Hello Guest September 21, 2024, 04:23:23 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: User Created Mods  (Read 1321 times)

CaptainTorry

• Forum member
User Created Mods
« on: October 12, 2012, 17:55:27 »

Just bought this game yesterday, and started looking for mods. Are there any user created ship mods available, or is this all there is. Being a long time player of such games as the Silent Hunter series as well as VS, I expected to see more ships available for this game, but so far I'm really disapointed with what I'm seeing. Are there any places where one can download new ships or purchase them? I mean what VSTEP seems to be offering is pretty mediocre. Thanks for any info.

Regards:
CaptainTorry ???

danny

• Forum member
Re: User Created Mods
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2012, 18:46:59 »

Hi terry,

Unfortunately VSTEP don't allow users to add their ships to the game. Vstep do release DLC's, which you can find here : http://www.shipsim.com/products/shipyard If you are using the non steam version.
There is a link to the Steam version of these DLC's in your steam library  :thumbs:

Hope this helps!
STCW II/1 Unlimited Officer Of the Watch.
Big or small, I'll sail 'em all!

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2012, 19:02:39 »

As at the present there are 43 different vessels available in the game. This, of course, if you have all the DLC's which are there to buy, or download free in some cases. How many ships can anyone use at any one time? ::) If 43 vessels is poor then I am rather baffled.
When you have just bought the game yesterday, I do not think it is possible that you have looked very hard at the possibilities which are there to enjoy. ???

Traddles.
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

CaptainTorry

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 22:21:14 »

Hi terry,

Unfortunately VSTEP don't allow users to add their ships to the game. Vstep do release DLC's, which you can find here : http://www.shipsim.com/products/shipyard If you are using the non steam version.
There is a link to the Steam version of these DLC's in your steam library  :thumbs:

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the info. Not allowing users to create and add mods is a very short sighted policy on Vstep's part. The reason why games like the Silent Hunter series and Virtual Sailor are still widely supported and played today, is because of their modding comunity. In VS, for instance, you have a wide range of ships to choose from, commercial as well as warships, and can plot a course on a world map and actually sail anywhere, without getting told after 15 minutes you've ran out of an invironment space. These things were all created by the modding community to enhance the game for the players and didn't require the Developer himself to do all the work. Yes I bought the Extremes Complete with all the DLC, but out of the 43 vessels mentioned, I only see 2 cruise ships, one tanker, one LG tanker, a couple of heavy lift ships, one large container ship and a inland container, and the "Winner" that even look interesting. Most of the small craft loose their interest pretty quickly. But I suppose it is what it is. The game runs fine and I have no complaint there, I would have been willing even to buy 3rd party DLC if available which even MS flight Sim has, but I guess Vstep doesn't even allow that. Customs boats or pilot boats just aren't that interesting to me. Anyway, thanks for your feedback on the subject.

Regards:
CaptainTorry
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines