Hello Guest April 28, 2024, 05:20:32 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2008 License Key  (Read 12640 times)

Trooper63

• Forum member
2008 License Key
« on: September 27, 2007, 07:16:45 »

Hey guys,

I have 2006 and used that for Forum registration.  I bought 2008 as a Download and was running it successfully, however after Patch 1.1 it is asking for my License Key.  I have searched and I can't locate it.  I tryed the link on FAQs, but it says error on page.  I have not enetered my license key into the forum for 2008.

What is the most appropriate way to obtain my license key for my legal copy of 2008 (Download version)?
Sean
Master IV + MED1
Water Police Officer

groennegaard

• Global Moderator
Re: 2008 License Key
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 07:36:49 »

Hi Trooper63 :)

Have you tried this?
http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,2097.0.html

Regards
groennegaard

Captain Kool

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 07:48:03 »

Or check your e-mail...?

Trooper63

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 20:22:15 »

Thanks guys,

Option One: I have tried that link but every time it says 'An error on page', which I believe is because I did not enter my License Key onto the forum as I already had done so with 2006.

Option Two: Checked my email.  Nothing that I can say relates to Ship Simulator 2008.

Please help...........
Sean
Master IV + MED1
Water Police Officer

Trooper63

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007, 20:32:24 »

Thanks Guys,

Just realised that it is recorded under 'My Orders' on the Ship Simulator Shop.

All good and working now.  ::)
Sean
Master IV + MED1
Water Police Officer

groennegaard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2007, 20:34:02 »

Great! :)

groennegaard

Hellotaxi

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2007, 20:31:45 »

I have no idea what I'm doing, but I sincerely hope that this problem will be forwarded to the correct entity.

I purchased the 2008 ship simulator a few weeks back.  I was informed about a free update, which i downloaded and installed.  The program asked me for the activation code.  I entered the one i got with the initial purchase, but it didn't work.  Please help!!

For the record, getting this question before you has been a freaking nightmare!  I'm still unsure what it is I'm doing, and I fail to understand why I had to jump through all these idiotic hoops to ask a simple question??  It has taken me over an hour to make this happen!!!!

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2007, 20:39:03 »

I have no idea what I'm doing, but I sincerely hope that this problem will be forwarded to the correct entity.

I purchased the 2008 ship simulator a few weeks back.  I was informed about a free update, which i downloaded and installed.  The program asked me for the activation code.  I entered the one i got with the initial purchase, but it didn't work.  Please help!!

For the record, getting this question before you has been a freaking nightmare!  I'm still unsure what it is I'm doing, and I fail to understand why I had to jump through all these idiotic hoops to ask a simple question??  It has taken me over an hour to make this happen!!!!

Hiya :)

Sorry, but I'm not sure which hoops you're referring to.  Have you tried registering your licence key into your forum profile?  Also, what message do you get when trying to enter your key into your game?

If all else fails, you can send your licence key to a Moderator and we can get it checked for you :)

Regards.

DJM.
RNIB - Supporting Blind & Partially Sighted People.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

Hellotaxi

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2007, 20:20:48 »

I'll try this one more time.  I downloaded the update fro the 2008 ship simulator and installed it.  It asked for a registration key.  I entered the one given me when I made the initial purchase.  it did not work.  Now I can't use the program I spent MAJOR BUCKS for.

What is so damned difficult to understand?  Please tell me how to fix this problem!!!!

I am not a happy camper.  I have a straightforward question that needs an answer.  I AM NOT interested in being in a forum, I am NOT pleased about having to take this circuitous route to get a SIMPLE PROBLEM FIXED!!  I has take me a couple of hours of my time just to ASK A QUESTION!!!!

Is this some sort of plot to discourage people from fixing the software they spent major money on?

Please submit this to customer service and e mail me an answer!

I have neither the time or patience to play this game!  Help me fix this!!

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2007, 21:40:27 »

I fully understand what you are saying, I also offered some suggestions for you.  I have no idea about this plot you're referring to, but a little patience may allow us to help you :)

If you prefer not to use the forum for assistance, may I suggest that you contact Vstep for assistance.  You can email them at info@shipsim.com

Regards.

DJM.

I am no longer a member of the Moderation team, so please send any messages about licence key issues to a currently active member of the team.  Thank you.

sirdogbert1

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2007, 22:40:07 »

everdently offering a download option was not the wisest thing for them to do as it would appear that it has not been properly tested  ::) (in my opinion). At least u got ur's working , iv'e been debited and recieved nothing not even the download or code. (hopeing to get it soon).
i wasn't for this idea of downloading and not recieving a cd + cd code but thought i would enbrace and give it ago, somthing i won't be doing in a hurry again.
just one question, in the main website under contact us it says that there only there mon-fri and takes 2 days for a response is that e-mail address the same?

mvsmith

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2007, 00:09:55 »

DJM,
I’m glad I’m not a moderator; you guys work too hard and catch too much flak.
Also, as representatives for VSTEP you have to be polite. I’m not sure I could handle that.
After all these years of occasional long distance trouble shooting—sometimes halfway around the globe, via RTT—it still amazes me how people are not able to answer simple questions about what is happening, and refuse to even try your suggestions.

And, there are the tantrums, as in my last go-round with the peerage.
You’ve got my respect and admiration for the even-handed way you handle it.
Marty

And you do it even though VSTEP keeps you in the dark about their nefarious plot. ;D

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2007, 07:41:22 »

DJM,
Also, as representatives for VSTEP you have to be polite. I’m not sure I could handle that.
After all these years of occasional long distance trouble shooting—sometimes halfway around the globe, via RTT—it still amazes me how people are not able to answer simple questions about what is happening, and refuse to even try your suggestions.

Marty

Thanks Marty, that's very nice of you to say so, we do try our best of course :)

Notice the dleiberate edit of the nefarious plot bit ;D

everdently offering a download option was not the wisest thing for them to do as it would appear that it has not been properly tested  ::) (in my opinion). At least u got ur's working , iv'e been debited and recieved nothing not even the download or code. (hopeing to get it soon).
i wasn't for this idea of downloading and not recieving a cd + cd code but thought i would enbrace and give it ago, somthing i won't be doing in a hurry again.
just one question, in the main website under contact us it says that there only there mon-fri and takes 2 days for a response is that e-mail address the same?

Firstly, there have been very few incidents where a download link hasn't been received, and these are usually due to spam filters :)

Can I just ask, have you logged into your BT webmail to check for 'Bulk Mail'?  BT automatically apply filters to your mail and unless you disable them, they can stop you receiving mail from trusted sources ;)

http://home.bt.yahoo.com/

The email addresses on the 'Contact Us' page may vary depending on what kind of issue you are having :)

Regards.

DJM.

sirdogbert1

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2007, 09:24:00 »

DJM,

Marty

And you do it even though VSTEP keeps you in the dark about their nefarious plot. ;D

i actually agree with this for [RWP]DJM as he has been as helpful as can be but there are at least 2 admin and several mods that haven't said anything (maybe they didn't get a chance ay,lol). looks like your on here all the time helping people, full credit espectilly with inpatient sods like me  ;D.
nah i have checked everything everywhere, i haven't recieved anything. think it went a little wrong after the payment bit. just have to wait for an admin to come on and have a more indepth look.

p.s. i tried everything he suggested. just unfortuantly didn't work.
p.s.s. plot thats a good one, if anything computers must be ploting as it is them that usually go wrong. computer error, not plot. understand ur frustration though.

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2007, 09:30:54 »

Yes DJM is always polite and patient. One question DJM, has your hair gone white recenty?  :D

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2007, 09:32:42 »

I have neither the time or patience to play this game!  Help me fix this!!

Has that been typed wrong? Me being curious. Why did you buy it if you don't have the patience to play it ???

I'm pleased to say that my download worked a dream. :) Just the odd one goes wrong.

sirdogbert1

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2007, 09:35:24 »

:-[ me got duff one :'( lol ::). i just gutted cos i can't play, sounds and looks like a great game.

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2007, 11:05:19 »

i actually agree with this for [RWP]DJM as he has been as helpful as can be but there are at least 2 admin and several mods that haven't said anything (maybe they didn't get a chance ay,lol). looks like your on here all the time helping people, full credit espectilly with inpatient sods like me  ;D.
nah i have checked everything everywhere, i haven't recieved anything. think it went a little wrong after the payment bit. just have to wait for an admin to come on and have a more indepth look.

p.s. i tried everything he suggested. just unfortuantly didn't work.
p.s.s. plot thats a good one, if anything computers must be ploting as it is them that usually go wrong. computer error, not plot. understand ur frustration though.

Thanks for the compliment and the update :)

I wish I could do more to help you out with this, but unfortunately, I can't :-[

Yes DJM is always polite and patient. One question DJM, has your hair gone white recenty?  :D

LOL, I may check the mirror later in the week ;)

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2007, 14:57:22 »

DJM,
More polite than I would have been, I can tell you.

Stu
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Wout

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2007, 21:51:46 »

Hellotaxi has been using an illegal version of the game and has been banned. Nothing wrong with VStep support except they don't work in weekends ;)
Wout

mvsmith

« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2007, 04:32:16 »

It’s ironic, but no longer surprising, that those who yell loudest for what they have a right to expect turn out to have no rights at all. It’s sometimes called chutzpa and many other things in other languages.
To do it justice in English would deplete DJM’s stash of red asterisks.

[RWP]DJM

• Forum member
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2007, 08:00:19 »

To do it justice in English would deplete DJM’s stash of red asterisks.

LOL, no prizes for guessing what that post would say eh ;)

rnshier

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2007, 19:52:59 »

Hi Everyone,
I am having the same issue, I installed the game with the provided license key.

The game worked fine, I then installed the v1.1 update, when asked for the
the license key, I used the same one that came with the game, clicked OK,
got the response that it was an incorrect number, know the game wont work at all.

I guess I will un-install the re-install the v1.0 without the update until someone
can come up with an answer as to why the same license key wont work for both
the v1.0 and the v1.1 update.

Please, can anyone come up with the answer.

groennegaard

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2007, 19:55:35 »

Hi rnshier :)

May I ask where you have bought your game?

Regards
groennegaard

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2007, 20:19:15 »

The license key DOES work for both v1.0 and v1.1, it just doesn't work with an illegal copy, that might be your problem.  ::)

But maybe I am wrong, in which case you must have registered to the forum with your license key, right? If not, that might be a good first step to get this one solved.

Fred

*Edit * I reckon I wasn't imagining that smell then..  smells like..  a.. uhm.. particular type of ...roadent.   ;D

« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 12:12:32 by Mad_Fred »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines