Hello Guest April 25, 2024, 17:20:10 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why is it so graphic heavy?  (Read 3170 times)

Captain Jake

• Forum member
Why is it so graphic heavy?
« on: October 14, 2011, 20:52:26 »

Hi! I haven't been around for a while but I had a question I meant to ask a while back.
--
Why is extremes so heavy on graphic cards? I have a GeForce 9500gt, it's not the best but I can run GTA IV, Need For Speed Shift, Black Ops and many more games with a lot more in them than extremes, I can also record at 30/40fps with fraps! But extremes just puts my FPS down to 10 and lower, why is this? A game engine?

:)
Ich bin ein PHP-Entwickler
Captain Jake's Fan Forum

dexter7

• Forum member
Re: Why is it so graphic heavy?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 21:10:28 »

SSE requires a Nvidia GPU that has a score of at least 966 or a Radeon card with a score of at least 1,334. Your card has a score of 351. I hate to say you need a new card
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, Dexter :(
My PC specs:
AMD Phenom II X4 965 (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
600W Power Supply
MSI N760 TF IV OC
8GB or RAM
Acer X213W ~ Cyberpower PC Gamer Ultra 2097 Desktop PC
Favorite games: Ship Simulators, MS Flight Sims, Railworks 3,

Captain Jake

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 21:36:25 »

I know that, I found out in a thread I make before :( I wish I could run it, but it seems a little stupid to make this game like this, games much bigger can run on a lot less
Captain Jake's Fan Forum

dexter7

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 21:51:14 »

You are right... I personally have this problem too, but I have suckish integrated graphics. I personally think Vstep should make it so the game can run on computers that aren't as good... 
My PC specs:
600W Power Supply
MSI N760 TF IV OC
8GB or RAM
Favorite games: Ship Simulators, MS Flight Sims, Railworks 3,

sydmichel

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 22:31:09 »

I personally think Vstep should make it so the game can run on computers that aren't as good... 

Conversley, they should build in the option for those who have forlked out for a half decent computer to have all the things that they are told they cant have because they are ´processor hungry´ for example, More AI vessels, more detailed scenery, Upper deck lights/lights from scuttles, more ship walkthoughs and the Titanic (only joking, that would be going too far).

Although the above is a bit tongue-in-cheek, VSteps ´One size fits all´ approach leaves half of us complaining that our FPS is too low and the other half complaining that our super duper PC is not fulfilling its potential.
We're all buddies in boats

Subwolf

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2011, 23:57:24 »

I guess I'm lucky. Because I run the game on a GT230, which shouldn't be possible. But it runs well, fps fine. But my card has dedicated memory of 1,5GB which helps a lot. I think a lack there and this game will create trouble for any video card.

DeSoothen

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2011, 23:59:06 »

If you think about the 'Video Settings' in the options menu of most modern PC games, the settings for 'Water' and 'Reflections' usually come with a warning that they are very GPU intensive. Well, this game is all about realistic looking water so it stands to reason one will need 1 upper end card (GTX 570) or better, or 2 midrange cards (GTX 460 or GTX 9800). It's probably a good idea to also have a low end card to put into the PHYSX slot. All of these are Nvidia cards. I have no experience with ATI.

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2011, 05:48:54 »

If you think about the 'Video Settings' in the options menu of most modern PC games, the settings for 'Water' and 'Reflections' usually come with a warning that they are very GPU intensive. Well, this game is all about realistic looking water so it stands to reason one will need 1 upper end card (GTX 570) or better, or 2 midrange cards (GTX 460 or GTX 9800). It's probably a good idea to also have a low end card to put into the PHYSX slot. All of these are Nvidia cards. I have no experience with ATI.

ATI cards are new to me, since about a year ago when I got the computer. I know that my 5700 HD will not run GTA IV and will not show the water. But most other games make it through, a very familiar thing here, upgrade moore  :-X

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

MokMok

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2011, 11:22:22 »

SSE is playable with an Nvidia 9400 GT videocard and the game's graphics quality settings set to as low as possible, the framerates are about 17 FPS. But when playing in busy MP-environments like Dover the FPS will drop to 7 or 8.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 11:38:36 by MokMok »

VirtualSkipper

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2011, 13:15:25 »

You do have a good video card, Captain Jake.
Maybe you could consider of cleaning your PC? For me that fixed a lot of problems because my PC was very slow but after a good cleanup, it was a supercomputer again!  :thumbs:
"There is a plaque laid next to the remnants of the Titanic which reads, "Only Chuck Norris is unsinkable"

Captain Jake

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2011, 15:47:56 »

You do have a good video card, Captain Jake.
Maybe you could consider of cleaning your PC? For me that fixed a lot of problems because my PC was very slow but after a good cleanup, it was a supercomputer again!  :thumbs:

I've tried everything :( It was the first game I attempted to install when I got my new PC, and it's not a bad one either. Quad core, 3ghz (6ghz Rated), geforce 9500 1gb, but SSE just won't take it :(
Captain Jake's Fan Forum

MokMok

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2011, 07:19:33 »

You can also use GameBooster for freeing up the main memory before playing SSE. Unnecessary backgroundprocesses take away CPU-power and main memory.

dexter7

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2011, 11:50:40 »

I tried Game Booster, It does nothing.
My PC specs:
600W Power Supply
MSI N760 TF IV OC
8GB or RAM