Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 20:26:27 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Activating Ship Controls  (Read 3293 times)

Lighthouse

• Forum member
Activating Ship Controls
« on: September 23, 2007, 01:10:05 »

Hi again,

Sorry to waste your time, but I've full completed designing a ship in sketchup6 and I wanted to know how do I import ship controls such as the throttles and the steering wheel to my ships bridge and how do I activate them, So that they work in the game. (Note: I think I've dicovered a way to import ships into the game, this is why I'd like to know how to activate the controls so I can see if my theroy works.)

If you guys have anything on how to do any of this it would be GREATLY apprieciated!

Bon Voyage,

Lighhouse
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 01:12:51 by Lighthouse »
The lighthouse, added in the 1820s to aid navigation for vessels using the deep water channels. It is still in use today and plays a central role in the navigational system for ships entering coastal Harbours.

Captain Kool

• Forum member
Re: Activating Ship Controls
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 01:34:57 »

If you're talking about importing the ship into SS08/06 by moving the files into the game, then that will not work. :( If you're talking about **, then I think you can import them, I do not play that particular game.

Thankyou - Cpt K

askemou

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 20:17:25 »

I think the moderaters have said that it is impossible to import new objects to the game ..

Lighthouse

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 00:15:40 »

Hi Captain Kool & Askemou,

Like I said in the first post, I think I've dicovered a way to import ships into the game, It's all trial and error, I've got the software to convert the sketchup files to the required game files, it's just a theroy, it probable won't work, but it's worth a go.

Thanks for the replies,

Bon Voyage,

Lighthouse
The lighthouse, added in the 1820s to aid navigation for vessels using the deep water channels. It is still in use today and plays a central role in the navigational system for ships entering coastal Harbours.

jamesg999

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 19:52:40 »

what is the software?

Lighthouse

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2007, 11:18:55 »

Hi James, What do ya mean by "What is the software?". If ya mean what is the software I am using to import ships, don't bother asking. I tried it again, and again but... I hate to say it...askemou was right. It's impossible to import anything into Ship Simulator, even static objects!

Though I have created a topic on a possiable way to import ship... In the future, not now :)

( http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php/topic,3116.0.html )

Have a say if ya like.

Bon Voyage,

Lighthouse
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines