Hello Guest April 26, 2024, 13:17:18 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reporting Spam  (Read 546 times)

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
Reporting Spam
« on: March 08, 2011, 11:01:44 »

Hi everyone,

A little note and/or request regarding spam reports.

If you come across spam messages and want to report them.. then please do not report all spam messages by the same user. With this I mean, those instances where we see one spammer fill the forum with many messages.

You can imagine if several members all report all the topics/posts that one spammer makes, it will actually spam our reports board with tons of report topics about the same spam, by many different people.  :P

Just report one of them, specially if it's obviously not a real serious shipsimming member. Then we can just remove the person and all of his/her/it's contributions in one go.

If everyone reports all of them, then we have many dozens of reports all on the one spammer... hehe ;D

So if you'd please keep that in mind when reporting them, we'd be much obligbed. Cause it's not going to go any faster or better if we have them all reported, since all of them are deleted in one go when the spammer gets kicked off the forum anyway. Which means you guys and gals can save a little time too. Even though we ofcourse really appreciate the effort you take!!!

If you want to be even more helpful perhaps, then sending me a pm, with a link to the spammer's profile page, is even faster. Then as soon as I see the message, it's just two mouseclicks, and all of his/her/it's spam is gone a.s.a.p.

Thanks everyone, and keep those reports coming, cause thanks to your efforts we keep this forum clean, together!!

Kind regards,
Fred
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 11:03:34 by Mad_Fred »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines