Hello Guest April 28, 2024, 00:04:44 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WARNING:Mission editor chart in 2008  (Read 2417 times)

hansgutana

• Forum member
WARNING:Mission editor chart in 2008
« on: June 19, 2012, 10:59:47 »

Hello shipsim,during one day,i spotted a topic that the author of the topic said once his Titanic was stranded in a shallow area in the solent.so i warn you that there are no depth informations on the M.E.'s chart/map.You should know where are the shallow areas specially when you have a ship/boat that needs very deep water.You may have clues,but it's hard if you don't know if the depth in that area is too shallow for the ship you want to place. :captain: You can doom the CMM's when you upload a mission that your ship is stranded and no tugs to use for emergency,not just waypoints.EXAMPLE:You put the VLCC Latitude in a shallow area of Rotterdam,There is  lot of chance your mission will be rejected,and a Very very little chance they still will accept it.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
Re: WARNING:Mission editor chart in 2008
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 11:13:43 »

If a mission builder cares to look CAREFULLY at the charts he/she will see colours in the areas covered by water! Where the water is shown as white you can safely place ANY ship in the game, if the water is pale blue you shold be more careful, darker blue is really very shallow and green means the tide will uncover the bottom at low water. It is really quite clear if you care to look properly. In Southampton water the main channel is marked by buoys, so all that is needed is to place your ship in the channel. :doh: The previous message is therefore quite irrelevant. Careful study of the following information is well worth it.

http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,2886.msg28895.html#msg28895

Traddles.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 11:45:57 by Traddles »
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

hansgutana

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 11:19:45 »

Okay,so that topic i spotted the author didn't look carefully at the pale blue to dark blue sides.(Should have docked in a deeper place :doh:) I would like to tell you a time that i was stranded with Titanic"I tried to turn 45 degrees full,but i still ran aground the beach of Hamburg,Tried to reverse the engines after i ran aground,the ship could not move.It was in free roaming mode so no one can help me." :-\ :(

hansgutana

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2012, 11:28:05 »

In Southampton water the main channel is marked by buoys, so all that is needed is to place your ship in the channel. :doh: The previous message is therefore quite irrelevant.

Traddles.

Okay just to tell you,there seems to be a co-incidence.Why? in the Rotterdam environment,(not the real rotterdam)The green buoy is at the left.the red buoy is at the right. :doh: so i use that as my guide not just for the depths,but the turning sign. The Port light of a ship is red right? i'd turn to port if that's what it says. :doh:

hansgutana

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2012, 11:29:09 »

I mean i'd turn to starboard.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2012, 11:58:10 »

Okay just to tell you,there seems to be a co-incidence.Why? in the Rotterdam environment,(not the real rotterdam)The green buoy is at the left.the red buoy is at the right. :doh: so i use that as my guide not just for the depths,but the turning sign. The Port light of a ship is red right? i'd turn to port if that's what it says. :doh:

Which way were you sailing? If going with the flood tide the green buoys are on the right (Starboard side) of the channel. If going with the ebb they are on the other side. This is in IALA area "A". In Area "B" the colours are reversed.

http://www.seagoinghk.org/ClassThree/IALA/IALA_Bouyage.pdf
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 12:05:55 by Traddles »
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

hansgutana

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 10:06:59 »

Which way were you sailing? If going with the flood tide the green buoys are on the right (Starboard side) of the channel. If going with the ebb they are on the other side. This is in IALA area "A". In Area "B" the colours are reversed.

http://www.seagoinghk.org/ClassThree/IALA/IALA_Bouyage.pdf
Near the farther side of the Niewe Waterweg.And almost near the exit/entrance.(in P.O.R.) :captain:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines