Hello Guest May 09, 2024, 18:33:56 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: (Sail) Ship Simulator  (Read 2246 times)

ChrisBson

• Forum member
(Sail) Ship Simulator
« on: October 01, 2012, 13:38:19 »

Hi,

I'm looking for a (sail)ship simulator game that takes place in a nice environment. I heard about a new upcoming game called The Good Life where you can sail from island to island by completing missions. Anybody heard of this game? if so what do you think about it? http://www.immersionfx.com/

Cheers :),

Chris
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 15:15:58 by ChrisBson »

danny

• Forum member
Re: Sail (Ship) Simulator
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 14:07:33 »

What do I think about it? Well - Its even worse than SSE! And that's saying something!

Your 3D models are sucky, the graphics date back from the dark ages and I'm pretty sure you've dredged that GUI out of a MS-DOS game!

What do I thnk about your post? Well - Its a clever way to hide spam... but not clever enough!

Edit :-
Sorry for this post - I've been having issues on other forums where people make posts like the above pretending to be simple end users, when in actual fact they work for the Game studios PR department... It was a mistake on my part and I shouldn't have "painted everyone with a single brush". I'm sorry to all involved (Chris - check your PM inbox shortly  :thumbs: )
« Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 18:13:13 by danny »
STCW II/1 Unlimited Officer Of the Watch.
Big or small, I'll sail 'em all!

larsdehaan

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 14:42:10 »

His models?

ChrisBson

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 14:50:51 »

What do you mean with your models etc? I've heard about this game and was just wondering if any one know something about the game or can tell me about other interesting sail sims.

danny

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 15:03:05 »

The 3D models? The ones used in the advertising material? Such as the "power" boat?

Also - How is this game a "Sail (ship) Simulator"? From the looks of the advertising material, it is more of a second life style of game!?

ChrisBson

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 15:13:00 »

Indeed, the game features says it's a mixture of Life and Sail simulation, with all kinds of boats including sailboats which I prefer the most.

larsdehaan

Re: (Sail) Ship Simulator
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 15:51:42 »

Game Features:

Hybrid gameplay: a rare mix of Life and Ship simulation genres.
    Select one of 6 different ship types (taxi boat, sailboats, speedboats or yachts) that are unlocked as the game progresses.
    Ultra realistic tropical water, both when sailing or diving !
    Realistic weather conditions and 24hr day/night cycle.
    Become an adept skipper and master the techniques to control your ship and take shelter in any harbor.
    Experience vast, beautiful tropical locations, with more than 50 harbors and dozens of diverse places to explore, ranging from luxurious hotels to ancient cities and from picturesque beaches to mystical underwater worlds.
    Play as Derek or Michelle and interact with your customers, persuading them to hire your boat.
    Buy and sell properties in ports, such as sun beds, apartments, bars, restaurants, beach houses, bungalows, villas and even hotels.
    Seek treasures in the deep, rescue people from drowning, avoid pirate attacks, take part in photo safari excursions, avoid tornados, become rich and famous!
    Compete against 9 other NPC skippers that try to gain more money, better reputation and ranking than you in becoming the tycoon of the JoJo Islands.

Sounds Interesting though.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 17:05:32 »

What do I think about it? Well - Its even worse than SSE! And that's saying something!

Your 3D models are sucky, the graphics date back from the dark ages and I'm pretty sure you've dredged that GUI out of a MS-DOS game!

What do I thnk about your post? Well - Its a clever way to hide spam... but not clever enough!

I have to say that the post here is one of the most rude and unnecessary ones that I have come across in a long time. ChrisBson asks a simple question and gets this kind of reply. :o I make no further comment as it is of no point in a case such as this.

Traddles.
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

danny

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2012, 17:19:25 »

Matter in hand - Have PM'd those involved ;)

Captain Cadet

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2012, 17:03:04 »

Edit :-
Sorry for this post - I've been having issues on other forums where people make posts like the above pretending to be simple end users, when in actual fact they work for the Game studios PR department... It was a mistake on my part and I shouldn't have "painted everyone with a single brush". I'm sorry to all involved (Chris - check your PM inbox shortly  :thumbs: )

I have to say that the post here is one of the most rude and unnecessary ones that I have come across in a long time. ChrisBson asks a simple question and gets this kind of reply. :o I make no further comment as it is of no point in a case such as this.

Traddles.
:doh:  :evil:
Captain Cadet
Please don't message me for technical support!

MokMok

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2012, 18:37:28 »

I hope that a demo version of this new game will be released. So that we can test it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines