Hello Guest April 27, 2024, 03:57:23 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yes there are two  (Read 2131 times)

larsdehaan

Yes there are two
« on: July 10, 2011, 17:33:55 »

hello,

let me introduce me to you i am Lars de haan junior i'll be running dads server while he's in norway for the next two weeks since its vacation i will be on the server often

p.s dad is thinking of adding a new server with another enviornment he asked me to ask you for suggestions!

Note:Tug central server is up! on ss08
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 17:43:39 by larsdehaan »

VirtualSkipper

• Forum member
Re: Yes there are two
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 17:43:45 »

LOL!
I didn't even knew there was a senior and a junior Lars de Haan.  :lol:
"There is a plaque laid next to the remnants of the Titanic which reads, "Only Chuck Norris is unsinkable"

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 17:55:49 »

Hi lars jr., welcome..  I'll be sure to have a look later on..
 ps: I'm glad we have another 08 server where damage is OFF   ;)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 18:56:11 by saltydog »

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 20:41:39 »

Welcome to the forum Lars junior.

Just a thought here, since account sharing is not allowed, not between strangers, friends or relatives alike, and since an account is free and easy & quick to set up, I would like to suggest, nay insist, that both father and son make their own accounts, so that we know who is who. So if you'd be so kind, please create your own account.

This would be a lot nicer than having dad's account suspended for violating the forum rules. And since there have been disciplinairy actions versus said account in the past, I reckon that we can't be casual about it and look the other way in this case.

Thank you very much. And good luck running dad's server. Happy Sailing.

Regards,
Fred

larsdehaan

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2011, 07:28:07 »

Welcome to the forum Lars junior.

Just a thought here, since account sharing is not allowed, not between strangers, friends or relatives alike, and since an account is free and easy & quick to set up, I would like to suggest, nay insist, that both father and son make their own accounts, so that we know who is who. So if you'd be so kind, please create your own account.

This would be a lot nicer than having dad's account suspended for violating the forum rules. And since there have been disciplinairy actions versus said account in the past, I reckon that we can't be casual about it and look the other way in this case.

Thank you very much. And good luck running dad's server. Happy Sailing.

Regards,
Fred
ok i understand but i was told to only make this topic and then to not use the forum with his account

~lars Jr

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2011, 13:57:31 »

But you did go on the forum again after doing that contrary to what you were told or you would not have been able to read my reply.  ;)

So since you already disobeyed dad anyway, why not just make an account? I take it you're playing shipsim too, so an account on the forum seem to be a logical addition to that.

Plus, you'll possibly need to use the forum to keep the people informed about server information, or when there's trouble on your server, or to contact an admin or moderator when you need help with people that behave badly.

So if you're going to be on the forum, please make an own account, you can always leave it unused if you're not going to post after your dad is back.

As I said. I insist.  ;)

Regards,
Fred

Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines