Hello Guest September 29, 2024, 06:29:03 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW SHIP SIM  (Read 4637 times)

craig3558

• Forum member
NEW SHIP SIM
« on: August 05, 2012, 22:08:05 »

Does anyone know if Vstep are planning or creating a new version either this year or next?  It seems the right amount of time if you look at the earlier releases?

Rbsanford

• Forum member
Re: NEW SHIP SIM
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 22:12:27 »

No, they said that SSE will be the last in the series, but there will be more DLCs and patches.
Today's weather:

http://www.lsmma.com/webcam/webcam_st.html

Not to sound cliched, but what a long, strange, trip it's been.

craig3558

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 22:18:47 »

I hope thats a promise, more maps etc

MokMok

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 18:27:05 »

@RbSansford:

No, they said that SSE will be the last in the series, but there will be more DLCs and patches.

I think that Vstep has cut in their fingers by releasing Ship Simulator Extremes 2010 too early. Because there was no time for fixing bugs and performance issues that hampered the early versions of SSE 2010. That could be the reason why Vstep won't release any new versions of Ship Simulator in the future.

While Vehicle Simulator which used to be Virtual Sailor and Micrsoft Flight Simulator have longer track records of newer versions.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 18:29:05 by MokMok »

sydmichel

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 18:55:25 »

Have you got a reference for that? I couldn't find one in 'Announcements and FAQ'
We're all buddies in boats

Rbsanford

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 21:09:00 »

It was not announced officially, a moderator explained it in another topic.
Today's weather:

Captain Kingsbury

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 00:44:27 »

Hopefully there will be a new series  ;)

spitman

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2012, 02:36:14 »

I'd much rather see a new Ship Simulator from Vstep.  Is it because the engine isn't compatible with multiple cores?  

I guess I'll have to check out River Simulator 2012 by Astragon when it comes out this month, it's similar to Ship Simulator.

rjwhyte09

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2012, 02:50:49 »

ahh what no future games, don't tell is Ship Sim be dead like Virtual Sailor Dead :doh:
VIRTUAL SHIPS & VIRTUAL SHIP LINES

> http://virtualshipsandvirtualshiplines.weebly.com/

Second Mate

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2012, 12:48:36 »

they (the vee-steppers) would need to release new software every now and then if they want their game to compete with the rest................  otherwise sse is a slowly dying game.... 
imagine you are like in 2035 playing silent hunter say  26  with water coming out of your speakers and spare torpedoes under the table in your highly advanced kitchen with cook-robot wife while there is still sse from 2010 with 50 far-from-correct titanic-alikes, 589 ferries, 114 low-poly freighters, no shadows and no reflection of objects on water..   

regards Jet  / Jack
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 12:50:33 by Second Mate »

Bottman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2012, 13:14:38 »

...would be a great, historic-style, old-fashioned, pre-high-end-simulation game!  :thumbs: ;)
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!
Look at www.elbdampfer-hamburg.de

Second Mate

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2012, 18:44:07 »

Sounds like the Ports Of Calls to me before they went 3d...   anyone still plays those?

Captain Jack

SHIPPY67

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2012, 04:24:11 »

At least its a nice end to the series... :'(

MokMok

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2012, 17:48:18 »

I hope that we will still be able to (Multi)play ShipSim even after 20 years.

Rbsanford

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2012, 19:48:01 »

Of course! ;D The thing is is that the servers might be empty.
Today's weather:

Bottman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2012, 20:23:41 »

...as nowadays - most of them. :'(
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!
Look at www.elbdampfer-hamburg.de

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2012, 12:59:51 »

ahh what no future games, don't tell is Ship Sim be dead like Virtual Sailor Dead :doh:
Well virtual sailor sucked from the beginning.
My New Favorite Ship Is The Zilver :D
2000  "Virtual - Safety Training & Education Platform"
This Game Is Epic

sonarman

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2012, 09:18:14 »

@RbSansford:

I think that Vstep has cut in their fingers by releasing Ship Simulator Extremes 2010 too early. Because there was no time for fixing bugs and performance issues that hampered the early versions of SSE 2010. That could be the reason why Vstep won't release any new versions of Ship Simulator in the future.

Agree 100% and now we are paying the price for their incompetence by getting no future new Ship Sim releases. Exactly the same thing that happened in the Silent Hunter series, at least Ubi has finally decided to try again although in a completely different direction with the F2P Silent Hunter Online.

These companies need to build on what their core userbase tell them they want rather than adding the features that they think will sell the game or "broaden the audience" and they need to ship games that are as close to 100% complete as possible unlike the disgracefully incomplete off-course bugfests that both SS Extremes and Silent Hunter 5 turned out to be on release. Both of these companies have virtually killed their own fairly lucrative franchises and left a gaping hole in the maritime/naval simulation market. 

I love Jelly Otter :)

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2012, 10:08:58 »

Agree 100% and now we are paying the price for their incompetence by getting no future new Ship Sim releases. Exactly the same thing that happened in the Silent Hunter series, at least Ubi has finally decided to try again although in a completely different direction with the F2P Silent Hunter Online.

These companies need to build on what their core userbase tell them they want rather than adding the features that they think will sell the game or "broaden the audience" and they need to ship games that are as close to 100% complete as possible unlike the disgracefully incomplete off-course bugfests that both SS Extremes and Silent Hunter 5 turned out to be on release. Both of these companies have virtually killed their own fairly lucrative franchises and left a gaping hole in the maritime/naval simulation market. 

Couldn't agree more!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines