Hello Guest April 27, 2024, 01:33:14 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: AutoPilot? How do I.... ?  (Read 6878 times)

Captain Kevin

• Forum member
AutoPilot? How do I.... ?
« on: December 08, 2011, 00:43:01 »

Ahoy!

I am interested in the AutoPillot, but, after looking through the Options and setting the key Controls, I did not see a thing about setting a key for AutoPilot?  And after looking through as many of the other messages about AutoPilot, I never saw any message that said what you need to do on your keyboard to start the AutoPilot, so... How do I start AutoPilot?

You'd think this game would have a little more explanation about some of these things in the manual, as well as in control settings...

Thganks in advance for an answer to my question/topic,

Captain Kevin :captain:

dexter7

• Forum member
Re: AutoPilot? How do I.... ?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 01:29:06 »

Got to the full map while sailing, then in the bottom right there should be a small window. The first button is to place a waypoint. The second button is to delete a waypoint. The third button is to activate/deactivate Auto pilot. The fourth button is to completey remove all the waypoints a turn off Auto pilot. The slider on top is to adjust the speed your vessel goes while in auto pilot.
Dexter :)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 12:57:53 by dexter7 »
My PC specs:
AMD Phenom II X4 965 (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
600W Power Supply
MSI N760 TF IV OC
8GB or RAM
Acer X213W ~ Cyberpower PC Gamer Ultra 2097 Desktop PC
Favorite games: Ship Simulators, MS Flight Sims, Railworks 3,

vin_sun

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 05:42:50 »

Hello Capt. Kevin,

Long back, I had assisted a member with his Auto Pilot query. Please follow the link below, which explains the concept of how auto pilot works in SSE.

http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,23818.msg314976.html#msg314976

Regards
vin_sun
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011, 05:47:19 by vin_sun »
Land was created to provide a place for boats to visit.

mvsmith

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 14:07:01 »

Hi Kevin,

“Autopilot”, as used in Extremes, is often miss-interpreted to mean something that is switched on to hold the ship on a constant heading. It is not.
The autopilot in SSE is nearly the same thing as AI—AI ships do not follow tracks as they did in SS2008, but find their way to a single goal while avoiding land, shallow water, and other obstacles. A player ship running under autopilot is, effectively, an AI ship moving toward a predefined goal.

As vin_sun’s reference points out, that goal, or series of goals, is established in the full-screen chart. There are certain restrictions concerning engaging the autopilot under conditions where it might be dangerous. You cannot remain in autopilot mode if you leave the full-screen chart.

It is possible to ride an AI ship under autopilot as a passenger—I once posted an example that allows you to ride Cutter under autopilot (AI) from near the Isle of Wight up to Southampton. It is done by boarding a Player ship and then having the player ship converted to an AI ship with a single goal at Southampton.
The Mission Editor Notes explain how to do that.

Regards,
Marty
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 16:57:27 by mvsmith »

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 14:20:24 »

Well there is no need for auto pilot because if you do not turn the wheel it goes strait.
My New Favorite Ship Is The Zilver :D
2000  "Virtual - Safety Training & Education Platform"
This Game Is Epic

mvsmith

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 16:51:06 »

Well there is no need for auto pilot because if you do not turn the wheel it goes strait.

Not true. Depending upon the ship and the sea state, a running sea can cause the ship to fall off its course.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines