Hello Guest April 26, 2024, 22:01:22 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Would this computer work with SSE  (Read 1970 times)

Casey13

• Forum member
Would this computer work with SSE
« on: March 12, 2011, 23:02:14 »

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Gamer_Xtreme_SI/#&manufacturer=CyberPower&processor=Core

It looks good, but I need some expert advice (which is from all you people).

Sorry to be wasting your time with this but I know nothing about the parts of a computer.

Also, if there is any specific parts I should get, then just say so. However I am trying to maintain a minimum budget.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2011, 23:04:16 by Casey13 »

ac_freeman

• Forum member
Re: Would this computer work with SSE
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 01:25:27 »

Hi Casey,

First of all let me say that I am not an expert - comparing to my system, your processor is 3.2GHz whereas mine is 3.4GHz, my Graphics card is ATI Radeon HD 4800 whereas yours is ( I think a later model ), 8GB RAM is the same - I get very good performance on SSE with all graphics set to maximum detail so on that basis I would think you should be fine with this build........there are probably others on this Forum far better qualified than me to comment though :-)

regards,

Andy

vin_sun

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 07:21:18 »

Hi Casey,

Remember me ? :D I had configured an Intel rig for you in January for your budget of $700.  ;D

Looks like your budget has pretty much increased  ;D ;D

OK, here's the deal. I checked out Tigerdirect.com and Newegg.com for price comparison of the various components and the total is very close to the $1570 Cyberpower is quoting. My observations are as follows:-

- The processor, RAM and graphics card are all fairly high end.

- The Samsung Blu Ray / DVD R-RW combo is a good feature.

- Hard disk is good with 1TB storage.

- In my opinion the motherboard has one disadvantage - there is no on board video. This can become particularly
  disadvantageous in the event of a graphics card failure. If you did have on board video you can disconnect the
  cable from the defective graphics card and connect it to the on board video socket and continue using the
  computer. But of course you will not be able to play any games that requires the graphics card.

- The power supply unit - Xtreme gaming - doesn't seem to be a popular one.

- Don't get fooled by the case that is being shown. That is just to make the deal look attractive. You will get a
  very basic case without all that digital displays and LED lights as it costs only $35 !!!

- You will have to continue with your existing monitor. The price does not include a new monitor.

- Bear in mind that the OS (windows 7 Home Premium) will come pre installed and not as a separate disk. In all
  probability you will have to make the "recovery disks" on your own. These are required in case you have any
  problems with Windows 7.

So, Casey .... these are my observations. But if you are happy with what Cyberpower is offering you can go ahead. It will suit SSE very well.

Regards
vin_sun
Land was created to provide a place for boats to visit.

saltydog

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 07:28:20 »

They seem to have some other interesting computers..
Perhaps someone could advise..

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/category/intel_pc/
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 07:48:02 by saltydog »

vin_sun

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 11:06:54 »

They seem to have some other interesting computers..
Perhaps someone could advise..

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/category/intel_pc/

Yeah, Salty ..... quite a choice really.

Casey, maybe you should take a look via Salty's web link. Quite some lower priced rigs there.
Land was created to provide a place for boats to visit.

Casey13

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 03:26:39 »

Well at this point I am desperate to have a top quality computer that will last for at least a few years.

I will look at the link.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines