Hello Guest September 19, 2024, 23:13:33 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Please give me some advice..!! Thanks.  (Read 5280 times)

WelshTurnip

• Forum member
Please give me some advice..!! Thanks.
« on: June 01, 2011, 23:01:51 »

I do not know what to do with Ship Simulator. I have 2008 with no add-ons. I do not know whether to buy New Horizons for £13.99 or Extremes for £39.99.. I do not want to waste my money as I only want to play online. Please give me some advice. Thank you..  ;D

Third Mate

• Forum member
Re: Please give me some advice..!! Thanks.
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 02:17:05 »

Ok so, let's break things down,  :thumbs: So you have SS08 if you add NH addon that will give you some new ships to explore which will allow you to use also on MP. Ok, I think I like the next one, I would say buy SSE but before you do are you aware of the system requirements? I think we might be able to avoid another ship wrecking again. If you looked at the system requirements and you think your computer will handle it, I will defenetly recommend goind for SSE since you are looking at mostly multiplayer because hardly anyone is on multiplyaer in SS08. Just a heads up in advance, some members have reported problems with the installation and running of the Sim but in the end the problems were fixed so don't panic if you also encounter these, the will be fixed.

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

WelshTurnip

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2011, 10:45:11 »

Thanks for the helpful advice you just gave me. I am looking for the system requirements now and don't know where to find them on my laptop. LOL. I am useless. Please could you tell me where they are and how I get them. Sorry for putting you to a lot of bother. Thank you.
I am also going to download SSE off of Steam. Can that be a trusted website to download off?  Thanks.
                                                       Lee Turner.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 10:54:01 by WelshTurnip »

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2011, 10:54:34 »

Thanks for the helpful advice you just gave me. I am looking for the system requirements now and don't know where to find them on my laptop. LOL. I am useless. Please could you tell me where they are and how I get them. Sorry for putting you to a lot of bother. Thank you.

Lee Turner.

Oh Oh, Laptop huh  :evil: Ok no matter  :captain:, all you have to do is click on startmenu,> all programs > accesories > system tools & click on system information as far as I remember, or if your operating system is VISTA you can download a free and safe tool here which will save you all that hassle http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/176785-vistaforums-sysinfo-tool.html

Third

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

WelshTurnip

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 11:45:02 »

Is a laptop OK for this game? Is Steam ok for downloading SSE? I have windows 7. Shall I tell you my system settings?

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 11:48:16 »

Is a laptop OK for this game? Is Steam ok for downloading SSE? I have windows 7. Shall I tell you my system settings?

Honestly not for SSE which is unfortunate news, Steam is ok yup, Windows 7 ok good, system yup let's see what you have sure  :captain:
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 11:51:38 by Third Mate »

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

WelshTurnip

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 11:50:19 »

My system settings folder is not responding. Should I really buy SSE for my laptop? SS2008 works fine. Wont SSE be the same?  :)

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 11:56:52 »

My system settings folder is not responding. Should I really buy SSE for my laptop? SS2008 works fine. Wont SSE be the same?  :)

Alright no problem, we can still work with this. I would not recommend that at all, I have a $1200 Desktop and it's just holding up but it's ok and don't worry about Steam for now. What I would do is punch hard with SS08 New Horizons add on pack and the rest of the freeware add-ons available in the shipyard there's like a ton of those but in order to use them make sure you purchased the New Horizons Add-On pack first. As for multiplayer, some people still play but not as much, most of them prefer to play SS08 multiplayer because it's more stable than SS Extremes.

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

WelshTurnip

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2011, 12:01:56 »

Ok thanks for the information. I will buy New Horizons and that will be the same 'graphics' as SS2008? 

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2011, 12:04:38 »

Ok thanks for the information. I will buy New Horizons and that will be the same 'graphics' as SS2008? 

Yup, It should be, plus if you are still ship thirsty there are a few more ships you can purchase as well but let's just start with New Horizons first

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

WelshTurnip

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2011, 12:06:43 »

Ha..Ok.. All I want is a cruise liner. Is there one on NH?

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2011, 12:10:07 »

Ha..Ok.. All I want is a cruise liner. Is there one on NH?

Oh yes, I belive it's called Ocean Star, but before you install NH make sure your game is up to date  ;)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 12:11:48 by Third Mate »

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

WelshTurnip

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2011, 12:11:27 »

Brilliant!!
All I wanted SSE for was to deploy lifeboats. But I guess I can live with that.   =P.
Would you like a game of new horizons later on?

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2011, 12:15:01 »

Brilliant!!
All I wanted SSE for was to deploy lifeboats. But I guess I can live with that.   =P.
Would you like a game of new horizons later on?

Sure thing hehehe, you'll just have to find me one of the servers, let's make it New York, just look out for me, I will be very obiuous, you will laught  :thumbs: hope everything runs well, let me know when everything is done and dusted so i can prepare to launch the game  :)

Third

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

WelshTurnip

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2011, 13:27:46 »

HaHa..Ok then. You know when I want to find a server, Do I just click on multiplayer? Are all the servers possible to play on after I buy New Horizons? What ship simulator games do you have?  Thanks.

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2011, 13:36:12 »

HaHa..Ok then. You know when I want to find a server, Do I just click on multiplayer? Are all the servers possible to play on after I buy New Horizons? What ship simulator games do you have?  Thanks.

Oh that's right, yup just click on multipayer, not quite, Just the ones that just say the normal description eg "Hamburg" and " New Horizons New York" , there are the last two types I think that you will need two boats called Elbe and Furie in order to go on them. I just have Ship Sim 2008 and Ship Sim 2010(extremes)  ;D

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

WelshTurnip

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2011, 13:05:00 »

Hello,

I am going to purchase New Horizons today around mid-day. When do you want to play together?

Thanks.

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2011, 14:03:29 »

Hello,

I am going to purchase New Horizons today around mid-day. When do you want to play together?

Thanks.

Let's make it tomorow afternoon, hopefully I will be on since of the time difference

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

WelshTurnip

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2011, 17:40:13 »

Sure thing bro.
How old are you?
Where you from?
I have finally bought New Horizons. 
One word.:.- AMAZING.
Hope to see you around.
                                       Turner.    :P :lol: ;) :) :D ;D :blush: :captain:

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2011, 05:07:18 »

Sure thing bro.
How old are you?
Where you from?
I have finally bought New Horizons. 
One word.:.- AMAZING.
Hope to see you around.
                                       Turner.    :P :lol: ;) :) :D ;D :blush: :captain:

Australia lol :P I got the flag, 19 it's cool. Oh got some bad news, SS08 doesn't like Windows 7 any more so every time I try install it it's won't play nice but I'm looking for a fix.Gonna see If I can put the good word out there for people to start playing MP in SS08 more

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

WelshTurnip

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2011, 12:43:56 »

What?! My ship sim works fine..?  :o

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2011, 13:21:58 »

What?! My ship sim works fine..?  :o

Oh don't worry, It's fixable It's just gonna  take while to figure out

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

weejam

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2011, 13:56:56 »

I have no problems running SS08 with Windows7. As a matter of fact it runs flawlessly in game with extremely high frame rates. A lot better than what it ran with vista. The only problem I do have however is when I go to quit the game, sometimes I get a message saying questviewer stopped responding and get the choice to either close the program or wait for it to respond. This is usually the first or second time I play it after I have changed desktop resolution in order to run MSTS. After that it seems to close normally. I just hit close the program. I have SS08 in the program files (x86) folder and always rightclick the icon and choose run as administrator.

As for SSE, download the demo and see if that runs to your satisfaction. If not make your decision from there. My video card isn't good enough for SSE but plays SS08 with everything maxed out in widescreen and 1360x768 resolution with no jerkyness. The SSE demo I am lucky to get 5fps.

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2011, 14:38:19 »

SS08 ran flawlessly for me two, all the graphics were maxed out and it loooked like eye candy. But I remember changeing the radio sounds and then i got no more sound , then when I tried to re-install it I still got no more sound XD. I got all the payware ships, great horn sounds, all the freeware add-ons, all the patches, a nice antique collection

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

weejam

• Forum member
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2011, 01:16:34 »

What sounds? Were they the ones in the shipyard that comes with some of the addon packs if I can remember right?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines