Hello Guest April 18, 2024, 17:13:14 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Vermaas and Latitude  (Read 14204 times)

ACR

• Forum member
Vermaas and Latitude
« on: September 25, 2007, 01:49:33 »

hi!

does anybody know what these ships stand for? all other simulated vessels seem to be "real" respective truly existing. but i cannot find nor a container vessel "veermaas" neither a vlcc "latitude". as a big fan of the sim i searched the net for these ships but like said i cannot find anything about this.

thanks for any info!

SSNick

• Forum member
Re: Vermaas and Latitude
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 01:54:57 »

I dont think the ships are real names or companies,why,i dont think you not supposed to show other company names without permission from them to advertise or show there real names.

Agent|Austin

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 05:05:52 »

I know that "Vermaas" is the last name of one of the researchers for VSTEP devlopers.

Subwolf

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 08:50:31 »

I dont think the ships are real names or companies,why,i dont think you not supposed to show other company names without permission from them to advertise or show there real names.

True, they need permission for that. I believe Vstep signed a deal with Red Funnel and P&O before they could use their logos and names.

Captain Kool

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 09:38:23 »

I think the 'ADF' Vermass ship is the container ship 'MSC'

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 11:05:07 »

hi!

The large tanker vlcc stands for Very Large Crude Carrier, maybe that helps also

The containership is spelled Vermaas, also it has the capital letter ADF, that may stand for something. My guess is that every ship in ship sim 08 has to be real and has to come from somewere around the world.

Good day.

Quote error removed - groennegaard
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 19:13:16 by groennegaard »

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

ACR

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007, 01:35:22 »

thanks many for the input!. i looked at the veermass and it looks that there is no real ship of these dimensions. real ships with 46meters width are longer than 314 meters (the latest generations of the postpanamax megacarriers, ships in the 300 meter range are not this thick.

wolfpack

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2007, 20:56:33 »

Vermaas this is container ship which are build in Korea shipyard SAMSUNG near town PUSAN for all companys  CMA CGM, MSC, HATSU, and others, max capac of containers 8200 teu. ;D

LucAtC

• Ship Simulator Developer
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2007, 23:55:59 »

Hello,
There is a big pdf list of container ships to be found on the internet.
The first time the length of Vermaas was published, it had a Loa of 336.60m and Lpp 314m if my memory is good. Well, I noted it in an Excel sheet, with a draft of 15.00m and a power of 68520kW.
In the list one can find such ships of 338.20m and a beam of 45,60m, after having searched for "45,60" in the list (comma, no dot).
Also, the name is derived from a ship designer (I think) famous for his achievements, also credited by VStep.
Regards,
Luc

wolfpack

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2007, 21:04:28 »

Good evening,

Pls just find few pictures from my side regarding ships mast reality.On the mother container ship vermaas main mast on the bridge is too small ) this kind and size of mast will be good for some fishing ship, but for container ship must be more massive with two radars antena one for S band big and one X band small.

;D ;D

ACR

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2007, 21:10:12 »

thanks very much again for the superb input on my older question. i also studied the list, but like mentioned before, there seeems not a single vessel in the world with 45.60 beam and 314 meters loa.

looking at the model in the sim you have 19 containers from side to side, this would wuggest really the new mega postpanamax series with 45.60 m beam, but then it is to short :-)

best regards

Tavares Junior

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2007, 08:43:24 »

Hello Folks,
As we say in Brazil ( Olá turma )

Just one day after visit this good topic I had seen a picture of one of the China Shipping Vessel's and she remember me the VERMAAS a little different, but she remember me!

I had add the photo from the XAN YAN TAI
and also a small container plan with logitudional view of another vessel which call the small port of São Francisco do Sul in Brazil.

About the LATITUDE she looks a bit closer to the NOCK MOIR but she's much bigger.

Off couser we all have to agree the maneuverability of those two vessels and really closer to the real particulars of vessel's closer to then.

I'm trying to find someone close to LATITUDE and will post asap.

Cheers
Tavares Jr
** Open Sea - Radar observer - SMCP - GPS / Chart Plotters / Certifyed yatch Master

lipslide100

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2007, 13:24:09 »

cool i think it exist but vermaas is not english:d :D ;D
hey peace man love shipsim ever,don't bother!!
if you walk a lonely road the only one that you ever known.ITS home to you!!

mvsmith

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2007, 14:30:44 »

Why not just ask Jasper what ship he based the design on?

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2008, 11:40:53 »

i WAS wondering, verramas and the vlcc have the same sign "NO SMOKING''.OK so was the part of the ship itself or was it put there because it need it a bit of detail, i was wondering if it could be removes and either leave it blank for add a few windows instead on both VLCC/VERRAMAS? So whats you opinion on this?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 09:41:15 by Third Mate »

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

dannyman1995

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2008, 18:55:22 »

VLCC Stands For VeryLargeCrudeCarrier

Person264

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2008, 19:11:50 »

hi!

The large tanker vlcc stands for Very Large Crude Carrier, maybe that helps also

The containership is spelled Vermaas, also it has the capital letter ADF, that may stand for something. My guess is that every ship in ship sim 08 has to be real and has to come from somewere around the world.

Good day.

Quote error removed - groennegaard

That was already said above, quite a while ago. I don't think bumping a topic to say something that has already been said 3 months ago is allowed

Nathan|C

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2008, 19:18:15 »

ADF - A play with the name of "MSC" Med Shipping Company, definetly based on one of their ships (Forgot the [edit by Terry - Nathan, mind your languge!] name, i'll find a pic)

VLCC Latitude is a fictional ship based on various VLCC designs.

Terry - Huh!? ^^
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 15:14:33 by Nathan|C »

TerryRussell

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2008, 23:41:43 »

Dannyman, why are you resurrecting a post that died so long ago?  ???
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 15:07:42 by TerryRussell »

Straubinger82

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2008, 15:01:43 »

Oh, realized the age of the topic at the end too.
But I would prefer to read an older topic "revived", than reading a new thread about the same topic with even missing some ideas brought up before.
Just my notasked Opinion.  8)

ToTopic:
Does anybody know an example why this or that company don´t want their brand shown in a "Game"?
I´m sucking on my finger, but there comes no contra to my mind.
Ununderstandable as it is in other Gamegenres. (my biggest dissapointment in GTA for example)
It seems to be something like that; "No! We don´t want to have scratches shown on our Product"?
Thats all I could imagine.. someone got a hand for me°°?

Straubinger82
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 15:07:03 by Straubinger82 »
My System:
Corsair HX520W, AsRock 4CoreDualVsta, Pentium Q6600, Radeon Sapphire x1950pro AGP/512er, OCZ 2GB DDR2 667er im DC, X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty Pro, Teufel Concept-G THX 7.1, HannsG HW223D

My Shipsim:
SS08+NH in Version 1.4.2, Graphics set up to the limit in 1680*1050

Denis

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2008, 15:06:34 »

I believe it has something with what you mentionned Straubinger.

With all the videos players can put online, of sinking ships and so on, that might bother the shipping companies...

It's the same with Flight Simulator for example : In the originial product, without addons, you don't have any real life company livery for the aircrafts (at least in Fs9, I'm not sure about FsX, 'cause I kept my "old" version !)

I don't really see the point here neither, but things are getting crazy, about marketing, image copyright and so on !

Nathan|C

« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2008, 15:07:31 »

Sorry, someone else brought the topic up and i didn't realise it was so old....  :-[

TerryRussell

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2008, 15:09:59 »

Oh, realized the age of the topic at the end too.
But I would prefer to read an older topic "revived", than reading a new thread about the same topic with even missing some ideas brought up before.

Actually, I believe that there are numerous threads where that very set of questions have already been answered.

"Button", "use", "Search", "the" - please re-arrange into a well-known phrase or saying!  ;D

mvsmith

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2008, 15:27:00 »

Terry is correct; this has been hashed out many times. To summarize:
1.   Companies don’t want to see their ships sinking in videos. VSTEP cannot control that stupid behavior by users.
2.   Companies must be very cautious in granting use of trademarks and copyrights lest they lose those rights. That is why, for instance, use of “technicolor” in a lowercased or generic manner can get you a threatening letter from Technicolor’s legal department.

Straubinger82

• Forum member
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2008, 15:30:18 »

Yes, compromiting actions may scare the Managers.
But, c´mon, how silly is that?

My reallife dicisions will surely not be influenced by traumatising scenes I saw in a imaginary full-licenced Ship-Simulator.

Like: "Arg! That company sinks often in MP, hm..., I´m not sure planing my next trip with this Line" (???)

Could it not be more like:
"I love that ship and destination I´m playing often with my MP-Friends. I really want to take this trip in real life. Where can I get Tickets?" ($)

Or maybe:
"Wow, that Cruiseliner really impresses me. Should I plan my next holiday with my whole family on that amazing Ship? Where can I get Tickets?" ($)

Just a few pros..  ;D
But surely wrong adressed I guess.

@TerryRussell:
Damn... tears in the eyes.. :D
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 17:35:09 by Straubinger82 »
My System:
Corsair HX520W, AsRock 4CoreDualVsta, Pentium Q6600, Radeon Sapphire x1950pro AGP/512er, OCZ 2GB DDR2 667er im DC, X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty Pro, Teufel Concept-G THX 7.1, HannsG HW223D

My Shipsim:
SS08+NH in Version 1.4.2, Graphics set up to the limit in 1680*1050
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines