Hello Guest April 26, 2024, 19:03:56 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fairmount Sherpa lights when towing  (Read 1615 times)

arkon

• Forum member
Fairmount Sherpa lights when towing
« on: June 09, 2011, 19:38:20 »

I have noticed when ever FS is towing a vessel none of the lights will stay on but the moment you disconnect the lights return. Has anybody else noticed this strange phenomenon? Will VStep provide a fix for this?

Art

clanky

• Forum member
Re: Fairmount Sherpa lights when towing
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2011, 21:19:49 »

Are you talking about the lights on the Sherpa or the vessel under tow?

Would be a nice touch if proper towing lights could be made to work automatically when one ship towed another, I guess that is probably being a bit optomistic though.

vin_sun

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2011, 21:57:40 »

Would be a nice touch if proper towing lights could be made to work automatically when one ship towed another, I guess that is probably being a bit optomistic though.

Hi Clanky,

I think this happens. I saw it in a new custom mission called - Orient Star from Calais to Dover ( a collaboration by TJK and Rooster). I did not notice it immediately, but it caught my eye later when the Sherpa was towing the OS. The rule requirement lights were displayed on the Sherpa (3 white lights in a vertical line) and the OS had only its side lights and the masthead lights were off. This occurs when the right commands / instructions have been used in the Mission Editor.

Regards
vin_sun
Land was created to provide a place for boats to visit.

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2011, 22:56:42 »

I've got the same experience with the Protector (Coat Guard Vessel COD) Even worse, after switching the lights on, they stood on for just a second or two and then went off again.
Rather strange behaviour.
Feel free to have a look @: http://members.chello.nl/a.vermeulen14/
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines