Hello Guest September 21, 2024, 10:53:10 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Patch (V1.4)?  (Read 4087 times)

FREDMD2000

• Forum member
New Patch (V1.4)?
« on: February 15, 2011, 03:26:45 »

Anyone know if there is a new patch coming out in the near future?

VirtualSkipper

• Forum member
Re: New Patch (V1.4)?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 13:45:22 »

No one can say but I dare to say there will.  ;)
"There is a plaque laid next to the remnants of the Titanic which reads, "Only Chuck Norris is unsinkable"

agekiel

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 18:31:27 »

Hallo,
Yes patch 1.4 will come, vstep is working very hard on the performance problems for the moment.
A moderator of the german forum is now testing a new beta version and his performance increases up from
6 fps to 15 fps and this is just the beginning, vstep has found out more possibilitys to increase performance and
their work goes on, so it makes me hopeful for the next patch.

regards from Germany ;)

MokMok

• Forum member
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 18:47:42 »

A question of being patient, please don't push the developers about releasing the new 1.4-Patch! Otherwise this new patch won't fix the current performance issues and even new bugs will arise!

Kevinmcg_ships

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 19:04:26 »

That sounds very promising, agekiel.

Fingers crossed patch 1.4 will solve the performance issues, and I would be happy to wait a bit longer to allow Vstep to be certain that patch 1.4 doesn't cause any unintended side effects or bugs  :thumbs:
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit  |  CPU: Intel i7-4770k @ 3.5 GHz  |  RAM: 16Gb DDR3  |  Graphic Card: Asus GTX 660 DirectCU II OC

MokMok

• Forum member
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 20:49:54 »

I hope that the 1.4-Patch will adress the performance problems in the Multiplayer mode. Especially when certain ships are involved, see topic     
"Framekiller ships" http://80.95.161.114/shipsim/forum/index.php/topic,24053.0.html.

spitman

• Forum member
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2011, 21:19:49 »

A question of being patient, please don't push the developers about releasing the new 1.4-Patch! Otherwise this new patch won't fix the current performance issues and even new bugs will arise!

I agree, don't release the official patch until it is ready.  

I think it would be a good idea to release a beta patch to some of us regular players that have technical experience though, our feedback could help.  I have multiple installs of XP on my PC in totally separate partitions (thanks to Bootit Next Generation) just for doing things like that.  I don't have to mess up my regular SSE install when testing things.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 21:23:35 by spitman »

MokMok

• Forum member
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2011, 21:40:17 »

Releasing Beta patches for testing purposes only could be a good thing.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 21:45:21 by MokMok »

Mad_Fred

• Administrator
  • ✝ In Memoriam
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2011, 10:16:44 »

That's already how it works. Just not publicly.  ;)

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2011, 11:18:00 »

That's already how it works. Just not publicly.  ;)

I'd say less complaints  ::)

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

TJK

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2011, 13:47:01 »

Well we are not complaining  but give the developers good and serious feedback when finding bugs, wee work almost around the clock to find something that are not so good and they fix it so fast they can.
TJK

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2011, 19:34:04 »

If players were fully aware of how many builds have been made for testing purposes they would possibly better appreciate the amount of work put in by The Vstep personnel & the Beta testing team. I can assure you all that the wait has been worthwhile.
Retired, UK foreign going Masters Ticket.

Ballast

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2011, 19:37:52 »

Well spoken Traddles!  :thumbs:
It's the crew that makes the difference

Third Mate

• Forum member
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2011, 01:35:00 »

If players were fully aware of how many builds have been made for testing purposes they would possibly better appreciate the amount of work put in by The Vstep personnel & the Beta testing team. I can assure you all that the wait has been worthwhile.

I think that's what is missing from all this, yeah if we knew briefly unless it's top secret information or confidential appreciation of everything VSTEP is doing will defendant stand out. No one knows much at all and people are expecting things to be fixed over night. We know sometimes when one of the moderators just puts it out there. I think the forum needs a new board which someone from VSTEP can briefly let everyone know about what's going on there so we can appreciate the hard work put in. This section should only be allowed to view only if you have SS010 registration key since it's more focused around SS010

THE 888 MARK
THE 999 MARK
THE 1111 MARK

NCLAPOA

• Forum member
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2011, 03:08:57 »

I think the problem is they don't know for sure what new features and fixes are going to make it into the final patch released to the public.  Even though Titanic may, at early stages, may have been considered for the initial release, she didn't make it in.  VSTEP still gets flak from people on this board because they were "misled" by pre-release material.  I don't think they want to do the same sort of thing again.

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2011, 18:07:33 »

There is absolutely no point in Vstep sending out information about updates & patches which may, or may not, be included at any time. The whole situation is in a state of flux and you will all be informed when a new patch is published. Further than that, patience is the keyword. Everyone is now aware that a patch is in process of being built and that it would also appear that there will be at least two ferries in a new pack. What more do you wish to be told?  This information has been widely promulgated, so please let the developers get on with the job.

The Ferry King

• Forum member
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2011, 18:19:17 »

There is absolutely no point in Vstep sending out information about updates & patches which may, or may not, be included at any time. The whole situation is in a state of flux and you will all be informed when a new patch is published. Further than that, patience is the keyword. Everyone is now aware that a patch is in process of being built and that it would also appear that there will be at least two ferries in a new pack. What more do you wish to be told?  This information has been widely promulgated, so please let the developers get on with the job.

what do you mean with the 2 ferries?
do they also get released in the update 1.3.5? or 1.4.2

or did you mean something else?

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2011, 18:42:49 »

http://plixi.com/p/71237259

Surely this is quite clear? Swenson says a new add-on. There is a later post with a Big Apple ferry too. There are the two I mentioned.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 18:44:40 by Traddles »

The Ferry Man

• Forum member
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2011, 19:34:01 »

*Cough three ferries have been shown now *Cough

That nasty cough is back  :doh:

Traddles

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2011, 20:24:05 »

Who needs me? Third Mate was busy having a little complaint so I thought that would help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines