Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 20:09:34 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Super/Mega Yachts  (Read 13263 times)

MortenNOR

• Forum member
Super/Mega Yachts
« on: June 28, 2011, 05:30:10 »

When are we going to see Super/Mega yachts in this game? There's a challenge to make, drive and maneuver. And what is it about this buoys? They should come with some new ships and enviroments that's for sure... "Here you go guys; buy the new Buoy Expansion for only 99,99,-"

serkan

• Forum member
Re: Super/Mega Yachts
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 16:17:07 »

I am wondering too...

floatboat

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 02:39:20 »

There was one in ss06. i have a feeling if they brought even this one back it would be popular  :thumbs:

Thor2

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 21:32:28 »

I think also it would be nice if we have more yachts, but for this we need some environments for nice Cruising with nice Coastlines and some Ports for yachts.
At next it's hard to create a nice small Yacht with a poly limit from 800 each meter.

Regards

Thor

MortenNOR

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011, 13:31:11 »

After a looong time now Shipsim has managed to get us a new boat... WoW! Yet a new cargoship... Are you serious. I was exited when Ship sim Extrem got out back in the days, but I'm still waiting for the "Extreme" part of the game. There is just a bunch of Cargoships and ferrys doin' nothing much than going back and forth. We are not even allowes to moor in multiplayer... Even gettn' the abillity to moor in Multiplayer would be more extreme than that rusty cargoship. Come on Shipsim guys! You could surely do better than that. Give us some nice looking ships, and some new enviroments. You don't even need to make the enviroment yourself, just make a map editor. I personaly got some great ideas for map's.

This game has lost it's poof and I don't know if it any longer are even worth the bytes it takes on my HD.
Shame and disrespect to the lazy ShipSim developer's.

Cheers.

VirtualSkipper

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2011, 14:30:08 »

Actually, 2 ships and 2 environments of the CCC or on their way right now, and also maybe the project of Venice by Thor2.
"There is a plaque laid next to the remnants of the Titanic which reads, "Only Chuck Norris is unsinkable"

MortenNOR

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2011, 14:54:58 »

Yes, indeed I hear. however, I have heard that more is comming for a long time. It's time that it actually happens somthing. And those two ships I am sure turning out to be another tanker and a tug or somthing idiotic like that.  >:(

larsdehaan

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2011, 17:10:48 »

Yes, indeed I hear. however, I have heard that more is comming for a long time. It's time that it actually happens somthing. And those two ships I am sure turning out to be another tanker and a tug or somthing idiotic like that.  >:(
no they wont and if you think those kind of ships are ''idiotic'' then get rid of the game?

MortenNOR

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2011, 19:53:13 »

You miss the whole point. We allready have a bunch of Cargoships, pilot boats, tanker, heavy lift ship... need I go on...? When are we going to see something else. IT's great fun an all that, but not all of us want to sail cargo ships and ferry's all the time. Why make even MORE cargo ships and ferrys? Does it even make sense to implement more of the same thing when you could widen the game and make it perfect?! I respect that all you want to do is sailing cargoships and ferry's, but there is different people out there playing.

VirtualSkipper

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2011, 19:56:10 »

"There is a plaque laid next to the remnants of the Titanic which reads, "Only Chuck Norris is unsinkable"

Gab

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 22:55:10 »

In fact how many tankers do we have? 1
How many container ships? 2
How many multi purpose freighters? 1
How many LNG ships? 1

The problem here is that you can't see the (huge) differences between each of the large ships. You put tankers, container, multi purpose, pilot, LNG, tugs, ferries, cruise liners in the same bag!  :doh:

It's as unfair as saying a speedboat, a sailboat, a pilot boat and a yatch are all yatches!

At the moment, we have as many tankers as yatches, and as many LNGs as yatches...

All in all, it's correctly balanced.  :thumbs:
Rosenblatt Project

VirtualSkipper

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2011, 07:21:09 »

Well explained, Gab.  :thumbs:

MortenNOR

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2011, 14:11:32 »

Allright. Gab my friend... I have compleetly respect for the people playing that wants antoher tanker in a different collor or a smaller one. It's just that we allready have that ship type and I have piloted those boats since August 27, 2010 when extreme was launched. I think your explanation is a little silly to be honest. I see the same thing in other games, people who franticly fights change and development in a game. My conclusion is that those people have used so long to master what's allready in the game and is unsure if they would master anything new. Are you in this group? To want something else and a little different shouldn't be so difficult to understand. I have noted that you don't want any other ships, thank you for your comment. And yes, the ferry pack was great fun, however I personaly like Mega Yachts and wish to see this implemented in the game. And to turn the whole post off topic that I only want that and I don't like the ships allready here is wrong. I also think there is time for the loong overdue improvement to Multiplayer gaming as is what I mostly do now a days when I play this game.

It's not all about the boats, It's about the feeling.

Cheers  ;)

Rbsanford

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2011, 17:11:08 »

It's not all about the boats, It's about the feeling.

zen ship simming? ;D

now a great idea for a mega yatch is a sunseeker. they vary in size, best one for sse is predator 108. ;D ;D
Today's weather:

http://www.lsmma.com/webcam/webcam_st.html

Not to sound cliched, but what a long, strange, trip it's been.

Gab

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2011, 18:18:03 »

Well explained, Gab.  :thumbs:
Thanks  ;D

[...] antoher tanker in a different collor or a smaller one. It's just that we allready have that ship type and I have piloted those boats since August 27, 2010 when extreme was launched. I think your explanation is a little silly to be honest.
You disagree that having a new tanker of a different size is a good idea, so you suggest a yatch of a different size... This, seems silly to me  ::)

I would also invite you to read this again:
The problem here is that you can't see the (huge) differences between each of the large ships.
It's not only about the size or the colour...

It's true that I disagree about having more yatches in SSE because I'm looking for challenge. A yatch, as large as it can be, won't ever be as difficult to dock as a large container ship. However, I understand that SSE needs variety to interest all the players. But as I said above, I think SSE is correctly balanced on this aspect.

My conclusion is that those people have used so long to master what's allready in the game and is unsure if they would master anything new.
Wrong, but completely wrong! The entire point of the game is to master new things! ;) Don't try to guess what others might think. Docking the Latitude is a challenge for me, the Vermaas is difficult... a normal yatch? Nothing easier honnestly... Even a mega yatch would still be fairly easy to dock/maneuver. Anyway nothing comparable to a cargo ship since yatches are made to be maneuverable.

This has been said, I respect your wishlist and your suggestions. This is why this section of the forum exists after all  :thumbs:
The only thing I found a bit annoying is the way you introduced the thing: putting all the other ships in the same bag, saying that unlike all the others, this one would be different.... They are all different, not just colour and size!  :lol:

If you compare the Latitude with the Ocean Prince, I'll compare the mega yatch with the sherpa  :doh:

Regards,
Gab
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 17:33:34 by Gab »
Rosenblatt Project

Rbsanford

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2011, 19:19:33 »

It's true that I disagree about having more yatches in SSE because I'm looking for challenge. A yatch, as large as it can be, won't ever be as difficult to dock as a large container ship. However, I understand that SSE needs variety to interest all the players. But as I said above, I think SSE is correctly balanced on this aspect.

Regards,
Gab

i woodint say so. alot expect titanic in sse. titanic still is very popular, i dont think its correctly balanced to interest all players.
Today's weather:

Gab

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2011, 19:34:19 »

I wouldn't say so. a lot expect Titanic in sse. Titanic still is very popular, I dont think it's correctly balanced to interest all players.

Nothing is perfect...

I should have said:  ''The variety of ships is large, but some kinds of ships are missing. However, the categories in the game are represented by a fair number of ships''

« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 17:39:10 by Gab »
Rosenblatt Project

MortenNOR

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2011, 10:10:20 »

Like I wrote earlyer there Gab. I do not put all the boat in the same bag, but writing a novel about each and everyone is a waste of time in a forum don't you agree... Also like I write; I respect your oppinion but you are one amongst many. We are all different, and it's great you still think it's fun docking the Vermaas. However, I do belive there are more people wanting Yacht's and other ships to cruise with, simply since that's the ONLY thing we could do in Multiplayer. And piloting a grand Mega Yacht would be a challenge. A large yacht or a large cargo ship... I don't realy see the problem you have here, they could each be a huge ships that requires skills to manouver. Wanting somthing more than what is in the game couldn't be so wrong. Besides, if they make a mega Yacht or maybe 2 - 3 -4? :D You will have to buy them anyways and there is not a person here on this entire forum that would make you buy them against your own will... Tho I suspect you will anyways. ;) By the way, to give you a little update in what I have piloted in real life. MS Color Festival: Length: 169,45 m Width: 27,6 m  BT: 34 314

Gab

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2011, 17:32:32 »

Actually I didn't buy the Winner, and I won't buy any of the upcoming ships until Vstep release a patch to fix the  issues. If you search on this section of the forum, you will find many topics about the Mega Yatch, so you are not the only one who want it :thumbs:

another tanker and a tug or somthing idiotic like that.  >:(
That is the only reason why I disliked your suggestion. I have no problems with people who want a yatch, but I have problems with the people who don't respect what the others like. As I said, I do not have the Winner but lot of people bought it and are happy with it.  ;)
Rosenblatt Project

Rbsanford

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2011, 20:08:32 »

not bad. ;D
Today's weather:

MortenNOR

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2011, 00:43:34 »

That is the only reason why I disliked your suggestion. I have no problems with people who want a yatch, but I have problems with the people who don't respect what the others like. As I said, I do not have the Winner but lot of people bought it and are happy with it.  ;)

It's not disrespect it's an oppinion. What I think is disrespect is that there still isn't a fix to all the bugs in the game, also somthing i pointed at earlyer. That's just disrespect for the customer.

Gab

• Forum member
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2011, 01:06:20 »

What I think is disrespect is that there still isn't a fix to all the bugs in the game, also somthing i pointed at earlyer. That's just disrespect for the customer.

I'm not the one who will disagree with this! It's also what I think!  :-\

But people always want more ships, so bugs aren't fixed, until...?

What is it going to take?  ???
Rosenblatt Project

Rbsanford

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2011, 01:15:26 »

we are getting waaaaay off topic. :doh:

now heres a site with some yatchs for extremes! ;D

http://www.sunseeker.com/
Today's weather:

Thor2

• Forum member
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2011, 18:34:13 »

And here, http://www.youtube.com/user/david32881?feature=mhee you could see a nice Model from the 108 and a few other yachts.
And yes, its possible to add some of this yachts in a simulator, but of course only the Low Poly versions.

Regards

Thor

MortenNOR

• Forum member
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2012, 12:05:36 »

Indeed some nice yacht's, however it's still popping up even more utility ships as DLC. Come on and make us a tasty Megayacht shipsim. Atleast let us know if it is somthing we could expect in the near future.  :captain:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines