Hello Guest April 25, 2024, 22:37:30 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Update 1.4 - Ships go through the quays  (Read 11863 times)

Apejens

• Forum member
Re: Update 1.4 - Ships go through the quays
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2011, 12:22:43 »

Thanks very much for the clearing-up.

mvsmith

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2011, 12:43:14 »

...Did I prove my point, Angus and Marty?

You did nothing to prove your point.
It was a suggestion from Rbsanford, along with details of a similar experience from Luc, that led us to investigate a totally unexpected change in the behavior of the large-chart autopilot.
You gave absolutely no information on how you got PoR into that situation that would have helped us in our investigation.

Apejens

• Forum member
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2011, 18:42:02 »

You did nothing to prove your point.
It was a suggestion from Rbsanford, along with details of a similar experience from Luc, that led us to investigate a totally unexpected change in the behavior of the large-chart autopilot.
You gave absolutely no information on how you got PoR into that situation that would have helped us in our investigation.

How the **** should I know what caused this? It could just as likely be the chosen view, or the signals being turned off - these problems seem totally random. And I'm no computer expert, either.

I do, however, own a Master Mariner's certificate, and I don't approve of these condescending comments.

If you have to censor yourself, then that language was already off limits to begin with, so please mind how you phrase things. Thanks! - Fred
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 00:15:25 by Mad_Fred »

mvsmith

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2011, 19:19:18 »

I did not expect you to say exactly what caused it, obviously. But you could have said what you did in order in order to put PoR there.
Specifically, you might have mentioned having used the autopilot to approach. You could have described your procedure in docking her.

I’ve spent a few years at sea with Master Mariners from a number of nations—including Norway—and I’m familiar with the arrogance acquired by some. They often do not see the need to explain their actions to anyone.
Fortunately, most who command oceanographic research vessels have lost such attitudes.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2011, 19:25:32 »

Also have a look at my signature!!!! I am no computer expert either, but I do try hard to examine things in order to find what has gone wrong.
Just because my ticket is old like me, it does not make it totally useless!!!!! Nor do I consider myself condescending. :doh:
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 19:32:45 by Traddles »
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

Apejens

• Forum member
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2011, 19:42:52 »

Well, I don't consider myself arrogant, either.
I do take myself VERY seriously - as most Master Mariners :P

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2011, 20:08:56 »

I NEVER take myself seriously, life is far too short, and being old I have to think about that. ::) :P My father, who was for many years a shipmaster, also never took himself seriously either. :doh:
Kind regards,

Angus.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 20:10:30 by Traddles »
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

Apejens

• Forum member
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2011, 20:46:44 »

Not quite sure if my use of irony got through here  ;) ;)

mvsmith

« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2011, 01:29:04 »

I should mention that Angus is not the only Master Mariner among the Moderators.
Unless you have a ShipSimExtremes endorsement on your ticket it won’t get you special status here when it come to the need to cooperate in our efforts to investigate your problems.

Regards,
Marty

Apejens

• Forum member
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2011, 08:16:25 »

I don't feel the need for any special treatment, thank you.
I wish the forum and its users best of luck.

Goodbye.

wiqvist

• Forum member
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2011, 15:53:51 »

I’ve spent a few years at sea with Master Mariners from a number of nations—including Norway—and I’m familiar with the arrogance acquired by some. They often do not see the need to explain their actions to anyone.
Fortunately, most who command oceanographic research vessels have lost such attitudes.

I should have stayed out of this thread, but I can not. I must say it is a shame for a forum about a ship simulator game to have a moderator how judge Master Mariners in that way Mvsmith is doing here.

I do not think this persons mvsmith have met who were arrogance, was that cause they were Master Mariners. Arrogance have nothing to do with working titles. Arrogant persons can be find everywhere and have nothing to do with which work a person have had. And just to make it clear, I am not a Master Mariner or a commander of a research vessel.

And Apejens, I hope you do not leave the forum cause of this, do not let one person have that power over you(hope you got what I mean).

Sorry wiqvist, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
If you cannot show respect, and keep acting like a troll, then you're not allowed to po

dexter7

• Forum member
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2011, 16:07:00 »

For all who has ship going through quays did you use Autopilot?
My PC specs:
AMD Phenom II X4 965 (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
600W Power Supply
MSI N760 TF IV OC
8GB or RAM
Acer X213W ~ Cyberpower PC Gamer Ultra 2097 Desktop PC
Favorite games: Ship Simulators, MS Flight Sims, Railworks 3,

dexter7

• Forum member
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2011, 20:34:04 »

Please Vstep I hope you're working on a patch for this because I was finally starting to like this game!
My PC specs:
AMD Phenom II X4 965 (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
600W Power Supply
MSI N760 TF IV OC
8GB or RAM
Acer X213W ~ Cyberpower PC Gamer Ultra 2097 Desktop PC
Favorite games: Ship Simulators, MS Flight Sims, Railworks 3,

Apejens

• Forum member
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2011, 23:04:38 »

And Apejens, I hope you do not leave the forum cause of this, do not let one person have that power over you(hope you got what I mean).

There is no power involved here. I'm not interested in squabbling with moderators of the forum.
The profile will remain, however silent.

Tinchu

• Forum member
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2011, 16:53:44 »

Keep calm my friends. I`m not a computer expert, either a seaman. I`m only a humble simmer and I`d hope the experts like you; with Master Mariner certificate, advise to us about the handling of ships. Ship Simulator has many lacks, and therefore it can make any prank.

But I miss the piece of advices that people like you can give to us about the maneuvers. Anyone like you to drive this forum in the right way. The futile quarrels are detrimental for us.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines