Hello Guest March 29, 2024, 13:26:01 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: compass east mark two times?  (Read 2292 times)

n9mfk9

• Forum member
compass east mark two times?
« on: February 11, 2012, 21:01:41 »

Hi all,
If you go to the pilot campaign
an pick the first 1 on the compass
east is marked 2 times
is there a way to fix this ?
thanks
Beau

vin_sun

• Global Moderator
Re: compass east mark two times?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2012, 21:12:16 »

Hello Beau,

That is NOT another 'E' next to East. It is just coincidental and the 'other E' you are referring to is the wind direction. It also represents the strength of the wind. See image below which should offer an explanation.

Regards
vin_sun
Land was created to provide a place for boats to visit.

wiqvist

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2012, 22:30:37 »

But why is it there when wind is not simulated?

And I think it is a big part missing in a maritime simulator, that wind is not simulated. When it is one of the most important external element a captain of a ship have to be very aware of. But I for sure understand that it would take a long time for Vstep to create a complete 'Weather add on'.

I would gladly have bought a weather add on for this program. If Vstep had open up their game for other's to create add on too, I think they would have sold more copies of the game also. It was when I saw how good the add on's were for Microsofts flightsimulator X(FSX) I bought the game. It is of cource impossible for Vstep to create the same amount of add on's by them self. With FSX so do I think I have bought add on's for more than 1000 Euro, and I would gladly have used that amount on SSE if it had been possible.

Sorry wiqvist, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
If you cannot show respect, and keep acting like a troll, then you're not allowed to po

mvsmith

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 06:09:56 »

Hi n9mfk9,

Vinod is correct—what may look like an E is the wind flag.
But wiqvist is wrong about wind not being simulated. The effect of wind is simulated in two respects:
The wind moves the weather—the clouds—across the environment and plays an important part in the dynamic weather system.
The wind direction determines the direction the sea runs, which in turn affects the course-holding.
Wind in SSE does not act directly on the ship, however.

You can find out more about the wind in SSE by downloading the Mission Editor Notes from here:
http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,19793.0.html

Regards,
Marty

wiqvist

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2012, 22:14:54 »

But wiqvist is wrong about wind not being simulated. The effect of wind is simulated in two respects:
The wind moves the weather—the clouds—across the environment and plays an important part in the dynamic weather system.
The wind direction determines the direction the sea runs, which in turn affects the course-holding.
Wind in SSE does not act directly on the ship, however.

Sorry, my misstake, I forgot about this two. But Mvsmit, I am sure that you are intelligent enough to understand what I ment. That wind is not simulated as something which affect the simulated ship. And this game is ment to be a shipsimulator game, not a weather simulator game, hehe. And I still think it is a great miss that wind is not simulated as an element as affect the boat/ship.

The weather generator in the game is an okay generator, not the best and not the most bad one, just an okay one, with okay clouds and water, same with that, it is good but not the best and not worst. And I would gladly pay as much as I have to fix the weater in FSX. But such add on's can not Vstep creat by them self, it should take all to long time, but there is companies who are spesilist in creating add on's, one example is Justflight.com, which also creat add on's for Trainsimualtor, and I am sure if Vstep open the game many add on creators would start to creat add on's for SSE, which should make the game as the fantastic product it has capasity to become, but it will never happen as it is today. And naiv as I am so will I have a small, small hope that it one day will happen(even if the chanses are small). Therefor have I not sold the game, only deleted it from the computer becasuse as how the game is now, I find it boring.

Sorry wiqvist, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
If you cannot show respect, and keep acting like a troll, then you're not allowed to po

VirtualSkipper

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 22:35:57 »

Actually, wind is simulated in SSE, because of you would be in a port, and set the wind in Hurricane mode, you can clearly see that it moves with the wind (or the waterstream).
"There is a plaque laid next to the remnants of the Titanic which reads, "Only Chuck Norris is unsinkable"
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines