Hello Guest April 20, 2024, 05:08:34 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dead Island, thoughts  (Read 2505 times)

Third Mate

• Forum member
Dead Island, thoughts
« on: July 21, 2011, 08:07:40 »

I just saw it on Steam, it's one of the most realistic games I ever seen in my life. What makes it weird is that I never heard of it it until today and they started working on it 5 years ago. The game contains a lot of horror and it's R18 obliviously, what do you guy's think? I saw from one of the thrillers it get really personal with the human emotions because of the stuff you see in it that would would not expect to see. But It really crosses the barrier of detail in graphics of Gaming. So here is a very emotional thriller of the game, showing off all the detail

Third
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 08:40:41 by Third Mate »

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Ralphy

• Forum member
Re: Dead Island, thoughts
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 08:25:01 »

not sure if it was the right decision watching that while eating my breakfast...but asides from that i agree, it does look very good although those trailers are often nothing like the in game image. Instead they are just done to look nice and to attract the attention of others, so the graphics look good in that the actual game will most likely differ, take VSTEP for example with their promo pics...

I think I'll get Dead Island, looks good...only problem is, i don't think it's suited to the SS forum since it's got a pegi rating of 18 and this is suppose to be a kids forum aswell

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 08:30:40 »

not sure if it was the right decision watching that while eating my breakfast...but asides from that i agree, it does look very good although those trailers are often nothing like the in game image. Instead they are just done to look nice and to attract the attention of others, so the graphics look good in that the actual game will most likely differ, take VSTEP for example with their promo pics...

I think I'll get Dead Island, looks good...only problem is, i don't think it's suited to the SS forum since it's got a pegi rating of 18 and this is suppose to be a kids forum aswell

Kids should be playing outside or their kids games, Simulators are for grown ups realistically.  But yea I get what you are saying about the VSTEP and their promo pics, I'm a bit annoyed about that

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Ralphy

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 08:34:42 »

The problem is that VSTEP has made this more into a game than a sim for various reasons like they want a more varied audience, but I still think the main reason is to distance itself from NAUTIS. They can't deny this as even a dev said they have done so.

Hmm, if you remove the link to that video then they might allow this topic to stay...

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 08:40:24 »

The problem is that VSTEP has made this more into a game than a sim for various reasons like they want a more varied audience, but I still think the main reason is to distance itself from NAUTIS. They can't deny this as even a dev said they have done so.

Hmm, if you remove the link to that video then they might allow this topic to stay...

Alright all taken care of, I did notice indeed It dose not feel like Sim unlike other simulators out there, I think this was a big mistake, aldough from what it said on the site, something about over 600 tousand? copies sold world wide. So im guessing about 90% of the copies must be owned by kids, so what VSTEP decided to do what???
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 08:47:03 by Third Mate »

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

VirtualSkipper

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2011, 14:10:05 »

The game does look kinda cool, but it really is a big rip off to Left 4 Dead (2).  :-\
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 14:15:25 by VirtualSkipper »
"There is a plaque laid next to the remnants of the Titanic which reads, "Only Chuck Norris is unsinkable"

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2011, 14:26:57 »

The game does look kinda cool, but it really is a big rip off to Left 4 Dead (2).  :-\

This is interesting, I am not familiar with Left 4 Dead (2), is it just a bit of a copycat or? It's been years since I experienced a horror game

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Ralphy

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2011, 16:49:48 »

Hmm I suppose it will be similar to Left 4 Dead...but saying that L4D was a great game!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines