Hello Guest September 20, 2024, 17:48:08 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Future patches after the SSE Collector's Edition release.  (Read 3042 times)

MokMok

• Forum member

Will future patches of SSE 2010 be released even after the release of the SSE 2010 Collector's Edition?

larsdehaan

Re: Future patches after the SSE Collector's Edition release.
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 17:41:32 »

Why not? I'm not entirely sure the community can awnser such questions though, its up to V-step

sydmichel

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 13:18:58 »

If you ask me it looks as though with the release of Collectors Edition, VSTEP are drawing a line under Ship Simulator Extremes and have pushed out collectors edition not only as a 'swan song' but to see if there is any added value to be squeezed out of it.

This is only my humble opinion and would love to be proved wrong.
We're all buddies in boats

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 15:11:37 »

If you ask me it looks as though with the release of Collectors Edition, VSTEP are drawing a line under Ship Simulator Extremes and have pushed out collectors edition not only as a 'swan song' but to see if there is any added value to be squeezed out of it.

This is only my humble opinion and would love to be proved wrong.

I have to say that you are, in fact, completely wrong in your assumption. I can say no more that that for obvious reasons.

Angus.
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

Gernot1971

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 15:48:37 »

Ironic Button on:

Ah, VStep have a big secret. The game must have a little dramatic storyline.

But if VStep write the book "Thrills in Shipsim" with too much chapters, the time comes and the dont find any consumer for their book.  ;)

Ironic Button off.
Grüße aus / Best regards from

ac_freeman

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 20:22:27 »

Why the secrecy Traddles? The Railworks guys always like to gives us some teasers as to what is coming in the future, go on .......give us something to look forward to  ;)

sydmichel

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2012, 11:29:09 »

Why the secrecy Traddles? The Railworks guys always like to gives us some teasers as to what is coming in the future, go on .......give us something to look forward to  ;)

Probably a 3 line whip.
We're all buddies in boats

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2012, 12:28:59 »

Just basic respect for an agreement with VSTEP. Known as common decency. :doh: :angel:
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

TDuprey

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2012, 07:29:21 »

How about a solid Patch for this whole darn game!VSTEP can take all the little extras and boats from this and add them to Shipsim2008 and everything would be just fine!I'm not a happy camper....or should I say Captain!

zilverenmist

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2012, 00:22:34 »

Personally I believe we have to forget Vstep.
Their site has become very professional: http://www.vstep.nl/
I recall from the past that Vstep was not supposed to make "games".
I do believe there are still people working on Extremes.
Why?
I send a mail from the www.shipsim.com site, and it stated that they would answer in 3 days.
This is over a week ago, and (still) no reply.
My question was simple, "if I have a budget what do I buy better, 3ds max or quest 3D. I would like to have a chance to build ships for SS2008, for I believe this is still a very popular sim, and my terms are no cure no pay basis."
A simple yes or no, and a simple best buy one of both mentioned.

Same as telling SSE is not that well made, it need to much power, seem to be a no no.
I think Vstep is bound to professional equipment and software, and the only way to do what they do now, (see the site) could not be done without the money made with the sales of the Simulator series.

I do not mind Vstep not answering my mail, I do however not like to be spammed with more than 6 mails in past week to buy the whole pack. I do have that pack for I preordered including Sagita and a bonus for Green Peace. Next bought all add-ons ferry pack Doga Winner Oceana, so there is no need for me to buy this "special edition"
I do however have my doubts about Paradox, who is now more or less in charge of the game, but that give no support at all, except to promote to buy.

I hope there will be future continuation and support for SS2008 and SSE.
I like both Simulators very much but they should be supported better than  it is now.

Just basic respect for an agreement with VSTEP. Known as common decency. :doh: :angel:

I agree, but dislike the idea that the sims where a mean to only raise funds for a professional commercial company that probably would not have survived without the game. I think Vstep has to keep in mind that it are the ship simulator fanatics like myself and many many others tht helped them.

Anyway I enjoy SSE as much as all the other sims. I hope Vstep uses its brain and give the forum moderators more information.

last but not least, I wish more people tried the SSE Demo first before buying.
Recently I read more and more that people buy SSE and it finally can not run on their computer.
It gives Vstep as long as they remain in silence a bad name.
And there is hardly any support to guide "the sim & PC dummies".
It is why I made a Tube SSE vs VSF try before you buy or are going to have an anoying experience
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI4grz7k0Mo&list=UUkmqG_dYwAb_8-KAGXmEn3A&index=1&feature=plcp if you buy without checking your PC and video hardware to meet requirements.

Specially at night I like to sneek into Dover harbour with my pleasure cruiser on the multiplayer server 11.

And for the answer on topic "Future patches after the SSE Collector's Edition release."
Well I gamble that it will become deserted and obsolete as SS2006, only big issues will be dealth with (patched).
And it will be for sale for years to come. And in ten years maybe everyone has a computer big enough to play SSE :)
I am aware of the fact that I am a little sinical.
I do believe good support is part of a good game.
This is why SS2006, SS2008 and SSE do not get more than a 7 on a scale from 1 to 10, and VSF a 8+.

MokMok

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2012, 07:55:55 »

I don't know why Vehicle Sim runs better than SSE. Does the VS have a much more efficient programmed game engine than SSE does?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 08:00:14 by MokMok »

dexter7

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2012, 12:01:34 »

Is it bad that I have a good computer, but... Well, I don't want to get vstep angry... :angel:
My PC specs:
AMD Phenom II X4 965 (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
600W Power Supply
MSI N760 TF IV OC
8GB or RAM
Acer X213W ~ Cyberpower PC Gamer Ultra 2097 Desktop PC
Favorite games: Ship Simulators, MS Flight Sims, Railworks 3,

zilverenmist

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2012, 13:19:51 »

I don't know why Vehicle Sim runs better than SSE. Does the VS have a much more efficient programmed game engine than SSE does?
Looks and feels like it.
SSE is a bit like windows vista, once you get to know the flaws it is workable.
Is it bad that I have a good computer, but... Well, I don't want to get vstep angry... :angel:
That is the last thing I want to do...
But to be honest sometimes I think Vstep acts like North Korea, we do what we want and you have to like it, or we kill you :)
On the other hand, from Twitter I read last message of Pjotr Schothorst december 10 2011 just before an  medical operation. Terry Russel (SS2008) past away... It start to look like the real old Vstep founders and co founders are slipping away.
I am kind of forgiving, in fact I still have high hopes that Shipsim gets back on track, not as Vstep, but as Shipsim.

Well there are good computers and real GOOD computers. Many people make the mistake to listen to sales persons who thell them "this is an intel core i7 with bla bla mucho ram, the best for games", they do not lie, but do also not tell the truth!

Most i7 pc's with problems playing SSE have: shared video memory, low display memory and just about the minimum requirements to play SSE. and it is said on the shipsim facebook page, if you play SSE with minimum rquirements, it will run very poor.

I play in a panel like this:

screensettings ingame 1200x(...) my screen is 1920 x 1080 It is just enough to play the game in a decent way.
on full screen it becomes a fast photogallery :)

paulusfiret

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2012, 07:51:26 »

Hello Forum members,
I have given the past several comments to the status of the present shipsim;
Yes- many improvements has been made and are still being made.
Yes- there are still a few bugs in the game.

But: I didn't see much forum support to my main complains, like: Still no wind-current effects in the shipSIMULATOR.
As long as this has not been implemented, we should not talk about a shipsimulator; This is misleading!!

Developers should therefore less listen to all the cries for more sailing areas and more passengerships; (Of course I know this is a commercial issue), but concentrate first -and for all- to finalise these missing major subjects;
So, why not taking one environment -and being a Dutch company- take the Rotterdam Harbour to start with- and make this a complete- and perfect scenario; This should includes (at least) the wind/current effects- but also the shore based navigation lights- and the correct position of all the bouys- the bollards, etc.
With this all implemented you will be for the first time being considered as a SIMULATOR and not anymore as just another -better- shipsailing game.

Having completed this task, the developers should follow with a objective inventory of all vessels; To me it is still a big shame to have, as Dutch developer, only one German Voith-Schneider tug in the Rotterdam harbour, where we had with the previous sim versions, at least four different tugs available. (You don't need to repeat earlier given replies about third parties, etc.; We paid-up some supporting money which is now wasted).

Please take care;
Paulus Firet. Singapore.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines