Hello Guest April 26, 2024, 08:54:45 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: thoughts on SSE  (Read 4883 times)

adamp89

• Forum member
thoughts on SSE
« on: April 23, 2012, 17:05:37 »

i'm thinking of buying this game, and upon reading reviews on other websites, was wondering what the general opinion was on here as you've all played it

Gernot1971

• Forum member
Re: thoughts on SSE
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 10:03:17 »

Hi,

i bought the game 10/2011. I have fun to play it, but i play it only in MP-Sessions. I played Shipsim 2006/2008 not online. This game has, after a few updates, some bugs at present, for example you have no chance to moor your Ship in MP, because there are no bollards in the MP Game. On MP-Servers are everytime the same weather conditions, i dont know why Vstep cant change it 2 times a week. If you want to buy the game in another store and not form the Vstep / shipsim.com store, the game is cheaper but you will become a Steam Version. I dont know if you have experience with Steam. I have the Steam version. Steam will update the game automatic and you must buy all Shipsim Addons from Steam then. With the Steam version, your ships dont make waves in the Harbour, outside the Harbour the ship make waves.

I like this game, but only for MP-Session, i have no fun to paly it offline, For Offline I'll find other games makes more fun. I have no problem with steam, a good think for me is, that i can see which from my MP Friends are online, or they can see if i play and come than to an MP-Session. I havent regret that i bought this game.

Sorry for my bad english, i hope you understand my position to the game.  ;)
Grüße aus / Best regards from

adamp89

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2012, 17:28:51 »

only problem i can see is that i don't want to trust steam (had no experianece) and vstep only take euros and us dollars - i live in the uk

MokMok

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2012, 18:30:58 »

And if Steam would cease to exist, what would be the consequences for those who bought Steam versions of Shipsim?

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 18:31:44 »

Hi
You can buy direct from V-Step with credit card no problem it will automatically
convert the money .
                                                                                   Eric

PCS

• Forum member

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 14:06:52 »

But then you end up with the STEAM version...

Gernot1971

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 14:20:11 »

And if Steam would cease to exist, what would be the consequences for those who bought Steam versions of Shipsim?

If that will be, the Steam Users, like me, becomes problems. Then i have no chance to become new patches. But I'll think, Vstep give us a last Patch after the 1.5 and then in a few month come a new Shipsim. So the risk, that steam go down in this time is not so high.  ;) I dont know if i can play MP-Sessions without Steam, but i know i can play the game offline.

And if Steam would cease to exist, i wait for the new Shipsim and then i'll go back to MP-Sessions. And i have only Shipsim-Extreme in the Steam version.  ;D

PCS

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2012, 14:21:39 »

You may be right, but I always thought Steam purchases were downloads from Steam.

I purchased the boxed item, and it has no association with Steam.

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2012, 14:23:51 »

I got the boxed version from Amazon... and I got STEAM with it...

Gernot1971

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2012, 14:29:47 »

I got the boxed version form Amazon Germany, and i got STEAM with it too.

adamp89

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2012, 17:27:07 »

thats my point, i don't really know anything about steam  :)
also, if vstep follow their pattern, (SS06, SS08, SSE - 2 years separating them) then a new ship sim should be due this year sometime

Bottman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2012, 18:00:11 »

Guess not, since there is a lot of potential in the current version, which should be capitalized first. SSE was completely new, whereas SS06 and SS08 and SS08 Platinum has been an advancement.
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!
Look at www.elbdampfer-hamburg.de

Gernot1971

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2012, 16:35:19 »

Guess not, since there is a lot of potential in the current version, which should be capitalized first. SSE was completely new, whereas SS06 and SS08 and SS08 Platinum has been an advancement.

Hope Vstep will give us the potantial of the SSE sometimes. Bollards in MP will be fine, changing weather conditions for MP too and many more  ;D

adamp89

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2012, 18:22:24 »

from what people are saying, Vstep arn't using Shipsim to it's full potential at the moment, and the bollards, their one thing that annoys me in free roam in ss08

Gernot1971

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2012, 18:56:09 »

Bottman say that the SSE have a lot of potintial.  ;) And i hope for Bollards, its not fine to moor a ship without Bollards. So you must press the ship with the thruster and the engine to the pier and thats not realy realistic. And the day will come (I hope so  :angel:), if one person from Vstep drink one coffee less a morning and change the weather condition on the Servers two times a week.  ;D

Bottman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2012, 20:47:00 »

All your wishes are possibly on a list at VSTEP. Maybe the developers will inform us about their upcoming steps?!
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!
Look at www.elbdampfer-hamburg.de

Gernot1971

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2012, 20:50:56 »

Ok, then i am very hopefull, that the list will not become too much dust  :evil: and the developers give us an information this year.  ;D

Sorry for the ironic    ;)

adamp89

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2012, 17:09:13 »

ok ,adding all these points together, i'm finding that sse should be a good game, although at the moment it is not perfect

Gernot1971

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2012, 17:19:11 »

ok ,adding all these points together, i'm finding that sse should be a good game, although at the moment it is not perfect

Thats right, the game makes a lot of fun. Ok, i play it only in MP and that since 10/2011 for over 350 hours (steam list my time i play it  :doh:) If we have luck, Vstep will bring us sometimes patches and we can use more the potential of the game. I will be eager what they bring us in future.

(Hmpf, i my next life, i will be learn english better, sometimes i am like the SSE, have more potential but i  cant use it :angel:)

adamp89

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2012, 17:28:10 »

perhaps i should learn your language, or buy SSE

clanky

• Forum member
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2012, 17:32:21 »

(Hmpf, i my next life, i will be learn english better, sometimes i am like the SSE, have more potential but i  cant use it :angel:)

Germot, your speak (well type) English a whole lot better than most non-Germans on here could manage in German, keep practising!

Gernot1971

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2012, 17:35:11 »

Thanks a lot , clanky   :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines