioned that Deo had an azimuth thruster. It uses a conventional propulsion system and does have a bow thruster.
The bridge view screen shot you posted shows an azipod controller above the throttle/telegraph...

I see barges sail by next to my school every day. Except some minor difference, the overall design is practically the same. Especially the size since these are fixed limit sizes within the regulations. A builder cannot simply say "let's build a 200 meter barge!"
Whilst I know there are restrictions regarding the size and shape of barges, and that there's only so much you can do to make each barge look "different", there are many other types of vessel which sail on inland waterways - some of which we don't have in game.
Would it not have been a better idea to add those instead? Dredgers, shoalbusters, inland cruise ships, They all differ greatly and non of them are in SSE. Even the ships we do have look completely different if you go to somewhere other than the EU (ex. The Mississippi pushboats, or the inland cargo vessels in the far east).
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 14:01:25 by danny »

Rbsanford

• Forum member
« Reply #107 on: June 06, 2013, 23:53:06 »

Unfortunately not.  :-\ There were some technical difficulties trying to make that work.

Ah, bummer. She's still great though! I like the car, and the bridge is very nice.
Today's weather:

The Ferry King

• Forum member
« Reply #108 on: June 07, 2013, 09:38:56 »

Are there any other ships coming out? or is it just this one, still i would love to buy this ship.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #109 on: June 07, 2013, 10:47:26 »

http://forum.shipsim.com/index.php/topic,29172.msg385362.html#msg385362

Did you forget this post TFK? Mind you, seven months is a long time ago. :doh:
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 12:14:34 by Traddles »
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

Rbsanford

• Forum member
« Reply #110 on: June 07, 2013, 17:39:40 »

I think what he meant was, "Will this be the only ship released in the DLC with others sold separately, or will all the ships be sold in one big DLC?"

Sort of like either the CCC DLCs or the Ferry Pack.
Today's weather:

zilverenmist

• Forum member
« Reply #111 on: June 07, 2013, 17:58:13 »

@Danny

This type of ship has become very popular. Since VStep originally makes professional simulators it is not strange they just have an order to build a sim for it, and beside that the eventual contracters may have given permission to have their ship in the game as well.
I think the ship should be as real as possible, and if that inlcude azimuth it has to be that.
I think the professional side of VStep will always go before the game.

danny

• Forum member
« Reply #112 on: June 07, 2013, 18:05:25 »

@Danny

This type of ship has become very popular. Since VStep originally makes professional simulators it is not strange they just have an order to build a sim for it, and beside that the eventual contracters may have given permission to have their ship in the game as well.
I think the ship should be as real as possible, and if that inlcude azimuth it has to be that.
I think the professional side of VStep will always go before the game.

I don't think the real version of the ship has an azimithing thruster. Atleast, she doesn't have the symbol painted on her bow..

larsdehaan

« Reply #113 on: June 07, 2013, 18:11:45 »

I don't think the real version of the ship has an azimithing thruster. Atleast, she doesn't have the symbol painted on her bow..
Theres a symbol for thrusters!?!

danny

• Forum member
« Reply #114 on: June 07, 2013, 18:20:07 »

Theres a symbol for thrusters!?!

Yes. The symbol on the right of the attached picture is a conventional tunnel thruster, and the one to the left is an azimuth thruster.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 18:23:16 by danny »

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #115 on: June 07, 2013, 18:25:21 »

She doesn't have any symbol painted on the bow.  ;) Neither azimuth or conventional.

larsdehaan

« Reply #116 on: June 07, 2013, 18:30:37 »

Yes. The symbol on the right of the attached picture is a conventional tunnel thruster, and the one to the left is an azimuth thruster.

That explains Danny!

danny

• Forum member
« Reply #117 on: June 07, 2013, 18:35:39 »

She doesn't have any symbol painted on the bow.  ;) Neither azimuth or conventional.

So, If she has no symbol there then she shouldn't have any form of thruster at the bow...

JoMach

• Dutch Moderator
« Reply #118 on: June 07, 2013, 19:09:01 »

So, If she has no symbol there then she shouldn't have any form of thruster at the bow...
symbol is only for seegoing vessel not for inland vessels
jomach

danny

• Forum member
« Reply #119 on: June 07, 2013, 19:21:09 »

symbol is only for seegoing vessel not for inland vessels
jomach

Ahh. Well, in that case... I take it back - I guess she can have whatever bow mounted assistance Vstep see fit, although I'd still prefer a tunnel thruster..

JoMach

• Dutch Moderator
« Reply #120 on: June 07, 2013, 20:08:33 »

Ahh. Well, in that case... I take it back - I guess she can have whatever bow mounted assistance Vstep see fit, although I'd still prefer a tunnel thruster..
Hi Danny I think the most modern inland vessel use this type, you can take it up and down and turn it 360 degrees its not a azimuth or fort schneider
jomach
http://www.verhaar.com/fotoarchief/foto-s-divers

exp 1648

• Forum member
« Reply #121 on: June 07, 2013, 20:12:25 »

I think this DLC is finisched, right?

But, only for know the next intention of the developer, there is some hope to see an hovercraft?
See this for more detail that I like:
1) http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8b/Hydrofoil_Aldebaran.jpg
2) http://giovanepenisola.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/714-2-grande-1-aliscafo_caremar_500x320.jpg
Idrofoils "Aldebaran"

Sorry for bad english but it isn't my first language ;)

Mr Robville

• Administrator
« Reply #122 on: June 07, 2013, 22:18:12 »

Hi Danny I think the most modern inland vessel use this type, you can take it up and down and turn it 360 degrees its not a azimuth or fort schneider
jomach
http://www.verhaar.com/fotoarchief/foto-s-divers

Thanks for the link!  :thumbs:

Deo features something like this:

It's a jet bow thruster.

It uses a set of tunnels as seen here on a similar type of ship:

Just believe my word. I used accurate plans from the owner to create the 3D model, So there's no guesswork in these kinds of things.

mastermax10

• Forum member
« Reply #123 on: June 07, 2013, 22:21:19 »

Thanks for the link!  :thumbs:

Deo features something like this:

It's a jet bow thruster.

It uses a set of tunnels as seen here on a similar type of ship:

Just believe my word. I used accurate plans from the owner to create the 3D model, So there's no guesswork in these kinds of things.

Here is another one, it's our main ship and the barge with it,, also the ship i'm working on and from our family. :D
MCS Guna
*Tonnage 3489 ton
*Lengte 135 m
*Breedte 11,45 m
*Diepgang 3,31 m

danny

• Forum member
« Reply #124 on: June 07, 2013, 22:39:47 »

So its something similar to a Gill Jet thruster? If it is a Jet-type thruster, you've still used the wrong controller  :doh:

Also - And I'm probably going to draw a lot of flak for this - Given Vstep's track record when it comes to "trust" and "the truth" you can understand why some of us are a bit skeptical when it comes to trusting the things that Vstep or its representatives say...

But regardless of that fact, thank you for clearing up that issue regarding the thruster - now all you need to do is change the controller and everything will be grand! (Doesn't change the fact I'm unlikely to buy any of the upcoming DLC's, even if one of the new things is my favorite type of ship...)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines