Hello Guest June 15, 2024, 21:04:41 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with Mission Editor  (Read 5436 times)

egas miedema

• Forum member
Help with Mission Editor
« on: March 31, 2011, 15:40:15 »

I have made serveral missions with the Mission Editor also after patch 1.3.5 and the ferry pack. But now i cant open the missions any more from the game, i can open them in the mission editor.
Does any one now an solution for this problem and does any one now how i can place any cargo on deck in the Mission editor????

regards Egas

mvsmith

Re: Help with Mission Editor
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 16:45:13 »

Hi Egas,

The Mission Editor Notes explain how to place objects:
http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,19793.0.html

If you place objects on a ship, you must attach them to the ship; otherwise she will sail without them.

I can’t tell why you can’t find your missions in the game unless you describe in detail what steps you have taken.

Regards,
Marty

egas miedema

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 17:13:49 »

thanks marty

i have made an mission than saved it after that i cant find them in the game at single mission or anywere

mvsmith

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 20:46:24 »

Where did you save the mission?
Did you save it where you were instructed to on page 6 of the Mission Editor Notes?

Tell me the exact title that you gave to the mission in the top line of the Mission Properties.
Also tell me the File Name that you used when you saved the mission.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 20:55:16 by mvsmith »

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 21:19:45 »

Hi Marty
I found out that in mission editor if you use certain objects like the container
it shows in ships(player)ships(static).
If you use the static container no problem  But use the one in player ships when
you save file it will not show in single missions but the file is in the missions folder
and will load to editor.
There are a few like this that void the save.
                                                                                                             Eric

mvsmith

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 22:41:55 »

Thanks, Eric.

mvsmith

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2011, 17:00:59 »

Hi Egas,

To expand on what Eric said:
The container is found under Ships in all three categories: Player, Static, and AI.
Using a Player container will make the mission unplayable.
Static containers can be placed on the water; they float because they have dynamics.
Than can be towed and also pushed around by Apollo, etc.

Static containers can be placed aboard ships such as Sherpa by adjusting the Y coordinate as explained in the Mission Editor Notes. You must also attach the container to the ship.

AI containers may also be used. They will attempt to comply with COLREGS as best they can.
If you really want a Player container, you can convert a static container. However, through an unforgivable oversight by the Developers, containers do not have a bridge.

Regards,
Marty

Containers are good little navigators:
An AI container—given a single goal—can find its way from the Isle of Wight to Southampton at better than 20 knots.

« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 17:40:06 by mvsmith »

egas miedema

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2011, 13:47:34 »

thanks guys

but i saved the mission at user missions and game missions for sure and i cant open my mission from the game
and how can i transport an ship on the aigle or jumbo

regards Egas

mvsmith

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2011, 18:15:03 »

Hi Egas,

As I said in an earlier post, the Mission Editor Notes explain how to place one object on another. You must attach that object to a ship in order for it to move with the ship.

There is no way to unload the ship when you reach the destination. To simulate that, you can attach another Player ship in the water alongside the carrier and make it invisible and static. At the destination, you can destroy the ship you are carrying and detach the ship in the water, make it visible, and convert it back to a player ship.

Eric probably answered your question about being unable to find your mission. You never answered mine about the names you used.

Regards,
Marty

egas miedema

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2011, 19:40:43 »

Hi Egas,

As I said in an earlier post, the Mission Editor Notes explain how to place one object on another. You must attach that object to a ship in order for it to move with the ship.

There is no way to unload the ship when you reach the destination. To simulate that, you can attach another Player ship in the water alongside the carrier and make it invisible and static. At the destination, you can destroy the ship you are carrying and detach the ship in the water, make it visible, and convert it back to a player ship.

Eric probably answered your question about being unable to find your mission. You never answered mine about the names you used.

Regards,
Marty

sorry Marty i saved it as daily calais an d tat was also the name i used in the mission properties

Regards Egas

mvsmith

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2011, 22:26:07 »

Hi Egas,

If you are having trouble saving a mission so that it appears in the game, you can post the two mission files—mission.xml & mission.EN—here.
Even though it seems that the .xml files are not as vulnerable to corruption as they are in SS 2008, it is still safer to place both files in a compressed folder (.zip). Please do not send .rar files.
If there is no .En file, send whatever language file you have.

Regards,
Marty

pepe3w

• Forum member
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2011, 00:28:32 »

Hi, I am having the same problem, cannot find a mission in the single mission list.

It's my first mission, very very simple in Bora Bora, just go to a another place and finish there. The name in properties and of the file are the same: "mia01". I can see it in the file explorer, mia01.xml and mia01.EN, even another files like AutoSave.xml and AutoSave.EN, but cannot see then in the game single mission list.
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Jose

mvsmith

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2011, 02:53:20 »

Hola Jose,

One possibility, as Eric noted, is that you have used a faulty player ship.

Another is that you have chosen different file names from the mission title you gave in Mission Properties. The name that would appear in the game is the title, not the file name.

A third possibility is that more than one copy exists with the same name, not necessarily the same mission. They can be in different folders—one of the campaign missions might also exist in your [Users] folder.
Duplicate mission names prevent either from being accessible in-game. In that case, a red message to that effect will be shown when you start SSE, but it will be blurred for most of the time.

You can also post the files for the problem mission here, as I explained in the last post to Egas.

Regards,
Marty

egas miedema

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2011, 17:04:16 »

here i have attached my mission i dont now if you meand this
there is no objective it is just for my self

regards Egas
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 17:25:46 by egas miedema »

egas miedema

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2011, 18:21:35 »

IT WORKS THANKS ALL BUT IT FINALY WORKS

Regards Egas

sadsid († 2016)

• IN MEMORIAM
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2011, 18:35:42 »

Hi Egas
I had a look in editor and to me you just have to many player ships,bollards
for it to cope with memory wise.
I would wait till marty looks at it .
                                                                                                         Eric

egas miedema

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2011, 19:40:03 »

thanks but the problem is solved but.... here is my next problem the coromuel or albartross IV is gone as player ship in the mission editor and in the game so i hope you can help me with this problem to

Regards your annoying customer,
Egas

mvsmith

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2011, 19:47:13 »

Hi Edas,

I’m glad it works for you.
A few suggestions about the mission you posted:

As Eric said, you have far too much stuff, especially player ships. They are expensive in memory use. As you become experienced in mission creation, you will be able to judge how many objects of various types you can use. Seldom will any mission require more than three player ships..

I suggest that you begin with small missions containing only the few ships that play an active role in the mission. It is a mistake to use any ships as nothing but scenery.

This mission contains no logic, so it is not really a mission at all.

There are also a lot of bollards; none of them are usable because they sit on the water. The Mission Editor Notes explain how to place the bollards on the dock. You can download the Notes from:

Finally: The Ferry Pontoons are to allow ferries to operate where there are no docking facilities. They are not intended to be placed in front of the existing ramps in Dover or Calais.

Regards,
Marty

egas miedema

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2011, 19:50:37 »

hi marty,

i now i now its just for fun and the bollards do work and i have placed the on the dock now the ferry pontoons are the only place where people can get out of the red-jet 4 and i works already and the albatross IV works also

Thanks and regards,
 Egas

pepe3w

• Forum member
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2011, 17:39:32 »

One possibility, as Eric noted, is that you have used a faulty player ship.

Another is that you have chosen different file names from the mission title you gave in Mission Properties. The name that would appear in the game is the title, not the file name.

A third possibility is that more than one copy exists with the same name, not necessarily the same mission. They can be in different folders—one of the campaign missions might also exist in your [Users] folder.
Duplicate mission names prevent either from being accessible in-game. In that case, a red message to that effect will be shown when you start SSE, but it will be blurred for most of the time.

You can also post the files for the problem mission here, as I explained in the last post to Egas.

Hola Marty

I have tried all your suggestions and no way... I am sending the files.

I create a new mission called "mia02" and this one is in the mission list. But now I cannot see the green star of the objetive01... but I need to work and study a little bit more...

Regards
Jose

mvsmith

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2011, 19:23:43 »

Hola Jose,

Congratulations! You managed to pick a defective player ship.
Bangalore cannot be used as a player ship at this time because she has no bridge—even though there appear to be files for the bridge.

If you use the Player version of Bangalore in a mission—even if it is not the starting player ship—the mission will not make it past the mission scanning and on to the list of playable missions.
If you use Apollo instead, your first mission will be playable.

I’ll look at your second mission as soon as I can.

I hope vin_sun does not see this post; I’m not sure if he can handle the news.

Regards,
Marty

vin_sun

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2011, 19:49:31 »

I hope vin_sun does not see this post; I’m not sure if he can handle the news.

I never miss reading any of your posts Marty.

..... and as for "Bangalore" being a defective player ship .... I can stomach that !!  :D :D Never did expect that Vstep would name a static vessel in SSE after a big city in India !! The city itself is not perfect in many ways !

Regards
vin_sun
Land was created to provide a place for boats to visit.

pepe3w

• Forum member
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2011, 20:46:03 »

Hola Marty,

Wow! My mouse is very sorry to have had so precise aim  ::)

OK, I changed by Cartagena (spanish port ;D) Delight and now work fine.

And... I figured out that in the first trigger (Init) you have tu set visibility to 1 of the next sprereAreaEntity or you cannot see te green star.

Thanks Marty

Regards
Jose

mvsmith

« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2011, 22:55:27 »

Hola Jose,

If you have not done so already, you can download a PDF of the Mission Editor Notes from here:

The first part is a tutorial with exercises that teach the fundamentals of the mission system.

I always think of Cartagena Delight as referring to the port in Colombia from whence she makes regular high-speed runs to Miami while evading the Coast Guard and the DEA.

Regards,
Marty

pepe3w

• Forum member
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2011, 18:56:06 »

Hola Marty,

I`ll take a look at that PDF, thank you.

Yes! there is a Cartagena port in Colombia, but I don't know that one. Cartagena de Indias... a little bit far from Miami, isn't it?

Regards
Jose
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines