Hello Guest April 26, 2024, 03:23:40 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: a ship for "shipsinkers"  (Read 2305 times)

wiqvist

• Forum member
a ship for "shipsinkers"
« on: August 17, 2011, 17:33:01 »

I have noticed around here that some like to sink the ship they are sailing, even if I have not realy understood what the funny with that is(but the taste is different, so nothing wrong with that).

So here is a sugestion from me, as the titel of this thread, is it a suggestion of a new ship. A ship for shipsinkers to sail around with:
http://www.amusingplanet.com/2010/04/fantastic-sinking-boat-by-julien.html

(This ships is not sinking, it just looks like it sinking, and I suppose the owner of the shipe do not care if people sink it either, hehe.)

Sorry wiqvist, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
If you cannot show respect, and keep acting like a troll, then you're not allowed to po

clanky

• Forum member
Re: a ship for "shipsinkers"
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 20:02:47 »

meh, just give them Titan....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Smithacus

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 21:47:13 »

Facinating. I like how the dude is just chillin like "it's cool, I'm not sinking." He could also be like "HELP! I'M SINKING" and then when someone gets up to him he can be like "just kidding."

I theorize that the reason most of the people that sink their ships regularly might tie in with the same types that as kids liked to destroy their toys. Most toys I had that broke was from normal wear and tear, but every now and then there was that neighbor kid I'd get playing with and soon my airplanes had missing wings, firetrucks with missing ladders, a ditch digger with no shovel, GI Joes with missing limbs, collection of Transformers that look like a scrap metal heap, and there's a Chuck Norris action figure still Missing In Action in a creek in Kansas since 1989. I don't know if I'll ever recover him now, but maybe an archeological expedition will discover him in a few hundred years. I'm not even going to go into what horrors occur to toys around the 4th of July. Fireworks + toys + kids on sugar high = World War 3.

So, probably there are those that like to end every mission sinking their ship. There are some that do it occasionally, probably as a stress relief. I've intentionally done this a few times when I first got the game just to test the limits, see what happens. But for a game that takes longer to set up and load than other games I've had, I don't like to waste too much of my time on this. I've also done this with flight and train sims. But now I save my destruction for that other ship game.
If you name is not Rosie then stop counting rivets.

Rbsanford

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 23:47:20 »

i don't think that non-sinking ship is a good idea.

it kinda takes the fun out of sinking ships.

oops, not really fun (my bad), but more like what smithacus said; stress releasing. it is a good stress releaser.

another great stress releasor is to switch off damage and too attack ai ships.
Today's weather:

http://www.lsmma.com/webcam/webcam_st.html

Not to sound cliched, but what a long, strange, trip it's been.

Smithacus

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 23:56:28 »

another great stress releasor is to switch off damage and too attack ai ships.

Good point. Is it just me or is the Vermaas a magnet for AI? BTW, AI is a good description for those vessels, as nothing is more artificial in intelligence.
If you name is not Rosie then stop counting rivets.

Rbsanford

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 02:26:14 »

i personally pick on red jet 4 ai ships using a fast ship like arie visser or cartagena delight.

would'nt it be great if there were ai ships in mp? that'd be great!
Today's weather:

http://www.lsmma.com/webcam/webcam_st.html

Not to sound cliched, but what a long, strange, trip it's been.

wiqvist

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 17:58:10 »

Thanks guys for trying to explain what the "fun" in sinking ship is, even if I do not agree so do I now understand it a bit more. But one thing I do not understand, and that is why some post 10 minutes long videos on youtube of ship sinking. Well I can now understand that some like to sink ships, but sitting and look at a you tube video in 10 min when a ship from a game sink. I can also understand if persons like to see realy ships sink, but youtube videos that is over my understanding. Just my thoughts.

As I think most understand so was this thread most posted for fun, the ship will never come in SSE(I hope not), if not a modeller got some time over. And do this "boat" realy exist, if we look at the date when this is posted, the 1 of April(the link I mean)?

Sorry wiqvist, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
If you cannot show respect, and keep acting like a troll, then you're not allowed to po
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines