Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 22:11:06 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: rescuing people in the water  (Read 921 times)

Elgar

• Forum member
rescuing people in the water
« on: August 15, 2011, 14:38:05 »

Hi all

I am new to the sim and enjoy it very much. But i can´t figure out how to rescue people in the water (in some missions). I get there, see them, slow down and all, but they stay in the water. Can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong? thanks a lot

wiqvist

• Forum member
Re: rescuing people in the water
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 15:15:47 »

Hello Elgar!

Wellcome. Well, you shoul stop the ship/boat like a 1-2 may 3 "meters(when it lookslike 2-3 meter), away from the person in the water. Then you in most missions are told to wait (about 10-20 seconds), and then is the persons saved. And the boat have do less than 1 knots speed, the best is of cource to stop completly. And in some mission where you sail a big ship, you have to deploy a smaller boat to pick  him up, and in some you should use the ship you sail with, but that thing you are told in the mission. I hope you understand.

Sorry wiqvist, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
If you cannot show respect, and keep acting like a troll, then you're not allowed to po

mvsmith

Re: rescuing people in the water
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2011, 15:40:24 »

To add to Wyqvist’s good explanation:
The text for the objective should specify how close, at what max speed, and for how long. If not, the mission is faulty.

In addition, text will pop up alongside the objective telling you to get closer, reduce speed, etc.
There is also a countdown timer showing how long you need to wait.
Those advisory messages are generated automatically by the Uber condition that the creator uses to determine when the rescue is completed.

One characteristic of the Uber condition is that a specific ship is called for—which the swimmer will follow if it is close enough.
Therefore the player does not have a choice of ship or deployable to use. The ship or boat should be specified in the objective text if there is more than one that the player might choose.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines