Hello Guest April 20, 2024, 11:43:56 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: more packs like the ferry pack  (Read 10672 times)

robert_coramba

• Forum member
more packs like the ferry pack
« on: April 05, 2011, 11:57:32 »

i really want to know, will there be more purchasable packs for sse, for example a tugboat pack???
Tugboat Captain, Sydney Harbour

Bottman

• Global Moderator
Re: more packs like the ferry pack
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 14:57:47 »

It is not possible to say if and when another specific addon follows, but I'm sure, this would be a good way further on. And I'm quite optimistic.. :thumbs:
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!
Look at www.elbdampfer-hamburg.de

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2011, 01:01:48 »

I would like a tug pack..For example one of these.. :)

bbydino05

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 01:44:33 »

There shuold be a pack that releases a couple ships like the New Horizons Pack, Except it should be like complete the Greenpeace Fleet have the Arctic Sunrise and Rainbow Warrior II, ATwo Tugs (Igor K.), Possibly Oasis of the Seas and QM2, Have a Naval Vessel, Frigate and Aircraft Carrier. The Ferries just had a add on pack that would cancel that out and maybe some leasure craft.

Sunseekeringo

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 11:02:23 »

Now, I´m waiting for the ships and areas from the CCC... :-)))))  :2thumbs:

cheers,
ingo

robert_coramba

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 11:16:25 »

how bout a small tug like the ones i drive in sydney :P
Tugboat Captain, Sydney Harbour

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 11:45:39 »

How about a Pride of Bilbao/Bilbao/Portsmouth add on? :-D

I happen to know there's a very good modeller working on the project now. One who (if he finishes POB to the same standard as his last work will receive gold medal of model making god award from me)

Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

Ballast

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2011, 12:06:56 »

I happen to know there's a very good modeller working on the project now. One who (if he finishes POB to the same standard as his last work will receive gold medal of model making god award from me)

I'm not sure 'he' has time for that, i'm trying pushing an chemical tanker up his to-do list..  :angel:
It's the crew that makes the difference

vin_sun

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2011, 13:48:36 »

I'm not sure 'he' has time for that, i'm trying pushing an chemical tanker up his to-do list..  :angel:

Yes, that would give us more tanker related missions but what I think SSE really needs is a bunker vessel. These tiny tankers play such a big role in shipping ..... from the "Agile" to the "Latitude" all are so dependent on bunker ships. It would give a fresh angle to mission making too.

Regards
vin_sun
Land was created to provide a place for boats to visit.

sydmichel

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2011, 19:01:14 »

Unfortunatly Stuart to the best of my knowledge the POB has not been running on that route for over a year now.  Its a great pity, I've been home on it quite a few times (a great booze crews).  We have to go from Santander to Pompy now.  The advantage is that the ferry from Santander is faster than the old POB.
We're all buddies in boats

--tractorman--

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2011, 19:05:00 »

Is this just going to be another 'I wouldnt mind one of these' or 'I want one of these next' topics?

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2011, 01:33:56 »

That seems to be the topic.. ;)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 02:50:38 by saltydog »

michael_taal

• Forum member
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2011, 17:48:03 »

It would be very cool if there is coming a pack with dredgers,cruises or ro-ro ferrys

Or better the whole sea shepherd fleet ( Bob barker,Steve irwin,gojira)

Ballast

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2011, 17:53:13 »

Don't hold your breath for a sea shepherd pack  :)
It's the crew that makes the difference

michael_taal

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2011, 18:37:08 »

why?

i find that greenpeace is only looking how the japanese are killing whales and then they say that they must stop but sea shepherd is going to get a confrontation with the whalers and they come in action

J3nsen

• Forum member
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2011, 14:36:29 »

how bout a small tug like the ones i drive in sydney :P

Axeonalias working on a nice tug! =) (Smit Nederland)

oceandream

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2011, 15:07:33 »

I want a cruise ship Pack  :2thumbs:

Join Greenpeace virtual today
We need more members too keep out forum active

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2011, 15:17:12 »

Unfortunatly Stuart to the best of my knowledge the POB has not been running on that route for over a year now.  Its a great pity, I've been home on it quite a few times (a great booze crews).  We have to go from Santander to Pompy now.  The advantage is that the ferry from Santander is faster than the old POB.

Not quite a year! I like Spain. I like Spain. It was much better when PoBi had Spanish crew onboard (even if they did laugh at my attempt to speak Spanish!) Yes, I like Northern Spain. I might fly out there some time or even catch the Pont Aven to Santander (I MUCH prefer Santcrutzi- dump it maybe, but I like it). As for going on the Cap Finistere? No thanks. Not until they finish building the stern superstructure.

BTW The PA/CF might be faster, but they don't have a patch on PoBi
Join the campaign for 'Pride of Bilbao' and SSE (on one disc).... Model by TFM ship builders.

taylor

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2011, 04:37:01 »

When do you guys think the creation contest winning ships will be released? Think they will all be released as one pack or separate?

taylor

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2011, 09:03:31 »

Judging by this picture, I think it is clear that the CCC ships are being worked on. The question is will they be released individually or as a pack.

This is from the ShipSim Twitter: http://plixi.com/p/94758196

Dusty926

• Forum member
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2011, 04:27:27 »

i hope the rest of the packs are free cause im not spending that much money on DLC for this game

Ralphy

• Forum member
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2011, 10:40:24 »

i hope the rest of the packs are free cause im not spending that much money on DLC for this game

Don't worry i'm sure VSTEP will spend however many thousands of Euro's developing a ship pack and then think they'd be nice to us all and offer it for free...

Remember that VSTEP is a business and the developers have to be paid, they're not a charity,

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2011, 11:17:59 »

Well said, Ralphy.

Free, free, free... that's all I ever seem to hear these days.

But that said, vstep needs to make sure it's WORTH it.

Sunseekeringo

• Forum member
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2011, 17:48:10 »

I agree with you...VSTEP is a business and that also means they need money and the customers need a product which is the money worth, especially when compared with the prices of other computer games.

I guess SSE customers do not exist in such an amount like flight simulator players and SSE customers accept to pay a higher price therefore to cover the costs. But this does not justify to bring a game into the market which is full of bugs and absolutely not finished.

But as long as they are working on the bugs and manage them we don´t have any other chance...

I keep on sailing and enjoy it with one smiling eye...

cheers
Ingo

Stuart2007

• Forum member
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2011, 19:52:07 »

Sunseeker, it's a rum deal when they keep on releasing a new version every couple of years. It says to me that they aren't really thinking from day 1 what they are actually doing.

Quite frankly I think the whole business model is fundamentally flawed. I am quite keen on 08, but won't buy sse on principle. Ironically I think 06 provided the best gameplay and enjoyment.

Sorry if that sounds harsh but it's a harsh world and just trying to be nice doesn't help much!

They need to stop these big and costly re-starting from scratch and use their time and money to fine tune existing stuff- and add ons, which can make money I'm sure.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines