Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 18:45:52 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rainbow Warrior lll sets sail  (Read 4017 times)

• Forum member
Rainbow Warrior lll sets sail
« on: October 14, 2011, 21:43:26 »

The Rainbow Warrior sets sail to replace the Rainbow Warrior ll.

http://www.greenpeace.org/international/en/news/features/A-new-Rainbow-Warrior-sets-sail/
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 21:45:15 by 2000 »
My New Favorite Ship Is The Zilver :D
2000  "Virtual - Safety Training & Education Platform"
This Game Is Epic

dexter7

• Forum member
Re: Rainbow Warrior lll sets sail
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 21:54:02 »

Yay! I wonder who won the Vstep contest... (the one if you buy the donation edition of Extremes)
My PC specs:
AMD Phenom II X4 965 (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
600W Power Supply
MSI N760 TF IV OC
8GB or RAM
Acer X213W ~ Cyberpower PC Gamer Ultra 2097 Desktop PC
Favorite games: Ship Simulators, MS Flight Sims, Railworks 3,

Rbsanford

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 00:02:47 »

Yay! I wonder who won the Vstep contest... (the one if you buy the donation edition of Extremes)

i did! ;D

jk. ime just as curius
Today's weather:

http://www.lsmma.com/webcam/webcam_st.html

Not to sound cliched, but what a long, strange, trip it's been.

Simos31

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 09:15:32 »

God bless the waters under it's hull! :2thumbs:

larsdehaan

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 11:49:30 »

If you’re one of the 100,000 donors who bought a bolt, an action boat, an anchor, a chart, a soap dish, a piece of her sail or the whole of her wheelhouse, thank you and obrigado. If you’re one of our 3 million regular annual donors, merci bien and Xie Xie! If you’re one of our 17 million email or mobile subscribers, Facebook fans or Twitter followers, gracias and shukran.  If you’re one of our 14,000 volunteers, danke schön and kinanâskomitinawaw.
no credit for the people who bought the donation edition tough!

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 18:38:18 »

I don't like greenpeace. It seems all they do is go and hunt polar bears and stick plastic shopping bags over their heads.
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

dexter7

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 19:20:33 »

Yeah Stu, you have a point there. All they do is er, (I don't want to insult Greenpeace) SSCS actually intervenes and fights the Whalers, Fishers, polluters, etc, etc, etc.
My PC specs:
AMD Phenom II X4 965 (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
600W Power Supply
MSI N760 TF IV OC
8GB or RAM
Acer X213W ~ Cyberpower PC Gamer Ultra 2097 Desktop PC
Favorite games: Ship Simulators, MS Flight Sims, Railworks 3,

Rbsanford

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2011, 20:21:06 »

I don't like greenpeace. It seems all they do is go and hunt polar bears and stick plastic shopping bags over their heads.

greenpeace hunts polar bears? i thot they wer for the environment! >:(
Today's weather:

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2011, 21:10:33 »

Yeah Stu, you have a point there. All they do is er, (I don't want to insult Greenpeace) SSCS actually intervenes and fights the Whalers, Fishers, polluters, etc, etc, etc.

greenpeace hunts polar bears? i thot they wer for the environment! >:(

For such an advanced Country that it seems has access to everything, I'm surprised America hasn't yet started importing sarcasm and irony- or at least the means to manufacture and translate it.
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2011, 13:26:40 »

Thets get back to topic before this topic is locked.  :-\
My New Favorite Ship Is The Zilver :D
2000  "Virtual - Safety Training & Education Platform"
This Game Is Epic

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2011, 14:10:37 »

Thets get back to topic before this topic is locked.  :-\

Oh come on- no one is starting a fight are they? Just harmless banter between forum members. I shan't hold fellow forum members naivety and lack of understanding against them.

:angel:

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2011, 14:48:34 »

Found a rather nice video of her construction, which gives you some idea how large she is..
 (note there is no III behind her name)   :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhuSpD81FOQ

floatboat

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2011, 02:42:25 »

I noticed her hull looks a bit darker green than she did in the game  :doh:

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2011, 04:09:05 »

I noticed her hull looks a bit darker green than she did in the game  :doh:

I think it's time for  an update on the one in the game to what is "meant" to look like, you guy's agree right?? I mean compare that one with the one from the game, clearly needs to be tweaked in a couple of places

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Rbsanford

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2011, 23:06:31 »

i gess now that in the next patch theyll hav to alter SSEs RW3 to match the real one.
Today's weather:

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2011, 06:11:37 »

They'd otta start hiring more people. It's like that move Poseidon this Sim, the sim was only partially completed so it can be sold but now a tidal wave of this and that's swept it up

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2011, 06:25:00 »

I think it's time for  an update on the one in the game to what is "meant" to look like, you guy's agree right?? I mean compare that one with the one from the game, clearly needs to be tweaked in a couple of places

Well seeing how the ingame model was made using the design plans for the actual ship, it was "meant" to look like the one in the game, one could argue.. so alternatively maybe they should refit it to resemble the game model because they didnt stick to the original plans. ::)  :P

Or maybe it's just not that important.. not all "real" vessels in the game 100% resemble their actual counterpart.

Why not have them focus on what's really important, there's plenty of things that outweight cosmetics like that, that I can think of. 

As for the hiring.. well if you're paying for it, I am sure they'd love to expand their staff.  ;)

Fred.

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2011, 13:59:26 »

This a really facilitating though, what differs this Simulator from any other. Oter simulators are wide open about their development, they have tons of add-ons. Not to mention are the detail and how they managed to make them work. This is tottaly the opposite of that, I don't understand any of this

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Rbsanford

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2011, 15:47:53 »

Well seeing how the ingame model was made using the design plans for the actual ship, it was "meant" to look like the one in the game, one could argue.. so alternatively maybe they should refit it to resemble the game model because they didnt stick to the original plans. ::)  :P

Or maybe it's just not that important.. not all "real" vessels in the game 100% resemble their actual counterpart.

Why not have them focus on what's really important, there's plenty of things that outweight cosmetics like that, that I can think of. 

As for the hiring.. well if you're paying for it, I am sure they'd love to expand their staff.  ;)

Fred.

so ure saying that since our RWIII is differant so they hav to alter the real one?
Today's weather:

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2011, 23:18:46 »

This a really facilitating though, what differs this Simulator from any other. Oter simulators are wide open about their development, they have tons of add-ons. Not to mention are the detail and how they managed to make them work. This is tottaly the opposite of that, I don't understand any of this

How many sims have you played? Cause quite frankly, I have been playing computer games since games are around, and have just about every serious (and many not so serious) simulation game ever made in my game-cabinet and you are very far from the truth with this statement. Sure there are those that do it better, and also those that do it worse and it's perhaps different in terms of addons/detail/performance for some. I have some that have many many bugs and have no patches for them and no feedback from the devs at all. A few along  the way I haven't even ever managed to get running at all. And there are those that have NO addons at all, not even official ones either...  so what you make it sound like is simply not so, you just haven't seen enough of them I reckon.  :P  ;)

so ure saying that since our RWIII is differant so they hav to alter the real one?

Nah that was a joke actually.  :)

Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines