Hello Guest April 29, 2024, 14:33:45 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

Is there a need for a frence forum

Yes,we do need it
- 12 (42.9%)
No,we dont need it
- 16 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Frence forum  (Read 3680 times)

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
Frence forum
« on: May 18, 2007, 16:00:16 »

Greetings,
We have prohably,some frence people which purchased the game.That's why this poll is out now.
If we see that it is more yes,than no.I will start to look for some people,who can handle that part,as a moderator,but they have to write both languages.
Regards
Marc
N

FirenzeSinatra

• Forum member
Re: Frence forum
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 10:16:43 »

I am the only french in this forum i think, also you don't must creat a french forum just for me  ;D
Firenze

I love football, sport and Frank Sinatra !

Shipaddict

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007, 10:21:18 »

Actually, there is another french person called phico who's new here.

http://www.shipsim.com/ShipSimForum/index.php?action=profile;u=10882

His profile.

Shipaddict

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2007, 10:36:28 »

I am the only french in this forum i think, also you don't must creat a french forum just for me  ;D
Greetings,FirenzeSinatra
Thanks for your reply,and that you are pleased to have the english forum.Maybe sofar you're the only frence guy on this forum,which can write in English.
However,this can change in the future at all times,and maybe some of the other frence guy's are not so familiar to the english writing.
That's why i want to keep this frence forum option open,for the rest.
As long as it is not realy needed,we will not start one.
Kind regards
Marc
N

Berger

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 00:11:05 »

Sorry for "bumping" this, but how many users/players from a country is needed to get a forum with their own language? And if there arent enough from ex. Norway, will it maybe be a scandinavian forum? With Norway, Sweden and Denmark? :) Would be nice to talk about the game and so on in our own languages :)

LucAtC

• Ship Simulator Developer
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 01:55:23 »

Hello marcstrat,
You probably  ;) forgot the topic on the old forum? Did you re-read it?
http://www.shipsim.com/forum-en/viewtopic.php?t=301
Firenzesinatra was not the only Frenchspeaking girl (   :o she is not a guy!).
I can only see that the old thread is confirmed, the more because of the rather bizarre  ??? question.
Indeed, I suppose that all people who answered NO to the poll are french speaking? Or else, what does it mean  ;D ? La Fayette, it was long ago.  8)
Regards,
Luc

Anov

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2007, 08:29:34 »

I'm french too...

Vinx

• Forum member
Re: Frence forum - and Scandinavian!
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2007, 09:59:21 »

Sorry for "bumping" this, but how many users/players from a country is needed to get a forum with their own language? And if there arent enough from ex. Norway, will it maybe be a scandinavian forum? With Norway, Sweden and Denmark? :) Would be nice to talk about the game and so on in our own languages :)

Hi Berger and all the other Scandinavian people out there!
I agree with you. I was just thinking about asking the same question as you as I bumped into yours.

We are a bunch of members living in the far north, and although English is the forum's default language,
some people would preferr a Scandinavian forum due to the following reasons:
1. The risk of misplaced threads reduces when there's no language difficulties.
2. With a Scandinavian forum, some people who are not so familiar with the English language also
dares to post threads, with no fear of making themselves look like donkeys. (Yes, that happens!)
3. It would be a great way of getting junior skippers into the forum as well.
4. SS2008-threads in other Scandinavian forums (like e-buzz.net) wouldn't be necessary.

And for the English speaking members who think you will miss something interesting in a Scandinavian forum:
I'm aware of that too, but my guess is that multilingual members will spread it around the English part as well?!
Yes, I see the problem with a lot of separate forums, but since we are quite a lot of people here, and of which
many are having problems with for example English technical terms, a separate forum would be a benefit.
So, to the admins, and my fellow members in Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Iceland and Finland: Your opinions?

Regards
/Vinx - Virtual Networx
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 10:15:35 by Vinx »
T minus a few days... :-)

J3nsen

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2007, 10:38:57 »

Nice to have :D

marcstrat

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2007, 10:52:43 »

Greetings, Vinx
Yes,like you said,we can ask members who speak different languages,to translate it for the others.
This is a big job sometimes,but i think it has a great value.
We have over the 10000 members,and maybe more people get involved in this forum.
The more people you have,the more idea's,which can be good for the game,and also to meet new friends,wat i have done by being on this forum.
Regards
Marc
N

Berger

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2007, 22:54:04 »

We are a bunch of members living in the far north, and although English is the forum's default language,
some people would preferr a Scandinavian forum due to the following reasons:
1. The risk of misplaced threads reduces when there's no language difficulties.
2. With a Scandinavian forum, some people who are not so familiar with the English language also
dares to post threads, with no fear of making themselves look like donkeys. (Yes, that happens!)
3. It would be a great way of getting junior skippers into the forum as well.
4. SS2008-threads in other Scandinavian forums (like e-buzz.net) wouldn't be necessary.

I totally agree with that. I think it would really make it more easier for those who arent that good in english.

But if there wont be a scandinavian forum, I will gladly help other norwegians to translate there problems to english - but then again, we will need some sort of system or something like that, so the members will know who to contact for the translating problems etc. :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines