Hello Guest April 29, 2024, 17:13:37 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: When I first tried to make an account..  (Read 1540 times)

datshark

• Forum member
When I first tried to make an account..
« on: February 24, 2012, 01:24:57 »

.. it wasn't activated by an administrator, so I couldn't activate my DLC keys and therefore couldn't use the DLC I paid for in game. This account magically works and doesn't require administrator approval, but I don't use the email tied to this account while I do use the email tied to my other account.

I want the email tied to the account 'rbr8299' tied to this account instead, but I don't want to post my email for privacy reasons. Even simply closing the account 'rbr8299' would suffice because I can't even log in with that account, and thus can't change the email the account uses to a dummy email so I can tie the email tied to 'rbr8299' to this account.

Thanks for your help. I'm sure I can get this sorted out.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 02:27:54 by datshark »

datshark

• Forum member
Re: When I first tried to make an account..
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 00:14:51 »

The only place I'm going to be able to get help is here, because I never got a response from a support ticket I opened with V-STEP about the account I originally created never being activated by an administrator.

I have every right to expect support.

vin_sun

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 10:00:49 »

Hello Datshark,

Welcome to the Forum.

First and foremost, please register your legal copy of SSE in your Profile in this Forum.

I will refer these posts to the Administrator.

Regards
vin_sun
Land was created to provide a place for boats to visit.

datshark

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2012, 14:25:38 »

Alright I registered my game and DLC keys to this account.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2012, 18:48:09 »

Hi datshark,
I have checked the members list and there is no account there in the name of "rbr8299". I do not understand what you mean by your account not being activated by an administrator? There is no need for an account to be activated by anyone. However, if you have tried to open two accounts using the same activation code from your game I am not surprised that you are having problems. Only one account per game is allowed. If you could be a little more clear in your explanation it would be a great help.

Regards,
Traddles.
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

datshark

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2012, 19:48:17 »

After searching my email I realize now that the account I originally made was 'Stegosaurus'. The account name 'rbr8299' is usually my go-to username so I just assumed it was what I had used. I had a head injury about a year ago so my memory often fails me.

The problem was when I made the account, 'Stegosaurus', every time I tried to log in on the forums here with it it took me to a screen which said, "Your account is still awaiting admin approval." I couldn't even access my account settings in order to change my email or delete the account to try registering again. The email I used on that account, which I want to use on this is account, is brogers9001@gmail.com.

Hopefully this makes the issue more clear, and I apologize for my mistake regarding username I chose. Thank you for your time and help.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 19:59:22 »

You are registered under the name "Stegosaurus" with an account you opened on 21st January this year. If you want to use the name "datshark" you must delete the account with the name Stegosaurus and also any of the licence codes you registered under that name. Once you have done that you should find that this account works properly for you and you can re-enter your licence codes in this account too. If you are unable to do this, as it would seem to be the case, then please send a personal message to Mad Fred the Administrator of the forum  explaining your problem and I feel sure he will be able to sort this out for you.
I only hope that I could have been more helpful, we do try our best!

Regards,
Traddles.
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

datshark

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2012, 20:46:02 »

I never registered any keys because I could never log in to the account completely, which is the problem and the reason this is beyond my control.

I'll PM the admin sometime later today with a link to this thread as I think there's adequate information in my posts here for him to solve the problem. Thanks for the help again, and also the quick responses.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines