Hello Guest April 26, 2024, 23:42:14 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Resolved] Why do you need registration to get to part of forum?  (Read 2813 times)

CaptJR

• Forum member

It just seems that so many times when I'm reading something that I really want to know about it says "moved". Then when I try to go to where it is moved to, I can't get there. This is very stupid. It's not like there are any secrets there. It is not like anything there is going to prevent me from buying this game as soon as I can get it done.

There is NO (good enough) reason for this.

JR

(no, I didn't search the forum to see if this was already covered, part of my little protest for this.)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 18:47:17 by [RWP]DJM »

SSNick

• Forum member
Re: Why do you need registration to get to part of forum?
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 16:39:26 »

WOW,one thing this,This tobic should be move to small talk.

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 16:42:13 »

If you have the game then enter your key. They're moved because they're in the wrong board. Simple. Good excuse.

SSNick

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 17:45:35 »

It just seems that so many times when I'm reading something that I really want to know about it says "moved". Then when I try to go to where it is moved to, I can't get there. This is very stupid. It's not like there are any secrets there. It is not like anything there is going to prevent me from buying this game as soon as I can get it done.

There is NO (good enough) reason for this.

JR

(no, I didn't search the forum to see if this was already covered, part of my little protest for this.)

Yea,You must own that one Ship Simulator game,To get  in to special areas in the fourm

CaptJR

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2007, 18:01:26 »

If you have the game then enter your key. They're moved because they're in the wrong board. Simple. Good excuse.

LOL, you missed the point. Of course I understand why they are moved to a more appropriate part of the board.

What I'm asking is why I have to own the game to go to those areas???? What is it that they don't want me to see if I don't have the game yet??

JR

mvsmith

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2007, 18:20:59 »

It’s to prevent people who steal the game from benefiting from the efforts of those who have bought it.

CaptJR

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2007, 18:40:06 »

It’s to prevent people who steal the game from benefiting from the efforts of those who have bought it.

oh,

I said 'LOL' above but this reply isn't funny. That is certainly a good enough reason. I guess I just don't think about that kind of thing and I don't understand dishonest people.

My apology, If any of the moderators would like to delete this topic you will get no complaint from me.

CaptJR

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2007, 18:46:56 »

My apology, If any of the moderators would like to delete this topic you will get no complaint from me.

CaptJR

Hiya CaptJR :)

No reason to delete the topic, it's a valid question after all :)

Regards.

DJM.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

cargohauler

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2007, 18:48:11 »

LOL, you missed the point. Of course I understand why they are moved to a more appropriate part of the board.

What I'm asking is why I have to own the game to go to those areas???? What is it that they don't want me to see if I don't have the game yet??

JR

Topics that are moved to a certain section for a certain game which you do not have, would not apply to you then.

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
Re: [Resolved] Why do you need registration to get to part of forum?
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2007, 20:05:18 »

Greetings,
I agree with you Carl,it is a very good topic afther all.I also understand the guy who started this.
I also hope that he understand our vision to.In some way we help to protect this game for abuse.Now this guy can all the time ask his question by PM,to one of the mods.Maybe he wants to know something more information,before he(maybe) wants to buy the game.
Well i think by this way,we can be helpfull for him.
I have to tell,that this closed area's on the board,is realy needed.Remember our first forum!!
Regards
Marc
N
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines