Hello Guest March 28, 2024, 11:45:42 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Really annoying bugs  (Read 3089 times)

Apejens

• Forum member
Really annoying bugs
« on: April 03, 2011, 11:10:04 »

I just spent 1 1/2 hour mastering the "Vermaas" from the westerly end of Hamburg into the container port.
When approaching the grand finale, which I'd been looking forward to, I was about to dock the ship, in the most careful manner.

However, in the middle of a turn, a ********************* inland container ship rammed me from behind, causing my SOG to increase to a staggering 7 knots at which I hit the dock with.

I STRONGLY suggest VStep look into such ridicolousness!

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
Re: Really annoying bugs
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 12:01:40 »

That's why I save regularly, just in case these annoying AI ships rammed into you.

I have found most AI ships will avoid you, but for some reason the inland container vessel does not.
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit  |  CPU: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.5 GHz  |  RAM: 16Gb DDR3  |  Graphic Card: Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC

Smithacus

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 01:36:15 »

For the record, this happens in my game, too. The other annoying one was the motoboat that thinks it's a submarine. It surfaced from beneath the Phaedrus which caused it to sink. I blame the Red Troninites. They were always the bad guys. The Blue Trons are slacking off and not policing up the area.
If you name is not Rosie then stop counting rivets.

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 02:45:14 »

In the mean time a temporary fix is to disable the ships before entering any environment. Bora Bora are a bit more behaved as the Freedom 90 was on a coalition course with the Albatross IV but as I stopped it changed course and did not hit me.

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Swenson

• Ship Simulator Community Manager
  • Forum member
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 10:55:06 »

Thanks for the report. I will ask our devs to look in to the AI behavior.
Stay up to date by following our social channels!
http://twitter.com/shipsim
http://www.facebook.com/shipsim

vin_sun

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 14:40:35 »

.....the Freedom 90 was on a coalition course with the Albatross IV ......

TM ..... the choice is yours  ;D ;D

Attachment 1

OR

Attachment 2
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 14:43:10 by vin_sun »
Land was created to provide a place for boats to visit.

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 05:25:19 »

TM ..... the choice is yours  ;D ;D

Attachment 1

OR

Attachment 2

I'd say the second Attachment is the right one, had no idea how I wrote that  :doh:

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

Apejens

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 23:03:08 »

Well, here we go again, again a trip with the "Vermaas" almost caused me to smash my computer to pieces.
First, the cabin cruiser started going in circles because my ship was passing it, subsequently crashing into me, making the "Vermaas" swing around at 4 knots at the stern and making a hellish situation for me as I was just passing the "Agile Solution" just by the narrows at the wharf.

After applying full speed ahead, hard rudder, full thrusters and full everything I got myself out of the ridicolous situation the cabin cruiser had created, only the get in a similar situation with the inland container vessel just as I was about to dock the ship perfectly.

The whole damn scene ended when the ship touched the dock at 0,00000001 knots, as it's supposed to.
The game's bouncy quaysides then threw the ship out in the harbour again, just like a light-weight hovercraft or something.

This is an example of an every-day round of Ship Simulator Extremes as it presents itself to the users.
The problem has been adressed by many users before me, however there seems to be no particular interest as to sort these problems out once and for all.

I wish to make it clear that these annoying situations ruin the entire game experience for me,
together with problems of ships that behave in unrealitic manners, as I've tiresomely been pointing out in other posts on this forum.

Too bad when the game is so good in other ways.

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2011, 00:52:33 »

To be honest here, this is why I don't get that intimate with the Sim as I hoped to do so, because I know that something like this is lurking just around the corner to sharer the moment. Don't have a clue why other people do it, It's a mistake at the moment.

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2011, 01:00:18 »

Yes, the bouncy docks need to be fixed..They are a real pain in the 'donkey'.. ;)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 01:29:00 by saltydog »

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2011, 07:12:54 »

Yes, the bouncy docks need to be fixed..They are a real pain in the 'donkey'.. ;)

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines