Hello Guest April 30, 2024, 07:40:33 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A few of 'noob' questions....  (Read 2534 times)

robert952

• Forum member
A few of 'noob' questions....
« on: September 29, 2012, 00:03:38 »

Just got a copy of Ship Sim Extremes... 

Couple of noob type (I am sure) questions.  Is there a way to play this without an internet connection?  A lot of time when I am traveling on business, 'net connections are so iffy.  (I think I know the answer - No.  But want to make sure I am not missing anything.)

Next question:  Is there a place that explains some of the auxiliary type controls (like the small apparently lateral steering control on the fishing trawler in the first mission about the fishing grounds).  Perusing other ships seem to indicate some other controls like these.

Next:  On ships and boats that have two throttle/steering controls (like the people ferry in the above scenario), the impression is that you can click between them to keep both throttles at even power.  But I can't seem to get that to work.  What am I missing?  Also, would there be two sets of keys that control them separately... would make using them for steering easier I think.)  BTW, I'll learn the names of the boats and such... but I only loaded it up last night and put about 2-3 hours running the sim.

Last question (for now anyway)... on the start screen is a "Download" button.  When I click on it I get a 'you have to register the software at the forum' type message.  How do I do that?  (Obviously I got signed up, and since I've played the game I have the key to launch it.  So what am I missing?  Does that part work?

As I said, just got the game.  Very impressed with what I see so far.  Haven't been able to get enough water on the freighter crew to stop them throwing drums overboard... did manage to put a hole in GreenPeace  (or took on water from their 'gun') tho...  ::)   I'll get the small craft under control and stop them. 

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance.
If God wanted man to have fiberglass boats, he would have created fiberglass trees.

vin_sun

• Global Moderator
Re: A few of 'noob' questions....
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 07:26:07 »

Hello Robert,

Welcome to the Forum.

Yes, you have to register your LEGAL copy of SSE here in the Forum first. To do that, click on 'Profile' in the yellow menu bar on top. In the page that opens, scroll down a bit and you will see a box for 'License key registration'. Enter the License key in the space provided and hit Register.

We will answer all your questions once your registration is complete. Actually, if you search around you will find manuals in the PDF format.

Regards
vin_sun
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 07:30:28 by vin_sun »
Land was created to provide a place for boats to visit.

robert952

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2012, 17:36:19 »

Thanks vin_sun.

As a said, noob items.

I did miss the sticky on the registration.  Sorry 'bout that.  Registered now. 

I'll look around a bit and see if I find answers.

Any help mean time will always be appreciated. 

(I'm going to search to see if it is 'legal' to also load on my desktop.  Since I want to run the sims at home, too.) 

« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 17:39:52 by robert952 »
If God wanted man to have fiberglass boats, he would have created fiberglass trees.

jim.smith

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2012, 18:26:32 »

Hi Robert.As far as I know you can only install on  one PC at a time.
Regards Jim.

vin_sun

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2012, 21:13:27 »

Just got a copy of Ship Sim Extremes...  
Thank you for registering your copy of SSE

Couple of noob type (I am sure) questions.  Is there a way to play this without an internet connection?  A lot of time when I am traveling on business, 'net connections are so iffy.  (I think I know the answer - No.  But want to make sure I am not missing anything.)
You don't need an internet connection to play SSE. You can do so offline. It's only when you want to join 'multiplayer' that you need to be connected to the Net

Next question:  Is there a place that explains some of the auxiliary type controls (like the small apparently lateral steering control on the fishing trawler in the first mission about the fishing grounds).  Perusing other ships seem to indicate some other controls like these.
I have attached some PDFs for you which will help you to some extent.To get a hang of the controls take the vessel into an open sea area in Free Roam and try out all the controls to your heart's content. You will understand them better.

Next:  On ships and boats that have two throttle/steering controls (like the people ferry in the above scenario), the impression is that you can click between them to keep both throttles at even power.  But I can't seem to get that to work.  What am I missing?  Also, would there be two sets of keys that control them separately... would make using them for steering easier I think.)  BTW, I'll learn the names of the boats and such... but I only loaded it up last night and put about 2-3 hours running the sim.
You should be able to use the mouse to move those levers together. Use the keyboard too. See the attached files.

Last question (for now anyway)... on the start screen is a "Download" button.  When I click on it I get a 'you have to register the software at the forum' type message.  How do I do that?  (Obviously I got signed up, and since I've played the game I have the key to launch it.  So what am I missing?  Does that part work?
Guess that's not a problem anymore since you have registered your copy of SSE. The 'Download' will open a whole world of custom missions and it is all for free. If you have SSE Collection then you have all the ships/boats in the game and every downloaded mission can be played. If you just have SSE, then you will have to purchase the DLC (Download content) otherwise some custom missions will be rendered useless.

As I said, just got the game.  Very impressed with what I see so far.  Haven't been able to get enough water on the freighter crew to stop them throwing drums overboard... did manage to put a hole in GreenPeace  (or took on water from their 'gun') tho...  ::)   I'll get the small craft under control and stop them.  
There's a whole new world there and the many missions will keep you occupied for long. Just keep trying out all types of vessels and you will learn by trial and error too.

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance.
You're welcome. Have fun and happy sailing
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 21:15:48 by vin_sun »
Land was created to provide a place for boats to visit.

robert952

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 01:45:03 »

vin_sun: Thank you for the detailed answers and the attachments!

I'll look through them and I am sure they will prove useful just based on the titles!

I look forward to delving more into the simulation.  (And probably posting a few more questions.)

TJK

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 07:59:38 »

Last question (for now anyway)... on the start screen is a "Download" button.  When I click on it I get a 'you have to register the software at the forum' type message.  How do I do that?  (Obviously I got signed up, and since I've played the game I have the key to launch it.  So what am I missing?  Does that part work?
Guess that's not a problem anymore since you have registered your copy of SSE. The 'Download' will open a whole world of custom missions and it is all for free. If you have SSE Collection then you have all the ships/boats in the game and every downloaded mission can be played. If you just have SSE, then you will have to purchase the DLC (Download content) otherwise some custom missions will be rendered useless.

Hi robert952

joust to add to that vin-sun said
you can still have a problem with this if you have the steam version, you most add the game key and the steam key into you forum profile to get it to work
Regards
TJK/Tore
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines