Hello Guest April 25, 2024, 23:10:22 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bad manners on the forum.  (Read 5049 times)

Stuart2007

• Forum member
Re: Bad manners on the forum.
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2012, 22:24:02 »

Zilverenmest,

With your public apology to Marty you have just gone up in my estimation- and I'm sure others will agree. I respect you for that.
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

clanky

• Forum member
Re: Bad manners on the forum.
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2012, 11:51:04 »

I have been biting my tongue on this for a while, but hey ho....

[rant]
One of the issues which really gets on my nerves is people using put downs to others as what appears to be an application for a moderators job.

I'm not going to mention any names, but the joke thread in particular was bad for this, when it went from a non-moderator deciding what was and wasn't within the rules to the same person (and others) deciding what was and wasn't acceptable based on whether or not they found the joke funny and one post in particular which got up my nose where someone posted a particularly rude post aimed at a young forum member simply because they failed to understand what was in fact a pretty funny joke.

So at the risk of sounding like I'm doing exactly what I'm saying shouldn't happen - leave the moderating to the moderators, if someone posts something which offends you then report it, if someone posts something which doesn't offend you, but which you think might possibly offend someone else then ignore it and leave the someone else to be offended by it.
[/rant]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines