Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 14:40:57 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: download vs box  (Read 918 times)

CaptJR

• Forum member
download vs box
« on: July 23, 2011, 13:43:06 »

OK, I got the box version about, quite a while ago, don't remember actually. At least 8 months ago. Anyway, I have spent hours trying to install it. Maybe 20 man hours. I'm not going to get into all the things I've tried. I'll just say that now I know for sure that it was not my machine because I just formatted the hard drive, loaded all updates for window and all my hardware. The first thing I tried to install was steam and SSE. Same problem I had been having. Looks like it install but doesn't write any files to my hard drive. Weird. I'm 97 percent sure the problem is with steam. So back to what I'd like answered in this post. (oh, i7, Geforce GTX 295, plenty of computer)

What I want to know is - if I buy the download version here is it the 'NON' steam version.

Please do not make any suggestions on how to install the steam version that I already have. I'm not interested in spending any more time on that. (guess I really want this game if I'm willing to pay for it twice)

jim.smith

Re: download vs box
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 14:54:27 »

Hi CaptJR,I have the download version from VSTEP it is definitly not steam,and it installed without any problems.But check the SSE requirements before you purchase.
Regards Jim.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines