Hello Guest April 23, 2024, 10:58:03 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Propeller wake  (Read 3601 times)

Apejens

• Forum member
Propeller wake
« on: April 03, 2011, 20:34:49 »

SS2006 had quite realisticly made propeller wake from the ships, which I find fascinating to look at, especially ships doing speed astern and getting throttle forward when turning around etc.

VirtualSkipper

• Forum member
Re: Propeller wake
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 21:32:43 »

:thumbs:
"There is a plaque laid next to the remnants of the Titanic which reads, "Only Chuck Norris is unsinkable"

oceandream

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2011, 21:38:44 »

SSE has propeller wakes
BUT!!!

It only showes up when reach a certain speed, wich is quite unrealistic

Join Greenpeace virtual today
We need more members too keep out forum active

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 03:11:03 »

SSE has propeller wakes
BUT!!!

Agreed! if it was possible in SS06 It should of been done in SSE

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

MokMok

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 12:01:22 »

SS08 also used to have a very realistic propellor wake.

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 12:13:23 »

SS08 also used to have a very realistic propellor wake.

I have this game called Deadliest Catch Alaskan storm, it doesn't have Hollywood blockbuster water effects, but It has however proper standard wake sytem, plus seasick cam which will be a great essential, very good splashing, wake trails.You will be surprised what rig you would need to ensure smooth game play with such stormy weather, this is exactly the kind of ocean system SSE needs, but I have a sinking feeling it won't be possible.

* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lajLrLYU6eU *
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 12:24:14 by Third Mate »

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Snakebyte92

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 12:30:20 »

Anything is possible. But aswell i'm not seeing it soon happen. I hope SSE is getting more sold so that maybe Vstep decicide to improve the game on many things. But it's just an idea. But who knows... :-\
Cadet Holland America Line

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 13:43:08 »

Anything is possible. But aswell i'm not seeing it soon happen. I hope SSE is getting more sold so that maybe Vstep decicide to improve the game on many things. But it's just an idea. But who knows... :-\

There's not a massive group of people who are into simulators, believe me I drop by EB games sometimes to check about their simulators and sometimes they say they have 1 or 2 copy's the most. If like even a quarter of the world would be interested, it would mean round 2 billion out of 7 billion so that's pretty good fishing there.

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Snakebyte92

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 13:54:59 »

I'm not saying that there will be a massive public for SSE. But I believe there is a wider public for SSE. But they just haven't found it..

But we can discuss about the public for SSE. But it won't change anything. So just let's wait.. ;D

Wauuww. I feel myself grown up... ::)  :lol:
Cadet Holland America Line

Bottman

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2011, 14:55:19 »

SSE has propeller wakes
BUT!!!

This feature is on the wish list for the developers since a long time. Maybe they will do it in the near future... !:)
Bottman

Navigare necesse est!
Look at www.elbdampfer-hamburg.de

TNeves

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2011, 00:44:53 »

I have this game called Deadliest Catch Alaskan storm, it doesn't have Hollywood blockbuster water effects, but It has however proper standard wake sytem, plus seasick cam which will be a great essential, very good splashing, wake trails.You will be surprised what rig you would need to ensure smooth game play with such stormy weather, this is exactly the kind of ocean system SSE needs, but I have a sinking feeling it won't be possible.

* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lajLrLYU6eU *

I play that game. Its a lot smoother, but I don't think that the ocean is better than SSE. The splashs are more smoother and some more "visible", than in here. SS08 that propeller wakes, so this SSE must have it too, maybe in a new update.

One thing I noticed, in very bad weather, Deadliest catch ships, in spite of not being very realistic, behave much better than in here, we do not see the ship disappearing in the water and stuff like that. I truly believe that VSTEP will work even more in this already excellent game!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines