Hello Guest April 18, 2024, 06:37:43 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Allure Of Ship Simulator  (Read 956 times)

DaveCenker

• Forum member
Allure Of Ship Simulator
« on: January 23, 2012, 01:13:38 »

I was wondering what everyone finds most interesting or appealing about the concept of a ship simulator.  I am a private pilot in real life and have been deep into flight simulation as well as train simulation in the past.  In the past, I have always been drawn to simulators in order to recreate realistic operations in each regime (flight, rail, etc).  I have to admit that I am a complete novice when it comes to understanding maritime rules.

I am sure that there are specific rules to be followed when operating any vessel and was wondering whether (a) anyone attempts to simulate these within ship simulator and (b) whether there are any good sources of information online for these rules.

Given these rules, are there ways within the missions to "enforce" these rules and/or assign a rating based upon how well you adhere to the rules, or is it a free-for-all?

I appreciate comments from everyone involved as this is a new environment for me.  However, it is one that has sparked an interest that I would like to explore further.

Thanks,
Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines