Hello Guest September 29, 2024, 04:25:29 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new 50 missions  (Read 2487 times)

redrover

• Forum member
new 50 missions
« on: June 03, 2011, 12:27:14 »

Hi,All, I have entered my SSE key into my profile and tried to download the 50 missions from my steam account and it said i need to enter my key into the forum which i did still won't recognise me. any help please would be appreciated.. :thumbs:

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
Re: new 50 missions
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 12:36:32 »

Have you put both Licence Keys into your profile?

TFMs Guide to Crossing the Dover Channel (http://forum.shipsim.com/index.php/topic,21107.0.html)

TJK

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 12:40:13 »

Hi
the new  missions you can download from inside the game, press download content in the left main menu and a new windows with missions for download pop up.
I'm not so familiar with steam but try to add both keys into you forum profile

redrover

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 18:50:14 »

Hi
the new  missions you can download from inside the game, press download content in the left main menu and a new windows with missions for download pop up.
I'm not so familiar with steam but try to add both keys into you forum profile

Both keys,you've lost me there. I have one on the back of my manual which i put in. the other keys are when i had SS8.. can you please elaborate..

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 18:50:46 »

If you have Steam SSE, then you get the key on the back of the CD Case, and a key from STEAM

TFMs Guide to Crossing the Dover Channel (http://forum.shipsim.com/index.php/topic,21107.0.html)

redrover

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 19:14:31 »

If you have Steam SSE, then you get the key on the back of the CD Case, and a key from STEAM
Ok,FM i'll try that,if i don't get back to you i have been successful and thanks once again..

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2011, 19:17:05 »

Good luck  :thumbs:

Aad The Pirate

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2011, 23:02:06 »

Ahoy all,
And about what 50 new missions are you people talking about?
Surely not about the missions available in the download section of the game.
That are just 40 missions, and they are not quite new.
Feel free to have a look @: http://members.chello.nl/a.vermeulen14/

mvsmith

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2011, 00:24:04 »

Hi Aad,

There have been 46 missions approved, but some are not in English or Dutch, so you would probably not see them on your in-game DL list.

There are only about eleven creators so far, and Jan has contributed nearly half of the missions.

It appears that many find the new mission system too daunting. That is unfortunate because it opens up many possibilities that the old system did not offer.

Regards,
Marty

ac_freeman

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2011, 22:53:47 »

Hi Marty,

Another reason for the lack of creators could be that some of us, through no fault of our own other than the fact that we are cursed with the Steam version of SSE, can no longer download or upload missions within SSE.......nobody seems to know what to do about it, although some people have tried their best offering helpful suggestions it appears that there is no solution ( also posts on the Steam Forum with no solution ). It's taken the shine off it as far as I am concerned and I have not even accessed the editor for weeks now - if I do restart work on my unfinished missions then I will have to find another way of sharing them, maybe those of us cursed with the Steam version can start our own Forum/group for sharing missions..........or, how about a separate Steam SSE sub-group on this board where we can access the mission files that others can access in-game?

regards,

Andy

mvsmith

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2011, 02:16:54 »

Hi Andy,

The channel through the CMMs is, of course the preferred way to share missions, but until your problem is sorted you can use the Missions board so long as you follow the guidelines for topic titles, etc.

Another alternative is the former Creators Forum hosted by Terry Russell.  See this petulant post by Tore:
http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,25608.msg339751.html#msg339751 (http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,25608.msg339751.html#msg339751)

We want to avoid a plethora of independent forums if possible, and we don’t promise support for any missions but those on the in-game download list.

Regards,
Marty

ac_freeman

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2011, 21:37:54 »

I just found out that I can't even open my own missions....says they are locked and I am not the owner, as a last resort I am going to try a full re-install - to be honest what started out as a great hobby has now become more trouble than it is worth, if this does not fix my problems then I will un-install SSE and forget about it, shame but I am tired of spending evening after evening trying to figure this out.

Andy

mvsmith

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2011, 22:20:58 »

Hi Andy,

The missions of yours that you say are now locked:
Have they been on your computer the entire time? Or did you upload them someplace and then download them?
Unless they are simply corrupted, someone had to have saved them with the Locked box checked from an editor with a different ID from the one that you currently have.

It is a very bad Idea to lock the only copy of your mission. Things could change that would make it impossible for you to open it again.

Regards,
Marty
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 22:32:33 by mvsmith »

ac_freeman

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2011, 22:44:08 »

Hi Marty,

I saved them myself before swapping out my hard drive so cannot see how I am no longer recognised as the owner - one last chance for me is that ( if you remember ) you had me upload an unlocked version of my Dover - Calais mission ( or possibly I sent the files to you direct ), could you maybe send those unlocked files back to me? I had made many changes since then but at least I will not have to start completely from scratch and perhaps in a few weeks I might feel like having another go, but for now I don't have the motivation unfortunately - I had spent many hours on another mission which looks as though it is now lost. The re-install and re-registering of the product keys has not helped so nothing positive to report there either unfortunately.

thanks & regards,

Andy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines