Hello Guest September 20, 2024, 00:59:35 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stuck in Rotterdam  (Read 1770 times)

CJ

• Forum member
Stuck in Rotterdam
« on: September 27, 2007, 09:59:35 »

I'm stuck in Rotterdam with the two tugs and the inland tanker. The Sherpa is waiting patiently for me to arrive and everthing was going fine until I passed the Erasmusbrug. A little green circle between two yachts suggested to me that that was the right way to go. As my first tug entered the circle, I got the message to moor between the yachts. No problem, but what did they want moored? the leading tug? the tanker (which by the way will only allow mooring lines to be attached to the tugs)? So I moor the leading tug and get the message to get the tanker between the yachts.

I manage to get the tanker between the yachts. There is still a red circle showing on the chart although the green one is ticked. No other green circles appear on the map. So... what have I done wrong? Have I moored the tug to the wrong bollard? Have I left something out? Should I have done something first? Can anyone help.  :)

Working with two tugs is quite fun - once you get the hang of it.  8)

Traddles

• Global Moderator
Re: Stuck in Rotterdam
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 10:27:28 »

Hello CJ,
You have to take the inland tanker alongside "Sherpa" FIRST, than follow the instructions to moor the tanker, THEN proceed to the way point and moor the two tugs when that job is completed.
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 11:04:06 »

With the greatest of respect to those who made the missions, I do agree that on occasions the instructions are vague. For example, when you are supposed to transfer from ships or region, sometimes it doesn't make it clear if you have to do it or it does it automatically.

Maybe a language issue?

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

CJ

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 18:34:55 »

Ok, I think I've solved the problem. The mission objectives for each of the tugs is different. The towing tug only deals with the yachts, whereas the the other tug (attached to the oiler) shows the other objectives. This tug is really only providing extra power, so most of the time you are working with the towing tug and missing most of the icons on the chart.

While discovering this, I wasn't concentrating fully on the game and caused a container ship to veer to starboard and almost collide with Erasmusbrug.  :o It then seemed to have an AI memory lapse (container alzheimers?), turned around and sailed straight into Veerhaven ending up imbedded in the wharf.   ::)

I wonder if I will lose my licence from this!  :-[
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines